It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Yet Another Attack on the Free Press, Trump Blacklists WaPo for Telling the Truth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Who owns the WaPo? Jeff Bezos owns it... wasn't it just a few months ago that WaPo was accused of heavily skewing news against Bernie Sanders while buttressing Hillary Clinton (a friend of Bezos and recipient of many of his political contributions)?

Please, feel free to convince us that WaPo is anything more than a narrative arm of the Clinton campaign and explain, ESPECIALLY TO THE BERNIE SUPPORTERS, why such a blatantly biased and politically debauched "news" agency should have any right to free access as other news agencies less biased enjoy.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Maverick1

originally posted by: Domo1
You are obsessed with Trump. It's getting sad to watch.

Trumpophobes.

They are a thing, brother.

And Obamaphobes for the last 8 years haven't?!

If there's one thing that came from having him has POTUS, it is now I have a scapegoat for everything big and small. I think he's responsible for my missing socks...

...yet he's refused responsibility even for his own missing socks. It's amazing, like watching a guy fish using a lure with no hook in a pond with no fish, expressing frustration at his lack of success.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: MotherMayEye

So instead of asking the person to use critical thinking we should just ban them and not let them report? It is up you to decide if you want belive the info presented but not allowing it to be presented at all if you don't agree with it isn't the answer.

I don't care what happens to the MSM or how they go down. As long as they go down. If you want to read and decide for yourself -- goodie for you. I just hope that one day you have to dig long and hard to find what they are reporting -- trash, slant, spin.

Eat it up if you want. I'd like to see the MSM destroyed. Utterly and forever.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Could all be a product of Bushophobes !!!

The ultimate scapegoat of the 21st Century !!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Then ignore it... No one is saying they need to be taken as the fact of the matter.

Please, feel free to convince us that WaPo is anything more than a narrative arm of the Clinton campaign and explain, ESPECIALLY TO THE BERNIE SUPPORTERS, why such a blatantly biased and politically debauched "news" agency should have any right to free access as other news agencies less biased enjoy.

So who gets to draw the line on who is allowed where based on how bias they are?

Just another attack on freedom of press by Trump, but he can do no wrong! He is the Messiah

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I don't lap it up, I generally ignore it. If anything it just gets me started on something I need to look up.

I don't care what happens to the MSM or how they go down.

You should, but hey who needs rights.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I don't blame Trump for blacklisting The Washington Post.

Last month Trump came out and attacked Amazon.com for massive tax evasion and anti-trust issues. Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos, who also owns The Washington Post, promptly started a smear campaign against him.

Amazon 'getting away with murder on tax', says Donald Trump

Trump says Amazon has 'a huge antitrust problem'

Washington Post assigns army of 20 to dig into 'every phase' of Trump's life

The Washington Post is not even a news source, it's a propaganda machine used to protect corporations.

edit on 13-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No one cares that bloggers -- who often do great work that the MSM refuses to do -- are silenced by the MSM. Why should I care about the MSM?

I don't. Eff them. If their reports represent your rights, then you don't know that you forfeited your rights long ago.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The media can't control the narrative with Trump.

Put aside the fact that their job is to report instead of create the news, they just can't control Trump.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

So don't.

Oh and by the way:

"that's 10,000 more posts against Trump"

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Wow, you just single handily proved Trump is right. Yeah....No bias from you.

I can't believe the amount of asinine, disingenuous crying when there's an anti-Trump thread. Is this some sort of mass hysteria?

The Whining Disease?

Have I not been completely forthcoming about the fact that I'm anti-Trump? Is this supposed to be a secret? Help me out here because I'm not understanding what you think you're admonishing me for? Having an opinion? Seriously, what's the deal snowflake? If you can't stomach political threads, maybe the mud pit just isn't your cup of tea?

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I'll do better than that, I'll point you to a thread where I posted not only the relevant quotes, but the video.

Here you go.

Strangely, it looks as though you're getting a dozen stars for your inability to Google. SMH

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Have compassion for TheAnteDiluvian . When your ship is sinking, the fear and shock makes you panic at first...

More and more Hillary groupies are starting to realize what is happening. Panic is just starting to set in. Wait until October!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's my opinion, so I was drawing the line of course.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to make arrangements for Trump's face to appear on a Tortilla tomorrow (on the good, NORTHERN side of the border, of course.)

Praise be Mar a Lago, home of the unerring One.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Responsibophobes

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Well, Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post. Trump called out Jeff Bezos this past year. Jeff and Donald don't like each other, so of course, Trump would blacklist Washington Post media
edit on 13-6-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Maverick1

Trumpophobes.

They are a thing, brother.

And Obamaphobes for the last 8 years haven't?!

If there's one thing that came from having him has POTUS, it is now I have a scapegoat for everything big and small. I think he's responsible for my missing socks...

Of course he is!!

And my spilled milk!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Odd, all I see is your post, where you posted something

by The Press, that is just an article that has no quotes.

*shrugs*

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Openly call them out on their perpetual horsecrap. Prove that the media's hysterics are wrong and the idiots who believe it are... uh... idiots. Make the media heads explode. Demonstrate that the liberal monopoly on the press will either come to an end or they'll simply not be granted access. Openly mock them for being a parody of "free media" who do little more than push liberal agendas and control narratives. Take your pick, bro.

There is no "liberal monopoly" of the press. Fox has something like a 65% market share of cable. The right-wing (often far-right) stranglehold on talk radio is probably more like 90%. I haven't tallied them lately but newspapers are roughly a split in major markets. Websites? I can name off hand 25 or so right/far-right sites that are popular sources right here on ATS and maybe half as many left/far-left sites. So what are we left with? Magazines and network news? ABC/CBS/NBC are nowhere near as biased as any of the others but they do have the largest market in terms of individual viewers but account for far less of the volume of actual media content with only a couple hours of news programming per day.

Whining about "liberal media" is a weak excuse for weak minds with weak arguments. Which is why it's perfect for Trump.

Trump who along with his TEAM of surrogates are in the media 24/7 crying about how "unfair" the media is to him. Trump who sued a newspaper for half a billion dollars because their Pulitzer-winning architecture critic spoke negatively about a proposed building he hadn't even hired an architect to design yet (and was never built). Trump who said that he would "open up libel laws" so that "we can sue for a lot of money" for purposefully negative opinions. Trump who sues comedians for jokes. Trump who corrals the media into pens so that he ridicule them to pump up angry morons and then gives VIP treatment to hosts of white nationalist radio hosts. Trump whose campaign coordinated with the National Enquirer to publish dozens of fake stories about fake scandals as he promoted each of them on Twitter. Twitter where Queen Trump threatened to sue a Twitter user for duping him into retweeting a picture and making him look stupid and a rapper for using the lyric "Take over the world when I’m on my Donald Trump s#" (not because it was unflattering but because he wanted money).

You'll have to excuse me if I don't have the same blind, misplaced, irrational faith.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

edit on 14-6-2016 by kibric because: Malfunction

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join