It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Americans Who Don’t Report Their Suspicious Neighbors Should Be ‘Brought To Justice’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

As I said, that stuff that was started didn't include being punished for failure to comply.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer
I disagree beer dude,

If you disect the above writing, remove emtional trigger words, placed by the writer, remove opinion and look at his statemrnt only...he is right

Look at the negative twisting of his words.
He was speaking about a specific event. He was right.

More liberal brainwashing. Prob the other end of the mill bills Hillaries henchmen are paying to smear.

Stay tuned in and very concerned, huff post will tell us what to fear.

Doesn't that make huffpost and other media liars terrorists?
..spreading fear for clicks

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But But But ...

"If You See Something, Say Something™"

There is a difference between asking people to "see something say something" and punishing people who, with the benefit of hindsight, realized that they had seen something and should have said something.

I'm sincerely hoping you see that difference.

Turning neighbor against neighbor and sowing fear on every street is not leadership, it's insanity.

How many people here who think this is a great idea would enjoy having Homeland Security swing by for a little chat?? Think it couldn't happen?

Think again.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Brought to Justice.

I would assume that means brought to The Justice Department.

Does that mean an automatic criminal charge?

Obviously, since Omar was investigated 3 times and not charged....
obviously not.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: carewemust
If my Muslim neighbor Hassan starts receiving a lot of UPS deliveries, and doesn't want to talk about it, I will report him as "suspicious" to the local police, and let them take it from there.

If I don't report Hassan, and he blows himself up at the local metra-train station, I SHOULD be officially punished! (I'll also be mentally self-punished, but that goes without saying.)

If someone is STUPID enough to admit that they suspected something, AFTER 15, 50, 200, people are killed, they should also have a "Stupid Person" punishment added on to the "Indirectly Aiding Terrorism" fine, or jail-time, or whatever.

Personally, I think most of the people who say that they suspected something, are merely looking for their 10 seconds of fame when the microphone is stuck in their face. But as with anything major in the way of legislation, Congress must approve whatever President Trump proposes.

I suspect you are a terrorist or at least harbouring them.....I think the authorities should pay you a visit.....

Send the authorities on over! They won't find anything, but you did your duty to protect fellow Americans against a potential threat. GOOD JOB!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Just a little. [/sarc]

This is actually somewhat terrifying, 'cause how many of our neighbors are going to buy into this?

I enjoy going for a drive in the wee hours of the morning, before sunrise...is that suspicious?

I have opinions that some of my neighbors don't necessarily agree with...is that suspicious?

No, I'll pass on the Orwellian nightmare that this idea represents.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I love how the majority of the people defending Trump, just a few short years ago were up in arms over Obama pushing his "turn in your neighbor" approach, and telling children to do the same.

Hypocrites the lot of you.......

It seriously brings me much disdain to see the people that i really respected, many on this forum, who have completely turned their back on everything they said they stood for.......
edit on 6/13/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
since when is getting some packages through the mail suspicious? and what is alot?
I'm sorry, but the cops in my city have more important things to do than to investigate everyone in the city that gets "alot" of packages, or like to spend time in their garage. and just how does mr trump plan on proving that any one particular person was suspicious of something? after all not all of us are busy bodies, peering out our livingroom windows counting the number of packages our neighbors get each week!

I swear to god, if they ever pass something like this I will start reporting every broken down car I pass on the streets. after all, you never know, there might be a car bomb inside!!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Does he say that he wants to punish you if you don't say anything?
And what did you have to say about Obama saying that when he did?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I am not defending Trump, nor ever said I was voting for him.

But I can not fathom why people will buy into the Orwellian
if Obama and Janet DHS says it.

What is really scary is this See Something Say Something is
still in effect, and no one cares about it till Trump says it.

That is really disturbing.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This is where Trump goes too far. I dont want to trade one totalitarian state for another. If he pulled it back 30% on most things hed be on target.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: carewemust

Good news, no one is gonna punish you because your Muslim neighbor shops too much on Amazon.

I bet you don't even have a Muslim neighbor.

Why should someone be punished because their neighbor shops too much on Amazon? Hassan is Muslim. He's from Jordan. Very nice, mainstream and personable. Not like the profiles of USA shooters and bombers to date.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

No, the whole thing is disturbing. Has been for some time now.

I bought into it for a short time...then, as they say, woke up from the day dream.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I love how the majority of the people defending Trump, just a few short years ago were up in arms over Obama pushing his "turn in your neighbor" approach, and telling children to do the same.

Hypocrites the lot of you.......

It seriously brings me much disdain to see the people that i really respected, many on this forum, who have completely turned their back on everything they said they stood for.......

Are you commenting on the title or the statements?

Cause they don't match

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

How are they even going to prove someone knew something?!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I can not fathom why people will buy into the Orwellian,
if Obama and Janet DHS says it.

What is really scary is this See Something Say Something is
still in effect, and no one cares about it till Trump says it.

That is really disturbing.

So far, only 12 people in this forum, and the degenerates at the Huffington Poop are freaking. Don't worry. It's overblown and will be blown-over by this time tomorrow, BurnTheShips.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I have always wondered how it happens, now it is happening
right in front of my eyes, and I am old enough to see right through
it and remember.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

A lot of people didn't.

I remember a lot of "liberals" here that didn't have any good excuses. I certainly didn't think it was a great thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Well Man dude, he's said it before so, it's not a misspeak.

thehill.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
“We need to make sure every single person involved in this plan, including anyone who knew something, but didn’t tell us, is brought to justice,”

That's quite a different statement than the headline. If you see someone putting on a ski mask before going in a convenience store, you know something is going down. If you have a family member that is talking about killing people, like the guy in Florida apparently was doing, you don't ignore it. We aren't talking about spying on your neighbors here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join