It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owen Jones walks off set in Sky News interview about Orlando Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
SOURCE

More and more every day I just want to strangle people in the media. It's like they REALLY do not understand what goes on in the real world. They live in a world of scripts & sound bytes and for the love of (insert deity here) they just cannot seem to come to terms with the reality of the situation.

If you thought Obama's response to the Orlando massacre was bad, just wait until you see what our friends across the Atlantic have to say about it:

He said: “People rationalise their hatred. This guy, apparently, according to his dad, saw two men kissing and he was repulsed by it.

“And people know this who are gay, that there are people out there who are sickened and repulsed by our very existence and this guy, however he dresses up his bigotry and hatred, is somebody who hates gays.

“He hates LGBT people and he had a gun... and he used that to murder LGBT people.

“But can we just be clear, because you say it’s lunatics and the rest of it, if he went into a synagogue and killed innocent Jewish people... we call it out for what it is.

“This person is a homophobic terrorist, whatever else he is,” adding: “At the end of the day this was a homophobic crime, as well as terrorism and it has to be called out.”

Owen James (gay panelist) walks off set during the interview at the very end because the two idiots he's sitting with REFUSE to call the crime an act of terror on the LGBT community. The [SNIP] to his right just wants to blame it on gun control and acts like she's an expert on American gun policy (SHE'S NOT EVEN AN AMERICAN WTF).

Ok I'm a gay male, living in Florida. Fortunately nobody I know personally was killed yesterday morning at Club Pulse but friends of friends (that I know) were murdered and it make me sick to my stomach to see ignorant people in the media politicizing this tragedy. They want to use all of these manufactured words and phrases to conceal the real horror so that they can go about their daily lives and capitalize on the ratings. The politicians don't even have to politicize it! Their media underlings do it for them! These [SNIP]ers REFUSE to admit this was a crime against the gay community!

Total [SNIP]ing arseholes.

edit on 6/13/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/6/2016 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed censor circumvention

+36 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
As much as I want to wash my mouth out with soap, the only politician calling this spade a spade is Trump.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

I was so tempted to wear a Make America Great Again hat to the vigil today... But I didn't.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thing is in his speech I honestly felt he was not paying Lip Service to the LGBT(what ever group of letters they added now) community. He flat out call them Americans period. And he is (cant believe I am saying this about the one the Media claims is the Bigot) right.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sad state of affairs when our president cant call it for what it was. I wish some one n the pulse had a concealed carry, and shot that piece of hate right when he pulled out his weapons. He was a coward.
edit on 13-6-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ok , in one aspect i just want to point out that you dont have to be American to be an analyst of American politics same as middle eastern or European Etc. etc.
As for the topic I whole heart heartedly support the idea that this was a Terrorist attack no.1. the attack was aimed at or against LGBT community first, the American people second, the western people third.
the reason why the media is in damage controll with this is because they have run with the propaganda that islam is the religion of peace, the same bull# was used with the mass rapes in cologne, "it their culture". how much more, how much more of this will the people endure.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

I don't disagree that you have to be an American to be an expert in American politics. Hell, I see some foreigners on here that know more about American politics than some of my closest friends & family!

Point is, people that work in the media are given a baseline before they go live. They have briefings from studio execs and producers who tell them:

"Ok! This is what happened, this is what you are going to say, and this is how we are going to cover it. Be careful not to use any 'sensitive' words and be careful not to drift off topic (i.e. tell it like it is). Ok? And now we're live! GO!"

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01 they have run with the propaganda that islam is the religion of peace, the same bull# was used with the mass rapes in cologne, "it their culture". how much more, how much more of this will the people endure.

But Islam is the religion of peace
A piece of you over here
And a piece of you over there

I see that the Christians are taught that they are not to judge nor participate. Furthermore they are to love and never hurt gays in any way,mentally or physcally, nor even have bad thoughts toward them, per their scripture.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I can tell what she wants. Gun control.

What the kid that won't shut up wants, I can't tell. Does he want a special law for killing gay people as opposed to not gay?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

It's funny how we all agree on the horrible acts. Yet so damn devided. I was on board with the kid, but his pompous attitude ruined it.😕

Yes it was an attack on an LGBT night club. But that's not the only attack that will come. Or has come to date. Everyone is at risk.

United we stand. But we're divided and will fall👎
edit on 13-6-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

I don't disagree that you have to be an American to be an expert in American politics. Hell, I see some foreigners on here that know more about American politics than some of my closest friends & family!

