It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Americans Who Don’t Report Their Suspicious Neighbors Should Be ‘Brought To Justice’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If your neighbor is doing things that trigger alarms in your head you shouldn't be afraid to report it because of "profiling".

If John Smith's Mom lives with him and he has 5 guns and 25 pipe bombs on the kitchen table for a month and he and his wife plan an attack every night at the house... Mom can't really say "I had no idea this was going on". And yes she be charged with aiding and abetting.

But yea, let's conflate the two.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Trump is wrong.

in a free society, that means we have the freedom to speak. it also means we have the freedom to stay silent.

He's suggesting punishing speech.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I have a gun lying by my left foot for anyone who wants to get close enough to mind my business for me right now.

C'mon, mind it for me, I dare you.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: UnBreakable

What about the kid? Should he be Guantanamo-bound? He must've seen or heard something!!!

I know yours was a snarky response. But in reality, the kid is three, so of course not. But the widow scrubbing her social media? Why? You mean she didn't have a clue that it might have contained a hint of what precipitated this atrocity. You'd think she would have offered it up to investigators to assist them. Instead it creates an air of suspicion around her. Exactly what Trump pointed out.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Yes, it was snarky.

Here is the thing - the woman had an ABUSIVE relationship with this man. She was probably afraid of him and didn't want him getting the idea that she had said anything about him to anyone. Fear will do that.

Also, hindsight is everything. If there is something there, it might be that in her wildest imagination, she wouldn't have thought he could do this??? Should she be punished for that????

As to scrubbing the accounts, perhaps she just doesn't want the invasion of privacy, where tons of people comb through her private posts and quote them on other sites?

I don't know. But FB most likely could haul up her account for the FBI, I'm guessing... ???

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

a reply to: HoldMyBeer

That. Is. Insane.

She saw a bunch of packages and they worked a lot in the garage, and she was supposed to report that to Homeland Security?

Holy Crap. Can you imagine how many innocent people would have their lives invaded and their property (computers) hauled off as evidence?

The movie Brazil is sounding prophetic. :

Absolutely insane. If I had a neighbour receiving a bunch of packages, and was working in his garage, my assumption would be that he's working on his vehicle, or some other non-nefarious project. No matter what colour his skin tone is, or his religion.
😕

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
To think this lunatic didn't make his feelings known about supporting ISIS and it's violence among his circle of friends or acquaintances, is really hard to believe. I personally believe there are many in the Islamic community who harbor the same feelings but don't act out the violence. Once a violent act is committed, the silent "peaceful" Muslims quietly condone the act.

It's that culture's "don't snitch" mentality. The same as the little enclave in Brussels where the France extremists were hiding in plain sight.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Dear Mr Trump,

Dumbass again here.
I would like to report another instance of suspicious behavior.
We were keeping an eye on them for about a decade but now they are off the radar.
They had always a lot of packages coming in and were building bombs, rockets, aircrafts, you name it, all from household stuff and duct tape.

More then once they were excited while talking about blowing stuff up.
They even had a dummy to test out how lethal their projects would be.

And now they are off the radar...

I would put in Martial Law until they are caught and prosecuted.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
On second thought....

The legal system is full of people who file complaints against others already, complaints lodged by those with the money stay the course, against others who don't have money to purchase adequate legal defense and have to plea out and accept being punished for doing nothing.

What "Ding Dong Trump" is babbling about would only make a system that is abused by the wealthy already, even more dangerous to those who didn't inherit wealth like he did.

This # is going "Full Retard" already.

Has been for a long time.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Yes, it was snarky.

Here is the thing - the woman had an ABUSIVE relationship with this man. She was probably afraid of him and didn't want him getting the idea that she had said anything about him to anyone. Fear will do that.

Also, hindsight is everything. If there is something there, it might be that in her wildest imagination, she wouldn't have thought he could do this??? Should she be punished for that????

As to scrubbing the accounts, perhaps she just doesn't want the invasion of privacy, where tons of people comb through her private posts and quote them on other sites?

I don't know. But FB most likely could haul up her account for the FBI, I'm guessing... ???

No, his first wife, ex-spouse, who has been in the news, had the ABUSIVE relationship. This is his current wife, now the widow who has also has a three year old, who nothing is known about this woman, is the one who scrubbed her media. You have confused the two.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I stand corrected. I was not aware he was currently married.

I'm sure the authorities are getting what they need from her and from all her social media.

There really isn't any such thing as "scrubbed" when it comes to that.

FBI's Digital Detectives Dig Through Deleted Data

I can understand her not wanting the general public to do that, however.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I stand corrected. I was not aware he was currently married.

I'm sure the authorities are getting what they need from her and from all her social media.

