It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Americans Who Don’t Report Their Suspicious Neighbors Should Be ‘Brought To Justice’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Donald Trump on Monday proposed punishing Americans if they don’t turn in their friends and neighbors for behaving suspiciously.

“In San Bernardino, people knew what was going on, they knew exactly, but they used the excuse of racial profiling for not reporting it,” Trump said during a speech in the wake of the Orlando mass shooting.

The presumptive GOP presidential nominee was presumably referring to unverified reports that a woman who lived near the mother of one of the San Bernardino shooters had noticed that the family received “quite a few packages within a short amount of time, and they were doing a lot of work out in the garage.”

A man who claimed to be friends with this neighbor said she did not report the packages and the behavior to authorities because she “didn’t want to do any kind of racial profiling.”

In Trump’s America, however, that woman would face serious consequences. “We need to make sure every single person involved in this plan, including anyone who knew something, but didn’t tell us, is brought to justice,” Trump said in New Hampshire. “These people need to have consequences, big consequences.”

Damn. That's some straight up Orwellian crap right there. Or right out of V for Vendetta.

I'm going to go so far as to say the guy is a Fascist. Un-American.

This is crazy. Way to give the radicals exactly what they want Donald, fear.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Yellow Stars of David shall be handed out.

Is he an idiot?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

We got Orwell either way, I personally am starting to like the flavor that does not hide in doublespeak...

Tis better Animal Farm then 1984

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Donald Trump on Monday proposed punishing Americans if they don’t turn in their friends and neighbors for behaving suspiciously.

I see nothing wrong with protecting your own country...if you even care about it, or your safety.

Edit:

But I am sure most American citizens would be like...

edit on 13-6-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note and picture

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why are you connecting a speech about a shooting incident, and people who knew about it, with a blanket statement towards all Americans?

I don't see that being said, sounds like the opinion of the writer.

Huff is a liberal rag anyway isn't it?

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: sausagefingerphonetypo

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If you have a legitmate reason to believe a neighbor intends to harm someone, or is in the process of harming someone, call the cops.

They are not out to get you, or anybody else.
They are out there doing their job.
Most do it well.

edit on 2016-06-13T22:53:29-05:002201613America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

edit on 2016-06-13T22:59:58-05:002201613America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Sure this guy would be great president, clearly he is for the people

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

He just says things that make no sense. Seriously, there is something wrong with his mind. Will congress make a law like that? If you believe that, we should certainly clean out both House and Senate.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I dont think Trump is fully aware of the capabilities of the intelligence octopus if they were not stood down they would be making vast inroads into these matters, there are enough laws on the books to do the job whats lacking is the will to do it

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I see something wrong with going after people who had nothing to do with it.

I remember people complaining about this type of talk, they didn't like the idea of the see something say something because that got big brother involved to fast. Strange how things change.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

What could possibly go wrong?

www.historyplace.com...

Each Gestapo agent operated at the center of a large web of spies and informants. The problem for the average citizen was that no one ever knew for sure just who those informants were. It could be anyone, your milkman, the old lady across the street, a quiet co-worker, even a schoolboy. As a result, fear ruled the day. Most people realized the necessity of self-censorship and generally kept their mouths shut politically, unless they had something positive to say.

Anyone foolish enough to say something risky or tell an anti-Nazi joke in mixed company might get a knock on the door in the middle of the night or a tap on the shoulder while walking along the street. Letters were also sent out demanding an appearance at No. 8 Prinz Albrecht Strasse, the Gestapo headquarters in Berlin, to answer a few questions. The Gestapo prison center in Berlin (the Columbia-Haus) became notorious as a place where pedestrians strolling outside the building could hear screaming coming from inside.

In 1942, the Gestapo took things a step further via Hitler's Night and Fog Decree. Suspected anti-Nazis would now vanish without a trace into the misty night never to be seen again. The desired effect as stated by Himmler was to "leave the family and the population uncertain as to the fate of the offender."

edit on 13-6-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Huff is a liberal rag anyway isn't it?

Indisputably. But, in this particular case, they are simply reporting what he ACTUALLY said. No spin needed.

link   

+11 more 
link   

Orwellian? Trump loves the Patriot Act and all spying done on Americans which is why it boogles the mind so many ATS'ers love him so much. I guess kicking out illegal immigrants, banning Muslims, and building a wall is their top priority.

Fight not only corruption but a police state while what this country was founded on erodes away?

But damn those illegal immigrants!

Talk about dividing and conquering and having the population focus on the lesser problems this country faces.
edit on 13-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Ya huff po is leans, ok falls, left. Doesn't change what he said though.

People can't be blamed for not reporting something they saw but weren't sure about.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But But But ...

"If You See Something, Say Something™"

Its only scary if Trump says it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Would you be able to tell me with a straight face that you never said anything negative about it?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

No apparently it is only a good idea when he does.
Also did they ever say they were going to go after the people that didn't say anything?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I had to...I had to make this:

So, basically terrorists will get punished, friends and family of terrorists will get punished. And people who fail to report them will get punished?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If my Muslim neighbor Hassan starts receiving a lot of UPS deliveries, and doesn't want to talk about it, I will report him as "suspicious" to the local police, and let them take it from there.

If I don't report Hassan, and he blows himself up at the local metra-train station, I SHOULD be officially punished! (I'll also be mentally self-punished, but that goes without saying.)

If someone is STUPID enough to admit that they suspected something, AFTER 15, 50, 200, people are killed, they should also have a "Stupid Person" punishment added on to the "Indirectly Aiding Terrorism" fine, or jail-time, or whatever.

Personally, I think most of the people who say that they suspected something, are merely looking for their 10 seconds of fame when the microphone is stuck in their face. But as with anything major in the way of legislation, Congress must approve whatever President Trump proposes.
edit on 6/13/2016 by carewemust because: Who Wants 4 Year of CLINTONS Again!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join