Point is, people that work in the media are given a baseline before they go live. They have briefings from studio execs and producers who tell them:

"Ok! This is what happened, this is what you are going to say, and this is how we are going to cover it. Be careful not to use any 'sensitive' words and be careful not to drift off topic (i.e. tell it like it is). Ok? And now we're live! GO!"

dude they were drifting on purpose, this is the agenda. the Hidith pushes a massive hate towards Gay people, why do you think we see footage of them being excecuted in the middle east, thrown from the roof tops, beheaded.
this target was chosen for a reason, specificaly because it was full of gay people.
the media is using the gun agenda as a smoke screen. COME ON!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
the two panelists are actually more in the right than Owen moaning about how its a attack against the gays.

What we know is that the terrorist was a radical islamic ass who didnt like gay people..most likely because of his islamic upbringing. We know the club was a gay club, it it was also latino night..also not many religious folks there...probably mostly atheists.
it is a den of sin in a islamics mind..

it wasn't a crime against the gays, it was a crime against western culture..this small child can go home and wet his pants demanding he gets all the victim cred because he too is gay. naa, dont think so bud. I am a floridian, I have more in common with the victims than you, schmuck.

I do think that if you are on a no fly list, your right to own a gun should be temporarily suspended until things are cleared up. What would have helped though is if there were a lot more concealed guns being carried by everyday joes in that club.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I must not have been watching the same video that you all did. Because what I saw were two reporters that wouldn't let the one gay guy in the room get his piece of mind in. I'm not saying he speaks for the entire gay community, and I'm not saying that there shouldn't be some sort of reasonable gun control implemented.

What the hell did they even bring him on for? They kept interrupting him. All he was trying to say was that it was an attack on the gay community. And they just wanted to say 'no no he's only a lunatic, he doesn't really hate gay people.'

Yes he did hate gay people... He killed 49 of them.

The point Owen was trying to make was if this was a Synagogue that was attacked, everybody in the media would call it anti-semetic. Instead they (the two british reporters) were calling him a lunatic.

I also don't believe in legislating 'hate' crimes, either. A hate crime to me is completely redundant.
edit on 6/14/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

[SNIP]

Lol, spoken like a true Brit!

edit on 14-6-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/6/2016 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed large quote

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
See, when I watched it my overriding impression was that Owen wanted the narrative to be purely about a homophobic attack and the other two were trying to point out that it was an attack on everyone (because the West broadly supports the rights of people to live how they like). Julia even made the point that as a gobby woman she would be just as much a figure of hatred for isis goons as anyone else.

He didn't like it because he's spent his life trying to say that there's no problem with Islam, merely with our failing to accommodate it properly in the West.

He flounced off because he couldn't see a way of spinning the narrative he wanted to.
edit on 04pTue, 14 Jun 2016 01:30:04 -050020162016-06-14T01:30:04-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 58pTue, 14 Jun 2016 01:30:58 -050020162016-06-14T01:30:58-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

He didn't like it because he's spent his life trying to say that there's no problem with Islam, merely with our failing to accommodate it properly in the West.

Really? Owen spent his life trying to sympathize with Islam?

Sources please. Now.

Just because he's gay doesn't mean he is a leftist.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

[SNIP]

It will be bizarre if it turns out the shooter was a jealous gay guy
Lets wait and see

It seems to me there are lots of the LGBTI grandstanding this issue at the moment, bit like Trumps and Clintons are doing for a political agenda
edit on 14/6/2016 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed large quote

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I saw a lot of grandstanding today at the vigil. But it wasn't from the gays, it was from the local politicians in Tampa that want to get re-elected.

At one point the Bob Buckhorne (Mayor of Tampa) said something about the need for everyone to donate blood for the surviving victims in Orlando. One person standing right next to me shouted 'THEY WON'T LET US!'

This is because in most places you are not allowed to give blood if you are gay.

edit on 6/14/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

I saw a lot of grandstanding today at the vigil. But it wasn't from the gays, it was from the local politicians in Tampa that want to get re-elected.

At one point the Bob Buckhorne (Mayor of Tampa) said something about the need for everyone to donate blood for the surviving victims in Orlando. One person standing right next to me shouted 'THEY WON'T LET US!' I assume because he is HIV positive.

Its a tragedy beyond all proportions, possible less of a tragedy in relation to a school shooting, sad I say that I know.

Do you know how many unborn children were aborted last year in Orlando ?
Can you feel empathy for those who think abortion is murder, why they are opposed to it?
Thats a tragedy as well, do you feel offended by that question or statement?

Why is it a LGBTI issue, why isnt it an attack on everyone, why is that.

You care about what you care about and are offended if others dismiss your feelings.

No offence, this is a broken world, broken people, everyone does to every community what is being done to your community, always have.

There is no fair

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It was an attack on the country and it's people.

Why do these LGBT speakers want so badly to separate themselves from the rest of the country? They don't want it to be called an attack on the people, but rather an attack on them and their exclusive group.

I'm not going to be more upset about a terrorist attack just because the target has a different lifestyle than some other possible target. It's still a terror attack on my country and the people that share this country with me, and it should be taken seriously as such.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join