It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Americans Who Don’t Report Their Suspicious Neighbors Should Be ‘Brought To Justice’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

There's no skewing it, he said it. And he said more than just "See something, say something." He said bring people who fail to do that to "justice".

This already happens though!

It is illegal to see a crime and walk away and not say anything. It is hard to be caught doing it, but it is illegal already.

If you see a guy buying 10 pressure cookers and other assorted things and you don't report it, and he later blows up something, you are guilty of a crime.
Even though buying pressure cookers is not a crime.
edit on 14-6-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It is illegal to see a crime and walk away and not say anything.

Sure is
Here we have the innocent bystander ....

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If my Muslim neighbor Hassan starts receiving a lot of UPS deliveries, and doesn't want to talk about it, I will report him as "suspicious" to the local police, and let them take it from there.

Just because someone begins receiving a lot of deliveries doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot. When we lived in FL, one of my neighbors began getting constant deliveries from multiple delivery companies, daily. To those that noticed the folks in the unit, the kid in the house was obviously horrifically sick with something debilitating, had a colostomy bag, urine collection bag, in a wheelchair -- poor kid was seriously medically effed up. Some of the paranoid neighbors thought they were terrorists buying bomb-making crap, so they reported them. Fekking idjits were extremely humiliated when they learned what was really going on with the deliveries. Like the kid in the wheelchair wasn't a dead give-away already? Stupid much? Oh, and they were whiter than mayonnaise, for what it's worth. Not even the right scary people color.

One of my neighbors where we live now gets a lot of deliveries, UPS & FedEx alike. They get near-daily deliveries from both. Like our previous neighbors, they're white folks, though, not teh uber-scary brown people. What they buy is none of my business, period. For all I know, one of their kids is ill, or one of them is an online shopaholic, or works from home. It still wouldn't be any of my business if they were black, brown, red, purple with green polka dots.

Also, I get frequent deliveries. Not for online shopping, I do a hell of a lot of product usage testing before stuff hits the market, and usage testing of alterations to designs/recipes/formulas of things already available. As far as the mail man, FedEx & UPS guys know, I have a kick-ass hobby. If my neighbors wonder about the deliveries, that's their issue.

If someone is STUPID enough to admit that they suspected something, AFTER 15, 50, 200, people are killed, they should also have a "Stupid Person" punishment added on to the "Indirectly Aiding Terrorism" fine, or jail-time, or whatever.

Two possibilities are most likely in that case. Hindsight is 20/20, and covering their ass for the inevitable "How didn't you notice anything" rage-fest onslaught. Normal people don't see oogity boogity crap at every turn, in every person.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Have I mentioned that many-if-not-most-right-wingers in this country are closet authoritarians only muttering about government overreach and personal liberties because their side (or in this case, their hero) was not in power?

Just wait. It gets worse.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I've noticed that many of them seem to only want government to stay out of their lives. They have no problem with government programs intruding on everyone else's lives. This is especially true when they're the ones making those laws.
edit on 14-6-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I've noticed that many of them seem to only want government to stay out of their lives. They have no problem with government programs intruding on everyone else's lives. This is especially true when they're the ones making those laws.

You aren't the only one who has noticed that.

Stay safe in the coming months.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I bet I can count the amount of people in this thread who have read Trump's statements in the aftermath of the shooting, using their own thinking faculties instead of relying on some agenda-driven HuffPo blogger, on less than one hand.

Go to 1:05:30 and listen for a few minutes. Trump does say we need to watch each other and report suspicious behaviours. He says it's the best way. He says we're our own cop. "You gotta do it." He doesn't say we should be punished if we fail to. It doesn't sound scary, but it could be spun that way.

What's suspicious? And when does "gotta do it" become "have to do it"?

Here (November 24 2015):

edit on 6/14/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

IMO the secret sympathizers are just as dangerous as the one who is pulling the trigger. A sympathizer funds terrorists and assist in spreading Sharia law, setting up illegal Sharia law courts in the west, and have that good feeling knowing another infidel killed in the name of Allah and I believe this is the root of the problem ...... and these people need to be identified and set back from where they came.

Sympathizers can be easily spotted ....... how? They refuse to intergrate within the community, they do not speak the local language and do not tolerate another persons religion with bother vocal and physical attacks on the people.

This has nothing to do with racism..... other countries have put more thought into their immigration programs such as Switzerland who is a great role model in controlling immigration and not tolerating radical Islam.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
>Huff Post

Would love to read about these statements he made

Is there a credible link, or just the video of when he made these statements?

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

Lol. HuffPo is useless.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho
>Huff Post

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

Lol. HuffPo is useless.

Because you don't agree, or because they're telling the truth?

Or both?

link   
First lets get those suspicious politicians, banskters and other big corb ppl whom do what ever for that dolla bill.

link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

IMO the secret sympathizers are just as dangerous as the one who is pulling the trigger. A sympathizer funds terrorists and assist in spreading Sharia law, setting up illegal Sharia law courts in the west, and have that good feeling knowing another infidel killed in the name of Allah and I believe this is the root of the problem ...... and these people need to be identified and set back from where they came.

Sympathizers can be easily spotted ....... how? They refuse to intergrate within the community, they do not speak the local language and do not tolerate another persons religion with bother vocal and physical attacks on the people.

