It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Yet Another Attack on the Free Press, Trump Blacklists WaPo for Telling the Truth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Triggered...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: DJW001

If anyone's insinuating anything, was the Washington Post, with their headline.

Please consult the dictionary.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Still waiting for you to explain what you think the Trumpmeister meant.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wait.... Wait....whoa...

Were there still people out there that take the Washington Post seriously?

Wow.

I think he should strip everyone's credentials and just have his events covered by YouTube.

It's funny to watch the media wallow in a pit of its own irrelevance this time around. They can't win and it is a beautiful thing. They just can't understand why their influence is waning.

They will either adapt and start doing real journalism again, exposing the government and its vile operations, or they will be shut out of our lives, one awakening viewer at a time.

Thanks DJT!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I figured that that was the case, so I slipped in the correction. I was sure you knew about them.

You know, I can remember the run-up to the 1980 election. I had some pretty New-Agey, hippy friends with stars in their eyes, who were going to vote for Reagan, because RR had a "vision". I was dumbfounded. I tried to tell people at the time that in no way should a former CIA head be the VP. What a long, strange clustersnafu it's been.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: DJW001

If anyone's insinuating anything, was the Washington Post, with their headline.

Please consult the dictionary.

How cute.... Here ya go.

in·sin·u·ate
verb
suggest or hint (something bad or reprehensible) in an indirect and unpleasant way.

Washington Post headline..
"Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting"
So... What have we learned? Adjusted headline below
" " Donald Trump *INSINUATES* President Obama connected to Orlando Shooting" "

You know, for someone who has so confidently asked me to go look up words and such, I would think that you would at the very least have the sense to TRY and see it from my view, instead of just the one from your high horse.
Your snarky little insults are not appreciated and wont get you far with me bud.
It's not nice to be rude.

Soooo Here's my challenge to you. How is the papers headline not insinuating?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Soooo Here's my challenge to you. How is the papers headline not insinuating?

It is. Get over it. Insulting is it - to your giant crybaby snowflake king?

Awwwww...poor Donny...people say mean things about him

If he wasn't saying what they were implying - what was he saying?

Spell it out for us
edit on 6/15/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: a dot too far

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Did you watch those videos?

:-)

They are not helping your argument

Not only that - how hilarious is it that somebody needed to even make those videos - right after it happened. Because everyone was being mean to their little princess Don Don?

206 views...hilarious

You're in the big leagues now Donny - don't be such a punk

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Where does it say that the press have a right to invade rally paid for by the candidate and annoy the participants of that rally. It is NOT a freedom of the press issue. The press are scum of the earth.

The right? To invade?

Annoy the participants at the rally?

So funny - how things look on the other side

It is a freedom of the press issue - they are not crashing Donny's sweet sixteen party. He is running for president. Of the United States of America

Vladimir Drumpf just might be your new emperor. Might. Hopefully you won't have the chance to learn exactly what it means to miss America - land of the free

edit on 6/15/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: clarification

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Oh, I'm over it.

I wouldn't even be in this thread anymore if I wasn't insulted by the other poster.
As for what Trump meant.. Who knows.
Hes doing using a type of attack technique he has used in the past.
Say something kinda vague and direct it at a political enemy. The people who agree with him eat it up and the people who disagree, loose their minds.

He eludes to the idea that Obama is either weak or stupid or that he doesn't care.
“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”
Then..
"He doesn't get it or he gets it better than anyone understands"
I feel this is a stiff jab at Obama for either not bothering to care enough about violence from radicals to call them out publicly and actually call it radical Islam, or that he doesn't believe that religion is the motivation(doesn't get it)
or
Plans to use the attacks to further an agenda (gets it better than anyone understands)

Like I said though, Trump is usually pretty vague and leaves it up to other people to try and put meaning to what he says.
After a couple days of gauging the public's response to various interpretations, he comes out and says "what he meant" by his statements. Not a bad way to do things, really.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Like I said though, Trump is usually pretty vague and leaves it up to other people to try and put meaning to what he says. After a couple days of gauging the public's response to various interpretations, he comes out and says "what he meant" by his statements. Not a bad way to do things, really.

Is this how you actually see it? Is this is something you admire in a presidential candidate?

I'm not asking about whether or not it's good strategy - I'm asking - is this something you feel like defending?

You said this earlier:

For a paper to run that as their headline is at best, a weak attempt to sell papers or worse, pure libel.

How is what the Washington Post said any more libelous than what Donny said?

I wouldn't even be in this thread anymore if I wasn't insulted by the other poster.

Do you agree with the Drumpf that we are too politically correct these days - and that people should not get ruffled so easily?

edit on 6/15/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

World Class Idiot Whisperer, lol

so true

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Where does it say that the press have a right to invade rally paid for by the candidate and annoy the participants of that rally. It is NOT a freedom of the press issue. The press are scum of the earth.

The right? To invade?

Annoy the participants at the rally?

So funny - how things look on the other side

It is a freedom of the press issue - they are not crashing Donny's sweet sixteen party. He is running for president. Of the United States of America

Vladimir Drumpf just might be your new emperor. Might. Hopefully you won't have the chance to learn exactly what it means to miss America - land of the free

I don't really care what Thrump is up to. He can run his campain any way he wants to. If he wants to exclude the press that is his business. The press are bemoning their irrelevance and lost influence in this election cycle.

It's just like the Bilderberg meetings that Jones rants about. The public does not have a right to know what is said there. It's a private exclusive club. They have the right to discuss what they think the way the world should be and the same right as anyone else to influence legislation. Although they may be better financed and focused in their goals.

At the end of the day the voters will decide who they want for President.

Listening to talking heads and reading news papers is so last century.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The Bilderbergs are running for president? Do they want my vote?

