It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owen Jones walks off set in Sky News interview about Orlando Shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Today, just outside of Brussels, a Tunisian transgender was stabbed multiple times by two members of IS, and is in hospital. First they were after him in Tunisia, but they followed him to Belgium.

It's hard not to notice the huge increase in LGBT stories in the media recently, though I'm not sure what that means...

soulwaxer

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Sad state of affairs when our president cant call it for what it was. I wish some one n the pulse had a concealed carry, and shot that piece of hate right when he pulled out his weapons. He was a coward.

I don't understand.... "can't call it what it is".....what difference does it make.....do you really think that he doesn't know who the enemy is?.....that is what you are implying, and it is a naïve and meaningless statement

Because someone who cant or refuses to recognize a problem correctly is someone who cant or refuses to solve it.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Desperate to play the victim, it would appear.

That kid is the worst of the 3 by far. He's gay, therefore he's a victim in all of this, therefore you two shut up and only his opinion is valid.

They've been chucking homosexuals off roofs and sleghing them in their droves, and lefty clowns like this plonker have said very little to nothing about it.

Where's the outrage? Why is he playing victim with regards to this particular attrocity but not the countless others, some of which you can view footage of if you're that way inclined.

He shouldn't have stormed off the show like that - he should have never gone on in the first place.
edit on 14-6-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing OP. Though indeed the three of them had different agendas as a previous poster already mentioned.
I have to say I understand why Owen was so dumbfounded.
If it was an attack in a synagogue, we would be talking about anti-Semitism.
What is the goal of terrorism? To instill fear. What's the difference between an attack on a Wal-Mart and a synagogue? After an attack on a synagogue a Jewish person will feel less safe. Where non Jewish people can go on with their lives because they will not feel targeted.

This is the same. Like Owen said, maybe you can only understand if you're gay. The target of this mad, bad, lunatic, homophobic, Isis loving schmug was LGBT people.
As a B person, I feel less safe now. Afraid that this attack will trigger more lonatic wolves to do the same thing.

I know I shouldn't but I feel like there's a price on my head now more than before this slaughter.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

If I may ask a question without offending...

Are you not an American? Do you classify your self other than American? The problem that we have is we have allowed the government or social program/paradigms to divide us. Often we will self divide. Once we are divided we can be conquered with greater ease.

So if you live in this country, whether you are gay, straight, trans, queer, lesbian, furry, or whatever the hell you classify yourself as. You are still an American.

I also have to ask, that it appears the murderous pig has now been identified as a homosexual as well. How does this change your narrative?

edit on 14-6-2016 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

Yes I read that too and it doesn't surprise me.
Lots of homophobes are in fact homosexual who can't accept themselves.
He probably got a warm and fuzzy feeling when seeing those two men kissing.

He took the hatred he felt for himself out on these people.
I wish he could have just smashed a mirror.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: z00mster
I personally think he suffered from inner turmoil. His religion on one side ( completely intolerant of homosexuality[unless with little boys] ) and his true self being homosexual.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Sad state of affairs when our president cant call it for what it was. I wish some one n the pulse had a concealed carry, and shot that piece of hate right when he pulled out his weapons. He was a coward.

I don't understand.... "can't call it what it is".....what difference does it make.....do you really think that he doesn't know who the enemy is?.....that is what you are implying, and it is a naïve and meaningless statement

Correct! We have a naïve and meaningless President, during whos rein, we have had what 267 of these murders? What was it during bushes time in office something like 17? and 12 during reagan. See the trend? Ultra poor leadership leads directly to this mess we are in. Obama is a poor speciman of a human. He would make a better reptile Like one of those yellow belly lizards, or a poisoness snake

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

And don't forget his father.
He totally messed him up.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

what difference does it make..

Hillary, is that you?
edit on 14-6-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
And he is (cant believe I am saying this about the one the Media claims is the Bigot) right.

Why do you say this as if you would otherwise defer to what the media is saying? It comes off sounding like the media is usually sensible. They're all shills you know..

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: z00mster

And don't forget his father.
He totally messed him up.

Yeah right. Now that suspicions arise that he himself might have been gay the victim excuses start popping up. He supported ISIS,he' a mass murderer.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
You all are totally missing my point.

Do you think I've outed myself here just to get stars & flags?

I don't want to be treated differently like I'm special because I am gay. I'm not a [SNIP]ing social justice warrior snowflake.

The real point of this thread was to point out that, just like in the US, our neighbors in the UK have a news media that manufactures words & phrases to capitalize on tragedy. And just like in the US, these reporters brought a guest on and spat on him, british style. Just like in the US, if you come on as a guest on a mainstream news program, you will be expected to adhere to their baseline. And if you refuse, you will be belittled and you will be subjected to defamation of character.

Think Bill O'reilly, Nancy Grace, Glen Beck, etc.

I can entertain the argument that storming off the set was like a childish temper tantrum. But the real outrage here is that they wouldn't even take the time to hear Owen's take on the event. Which is why I ask, why bring him on in the first place?