This has nothing to do with racism..... other countries have put more thought into their immigration programs such as Switzerland who is a great role model in controlling immigration and not tolerating radical Islam.

And yet, American Muslims have the same rights and protections as American Christians do.

There have been far more attacks on American soil from Christians than from Muslims.

edit on 14-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

As a business owner, I receive deliveries too. That's why I used the word "Muslim" in my statement, and said "If he didn't want to talk about it". Actually, if he's Middle Eastern, and didn't want to talk about the sudden receipt of multiple deliveries, I'd report this/him to the local authorities as suspicious. Wouldn't you?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

If my Muslim neighbor Hassan starts receiving a lot of UPS deliveries, and doesn't want to talk about it, I will report him as "suspicious" to the local police, and let them take it from there.

If I don't report Hassan, and he blows himself up at the local metra-train station, I SHOULD be officially punished! (I'll also be mentally self-punished, but that goes without saying.)

If someone is STUPID enough to admit that they suspected something, AFTER 15, 50, 200, people are killed, they should also have a "Stupid Person" punishment added on to the "Indirectly Aiding Terrorism" fine, or jail-time, or whatever.

Personally, I think most of the people who say that they suspected something, are merely looking for their 10 seconds of fame when the microphone is stuck in their face. But as with anything major in the way of legislation, Congress must approve whatever President Trump proposes.

Delete your account.

Seriously delete it.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

You aren't the only one who has noticed that.

Stay safe in the coming months.

Thank you. The family & I will. I mean, we made it through the eye-opening backlash right after 9/11, so this is "tame" in comparison.
edit on 14-6-2016 by enlightenedservant because: lol I had typed "Me & the family will" lol. talk about horrible grammar...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

As a business owner, I receive deliveries too. That's why I used the word "Muslim" in my statement, and said "If he didn't want to talk about it". Actually, if he's Middle Eastern, and didn't want to talk about the sudden receipt of multiple deliveries, I'd report this/him to the local authorities as suspicious. Wouldn't you?

I wouldn't ask in the first place, I'm not playing the part of the stereotypical geriatric nosy old biddy. Again, what business is it of mine? It's no more my right to grill a neighbor over their deliveries than it is to grill them over why they spend time in a certain part of their home. The retired elderly neighbor next door spends a lot of time in his garage. So does the dude across the street. None of my business what they get, or what they do in their homes. I'm not going to stalk or grill the neighbors just because you think I should.
edit on 6/14/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Pyrrho
>Huff Post

Lol. HuffPo is useless.

Because you don't agree, or because they're telling the truth?

Or both?

I don't disagree or agree. I just want to have the info about what Trump said. Your question makes no sense except to show that you're willing to support poor journalism just because it suits your opinion. There are much more credible places for you to get your opinions from. Don't set your standard so low.

Huffpo is useless. At least if you have somewhat of a standard when it comes to where you get your information. Not being extremely biased is a good standard to have. A little bias isn't bad, but extreme bias is pretty useless. HuffPo contributors also seem to have some serious issues with citing their sources. Many news sources can be cited credibly, but citing HuffPo would get you laughed out of any class room.

It's just a terrible place for news or information in general. They like to include unsubstantiated opinions as fact, such as the editor's note I quoted. It also served no purpose in that particular spot. Why was it there? Some emotional outburst? Maybe they could try to be a bit professional every now and then.

I don't have a very high standard, but it's at least a bit of a standard and enough to disregard HuffPo. Are you saying there is no other source for this info?
edit on 6/14/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/14/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This willful and purposeful "interpretation" here of what Trump said is garbage.

I saw his speech live and he was talking about two different instances about 'knowing'. The first instance he was talking about how people were afraid of reporting SUSPICION because of political correctness. Minutes later in the speech he referred to people with KNOWLEDGE, like family members. He was references two different scenarios.

I'm going to use the EXACT quote stated in the OP.

“We need to make sure every single person involved in this plan, including anyone who knew something, but didn’t tell us, is brought to justice,” Trump said in New Hampshire. “These people need to have consequences, big consequences.”

He was speaking about people who KNEW. Like the Mother of one of the Terrorists in San Bernardino who had knowledge of WEAPONRY and intent.
Or now, as it is coming to light, the WIFE knew of Mateens INTENT

He was speaking about people who have the direct criminal KNOWLEDGE, and say nothing.

I'm sorry, but if you know your family member or friend is about to kill people, or you go over to your friend Joe's house, and he has PIPE BOMBS sitting on his living room table...and tells you about it.. I would say you should be bought to justice for staying quiet while dozens of people get their heads blown off.

He didn't ask for a new Gestapo. He didn't ask for us to be a McCarthy society. He didn't say we should all be paranoid about our neighbors. He was talking about KNOWLEDGE.
edit on 381am3003America/Chicago16CDT03America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

You said "Huffpo is useless."

I asked you a question. You answered. No need to make personal comments.

Trump has incited political violence, has told multiple lies, has exhibited xenophobia, racism, misogyny, he is a birther, has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims.

These are facts, not opinions.

Thanks for your answer.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Any Trump supporter should ask themselves a very simple question:

How much time do you spend justifying his asinine outlandish statements, and how much telling others about the details of his great ideas that are going to change the country?

If it's more the first than the second, by a long shot, that should tell you something.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join