There really isn't any such thing as "scrubbed" when it comes to that.

FBI's Digital Detectives Dig Through Deleted Data

I can understand her not wanting the general public to do that, however.

I guess that's the million dollar question. Did she scrub her social media because she wanted privacy from the general public? Or was it because it might show there was previous hints to what went down Sunday morning? We'll soon find out.

ETA:

Omar Mateen and his wife may have targeted Downtown Disney, which does not have a security check

www.thewrap.com...
edit on 6jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Well, for all we know she's in a little room somewhere having a chat with some very serious people right now. ??

She will certainly be under investigation.

If she colluded it will be a very uncomfortable conversation indeed.

If something was said that was "suspicious" on FB, should everyone that saw it and didn't report to Homeland Security, should they be held legally responsible and should they do prison time?

edit on 14-6-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

the guy worked for a security firm. his co workers noticed something was off with him and reported their concerns. one even quit because of this guy. who's to say that others in his circle also didn't say something. but when your father is well connected which it appears his father is, the reports just aren't going to go anywhere. before you start blaming family members, friends, and especially neighbors for not catching the hints, how about we ask why those reports wouldn't or couldn't have been acted on if even they did!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Very good point. It truly baffles my mind why so many on ATS worship this guy when he has essentially no respect for freedom or liberty, and would trade those things in for security at a moments notice. He has recently talked about locking down parts of the internet to restrict terrorist communications, and the people concerned about freedom of speech "are foolish people” according to him. That sounds exactly like he's towing the establishment line to me.

Not long ago I wrote up a thread describing how Trump is essentially an imperialistic authoritarian but I decided not to post it, however reading crap like this makes me want to. I was basically trying to point out how he will not challenge many aspects of the "status quo" even though he tries to portray himself as some sort of outsider. He's wants to reduce taxes for the highest earners, decrease banking regulations, and increase defense spending. Those stances will give him powerful allies in the private and public sector.

I love how many of these Trump fanatics are like "man you should rat on your neighbor if you see something suspicious, it's just common sense". That isn't the god damn point is it, the point is Trump thinks you deserve to be punished if you don't report suspicious activity. Like in the case of this women who saw them receive many packages in a short time. Should a person be legally forced to report any type of activity like that? No one would think twice if it was an old white dude receiving packages so the concern of racial profiling is very valid.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
These threads on ATS regarding this situation, are so predictable and yet continue to blow my mind. You see the same agendas being pushed, people find a way to fit in their biases and ideals into the mix no matter what the situation is.

Here's some perspective for ya. Over 1800 people die each and every day in the US from heart disease, and that number is even higher for cancer. Why the hell are we focusing on what was it? 49 deaths in a country of over 300 million? Who the hell gains from all this misguided attention?

This is just ridiculous. I have purposefully chosen to ignore this event from the get-go, because like I said... it was all too damned predictable how the shaping of the story world unfold. I'm sick of the gossip, and wonder how the hell people can't see they're feeding into what they claim to be against.

Now I go back to my regular disconnection from non-issues. Enough energies wasted on this topic with this post alone.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This terrorist's wife knew that he was casing Disney. So, she knew that he had an intention to commit a massive murderous terrorist act. She did not report it.

Would you report your husband if you knew he was casing places to commit mass murder? Do you think this woman should be held accountable in some way for not reporting this to the authorities....even anonymously?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I believe it's called spousal priviledge....

Spousal privilege (also called marital privilege or husband-wife privilege[1]) is a term used in the law of evidence to describe two separate privileges: the communications privilege and the testimonial privilege. Both types of privilege are based on the policy of encouraging spousal harmony, and preventing spouses from having to condemn, or be condemned by, their spouses.

en.wikipedia.org...

she can't be forced to incriminate him..
we can all say that we think she should have said something, but who knows, maybe she did... and just wasn't listened to. and if she had and they came at him and started asking questions that clued him in that she said something, more than likely they would have just let him go on his was and well, the first person he'd find would be her.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

the guy worked for a security firm. his co workers noticed something was off with him and reported their concerns. one even quit because of this guy. who's to say that others in his circle also didn't say something. but when your father is well connected which it appears his father is, the reports just aren't going to go anywhere. before you start blaming family members, friends, and especially neighbors for not catching the hints, how about we ask why those reports wouldn't or couldn't have been acted on if even they did!

His wife went with him to Downtown Disney as he was looking to commit a mass casualty event. She knew his intentions. She subsequently scrubbed her social media. She said nothing. Are you going to make excuses for her too?

Omar Mateen and his wifemay have targeted Downtown Disney, which does not have a security check.

edit on 6jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Indeed she did. I hope the FBI is looking real closely at her, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join