Interesting segue :-)

Listening to talking heads and reading news papers is so last century.

:-)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Yeah, It's how I see it. As for admiring it, kind of.(in a candidate, anyway. I wouldn't want him to do things like that in office.) Like I said, it seems pretty clever and looks like it works for him, some of the time.
I wouldn't say I was defending it though, just analyzing and interpreting.

For the second question, besides being said and not printed, what Trump did was a lot more open to interpretation, rather than a direct accusation. They said he "seemed to connect" the two, which seems more like the title to an editorial or opinion. Not a news story. To get what they wrote below:
"Donald Trump seemed to repeatedly accuse President Obama on Monday of identifying with radicalized Muslims who have carried out terrorist attacks in the United States and being complicit in the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando over the weekend"
From what he said, seems to be a bit of a stretch to me. A stretch that no journalist would make, or editor would let through, unless they had an agenda, other that reporting the news.

Third, I feel that people should be able to say whatever they want. If people get ruffled, they have every right to say something back. In my opinion, that's where progress is made. To not talk about something is worse than talking about it too much.

We are free to say whatever we want, to whoever we want. The only catch is, we have to suffer whatever the consequence is for saying it.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Donald Trump, the would be strongman ruler of the United States of America has been running amok all over American media. It's frankly disgusting. Throughout his campaign, he has rarely missed an opportunity to excoriate the media and in his rallies, frothy-mouthed, contemptuous supporters, hopped up on the manipulations of this world class idiot whisperer, have been disgraceful in their treatment of members of the press.

This author of this Vice article describes the scene that typifies the relationships between Trump, his followers and the media:

Why It’s No Surprise a Journalist Got Choked at a Donald Trump Rally

Trump is the only presidential candidate whose rallies feature a specific area in the back where journalists are corralled and not permitted to leave. Other candidates have areas designated for the media, but reporters are free to mingle in the crowd to interview people.

I repeatedly saw members of Trump's communications team stalking the perimeter of his events on the lookout for any reporters with cameras or microphones. At a rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa, one of his aides forced multiple reporters with cameras back to the press pen, then stood behind reporters as they interviewed people.

The reporters covering Trump like to exchange cautionary tales about how his campaign treats press. "Did you hear about so-and-so journalist who got blacklisted?" became a common story I heard from several reporters on the Trump beat. I almost became one of those journalists during his caucus night party in Des Moines, when I was standing by the stage waiting for Trump. One of the Secret Service agents spotted my press pass and we locked eyes: "Get back there or I'm gonna start taking credentials," he boomed in my face. I obeyed and backed up slowly.

An NBC reporter named Katy Tur recently tweeted her experience at a Trump rally that was also familiar: "Trump trashes press. Crowd jeers. Guy by press 'pen' looks at us & screams 'you're a b---h!' Other gentleman gives cameras the double bird."

Not all members of the media are subject to such harsh treatment of course, some like this white nationalist radio host get the red carpet treatment!

It's not news that Donald Trump has a particularly strong beef with the Washington Post. A popular propaganda meme is that the Washington Post has gone to extraordinary means by using some twenty investigators to dig up dirt on Trump (as if digging up dirt on candidates is wrong?) while ignoring Clinton. As it turns out, they've apparently got the same number of investigators looking into Clinton, though that's really beside the point.

Given all this, it's not terribly surprising that when the Washington Post had the gall to report that Donald Trump had made statements insinuating that President Obama was complicit in the Orlando massacre — which he clearly did — Trump took to social media to have a tantrum:

I really have to shake my head at that first comment. What does this person think Donald Trump is going to do to the media if he's elected?

I don't think I need to spell it out for most of you.

Of course, having read the title, you can all guess what was coming next. Trump pulled their press credentials. Now while this is the sort of reaction one might expect of the thinly-orange-skinned cry-bully, Queen Trump, would be strongman ruler — is it really the sort of conduct we should tolerate from a person who wants to lead our great nation?

Donald Trump Blacklists The Washington Post In Latest Assault On The Press

Donald Trump’s campaign revoked The Washington Post’s press credentials on Monday, the latest salvo in an unprecedented assault on the media this election cycle. The presumptive Republican presidential nominee has routinely blasted journalists, pundits, and news organizations to his millions of followers on social media in response to critical coverage and perceived slights. In a Monday Facebook post, Trump said the “phony and dishonest” Post was losing its press credentials due to its “incredibly inaccurate coverage and reporting of the record setting Trump campaign.”

Donald is setting records alright — as the most blatantly anti-freedom of the press major party candidate since John Adams and a Congress majority controlled by his party, passed the Alien and Sedition Acts to lock up the editors of pro-Jefferson newspapers.

The alien and sedition acts.. o how proud our history is. I almost forgot about this, good little reminder when people won't stop worshipping the ground our forefathers walked on.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
In Yet Another Attack on the Free Press, Trump Blacklists WaPo for Telling the Truth

That's rich coming from the people that's been whining about Fox News since it launched in the 90s.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

From what he said, seems to be a bit of a stretch to me. A stretch that no journalist would make, or editor would let through, unless they had an agenda, other that reporting the news.

Really? No journalist that regularly covers politics would wonder, in print - what Trump meant by those remarks?

You admire him for playing coy - and criticize those that aren't having it? :-)

Third, I feel that people should be able to say whatever they want. If people get ruffled, they have every right to say something back. In my opinion, that's where progress is made. To not talk about something is worse than talking about it too much.

Emphasis mine. Too funny

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I don't understand why that is funny to you.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I mean, it is not like a POTUS would spy on the press or anything, right? That is an attack on the Free Press. No one talks about it.

www.nytimes.com...

Trump also simply states he does not want a newspaper in his rallies. So what. It is not suppressing free speech. They can write what they want when they want.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join