As I've said, Owen doesn't speak for the gay community, and neither do I. In fact, I don't want to speak for the gay community.

Just like these two FOXish reporters don't speak for all of the US or the UK.

If you counted the words spoken. The little special guy probably got out 4 times as much as the other 2 put together.

The special one comes out like "This is how you should be narrating this tragedy" " why wont you narrate this tragedy they way I told you to." " OMG!! you STILL have not narrated this the way I demand" " We are special" "your not gay you dont understand"

LGBT terrorism is right... the guy would not shut up.

Next time a hetrosexual gets murdered should we call it an artack on the straight community?

Amd from what I am hearing the terrorist guy was gay himself. This was probably a gay vs gay attack but that wont give LGBT the narrative this guy wants. He made up his mind and "nobody is listening!!"

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: z00mster
Thanks for sharing OP. Though indeed the three of them had different agendas as a previous poster already mentioned.
I have to say I understand why Owen was so dumbfounded.
If it was an attack in a synagogue, we would be talking about anti-Semitism.
What is the goal of terrorism? To instill fear. What's the difference between an attack on a Wal-Mart and a synagogue? After an attack on a synagogue a Jewish person will feel less safe. Where non Jewish people can go on with their lives because they will not feel targeted.

This is the same. Like Owen said, maybe you can only understand if you're gay. The target of this mad, bad, lunatic, homophobic, Isis loving schmug was LGBT people.
As a B person, I feel less safe now. Afraid that this attack will trigger more lonatic wolves to do the same thing.

I know I shouldn't but I feel like there's a price on my head now more than before this slaughter.

Do you want a special law that is special to gay people? Will that make you feel safe?

You did not feel affraid when terrorists were targetting westerners? But now you feel affraid that terrorists are targetting gay westerners?

I sense a cry for attention....

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If only the laws would allow concealed carry permit holders to carry in clubs and other places people might have a chance. But as currently written they are off limits as are resturants if they serve liquor. Hell you cant even pull into a post office parking lot and leave your gun in your car without violating federal law, and here in the great state of Florida our vehicles are considered the same as our home or castle, and we can go just about anywhere as long as the gun is in the vehicle even if the business doesnt want you armed on their property. Case in point disney recently where an employee had a handgun in the car while at work and they tried to fire him about it. Vote open carry and drop the restrictions and a lot of this nonsense would end quick...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
If only the laws would allow concealed carry permit holders to carry in clubs and other places people might have a chance. But as currently written they are off limits as are resturants if they serve liquor. Hell you cant even pull into a post office parking lot and leave your gun in your car without violating federal law, and here in the great state of Florida our vehicles are considered the same as our home or castle, and we can go just about anywhere as long as the gun is in the vehicle even if the business doesnt want you armed on their property. Case in point disney recently where an employee had a handgun in the car while at work and they tried to fire him about it. Vote open carry and drop the restrictions and a lot of this nonsense would end quick...

That sounds like a great idea. Lets let guns into night clubs where everyone is drunk. In case one person pulls out a gun now EVERYONE can pull one out. With all the bright lights i a night club I am sure everyone will know who the real shooter is when everyone has their gun out shooting. GREAT IDEA!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: jaynkeel

That sounds like a great idea. Lets let guns into night clubs where everyone is drunk. In case one person pulls out a gun now EVERYONE can pull one out. With all the bright lights i a night club I am sure everyone will know who the real shooter is when everyone has their gun out shooting. GREAT IDEA!!!

Well its evident the current plan doesnt work. And concealed carry holders generally are the more responsible gun owners out there. And not everyone at the night club is drunk there is a thing called designated driver, sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
typical left wing bs

they cant handle being disagreed with

this is what happens when your parents to cater to your every need and never discipline you and you win everything regardless of truly winning or not

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Of course I don't want a special law. You totally miss the point.
Maybe this can make it clear:
After the attacks in Brussels, Belgium which were at the airport and in the metro, I was more afraid to go in the metro where I live (which is not Brussels ).
Also , when booking a flight after it happened, Brussels airport was ruled out for me as a departure point.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

If I may ask a question without offending...

Are you not an American? Do you classify your self other than American? The problem that we have is we have allowed the government or social program/paradigms to divide us. Often we will self divide. Once we are divided we can be conquered with greater ease.

So if you live in this country, whether you are gay, straight, trans, queer, lesbian, furry, or whatever the hell you classify yourself as. You are still an American.

I also have to ask, that it appears the murderous pig has now been identified as a homosexual as well. How does this change your narrative?

If you go back and read my OP before rushing to post in this thread you will know the answers to your question.

And yes I am an American first, of Italian/Irish decent, before I am anything else.

And by the way, I have no narrative!

This tragedy has my emotions running high and I can see it reflecting in my posts which is something that I am not ok with.

I am respectfully removing myself from this thread and subsequently trying my hardest not to post on ATS until all this # chills out. You may all continue to carry on with your bantering without me in this thread.

The point that I was trying to make was clearly missed.

Thanks.
edit on 6/16/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join