It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Yet Another Attack on the Free Press, Trump Blacklists WaPo for Telling the Truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Donald Trump, the would be strongman ruler of the United States of America has been running amok all over American media. It's frankly disgusting. Throughout his campaign, he has rarely missed an opportunity to excoriate the media and in his rallies, frothy-mouthed, contemptuous supporters, hopped up on the manipulations of this world class idiot whisperer, have been disgraceful in their treatment of members of the press.

This author of this Vice article describes the scene that typifies the relationships between Trump, his followers and the media:

Why It’s No Surprise a Journalist Got Choked at a Donald Trump Rally

Trump is the only presidential candidate whose rallies feature a specific area in the back where journalists are corralled and not permitted to leave. Other candidates have areas designated for the media, but reporters are free to mingle in the crowd to interview people.

I repeatedly saw members of Trump's communications team stalking the perimeter of his events on the lookout for any reporters with cameras or microphones. At a rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa, one of his aides forced multiple reporters with cameras back to the press pen, then stood behind reporters as they interviewed people.

The reporters covering Trump like to exchange cautionary tales about how his campaign treats press. "Did you hear about so-and-so journalist who got blacklisted?" became a common story I heard from several reporters on the Trump beat. I almost became one of those journalists during his caucus night party in Des Moines, when I was standing by the stage waiting for Trump. One of the Secret Service agents spotted my press pass and we locked eyes: "Get back there or I'm gonna start taking credentials," he boomed in my face. I obeyed and backed up slowly.

An NBC reporter named Katy Tur recently tweeted her experience at a Trump rally that was also familiar: "Trump trashes press. Crowd jeers. Guy by press 'pen' looks at us & screams 'you're a b---h!' Other gentleman gives cameras the double bird."

Not all members of the media are subject to such harsh treatment of course, some like this white nationalist radio host get the red carpet treatment!

It's not news that Donald Trump has a particularly strong beef with the Washington Post. A popular propaganda meme is that the Washington Post has gone to extraordinary means by using some twenty investigators to dig up dirt on Trump (as if digging up dirt on candidates is wrong?) while ignoring Clinton. As it turns out, they've apparently got the same number of investigators looking into Clinton, though that's really beside the point.

Given all this, it's not terribly surprising that when the Washington Post had the gall to report that Donald Trump had made statements insinuating that President Obama was complicit in the Orlando massacre — which he clearly did — Trump took to social media to have a tantrum:

I really have to shake my head at that first comment. What does this person think Donald Trump is going to do to the media if he's elected?

I don't think I need to spell it out for most of you.

Of course, having read the title, you can all guess what was coming next. Trump pulled their press credentials. Now while this is the sort of reaction one might expect of the thinly-orange-skinned cry-bully, Queen Trump, would be strongman ruler — is it really the sort of conduct we should tolerate from a person who wants to lead our great nation?

Donald Trump Blacklists The Washington Post In Latest Assault On The Press

Donald Trump’s campaign revoked The Washington Post’s press credentials on Monday, the latest salvo in an unprecedented assault on the media this election cycle. The presumptive Republican presidential nominee has routinely blasted journalists, pundits, and news organizations to his millions of followers on social media in response to critical coverage and perceived slights. In a Monday Facebook post, Trump said the “phony and dishonest” Post was losing its press credentials due to its “incredibly inaccurate coverage and reporting of the record setting Trump campaign.”

Donald is setting records alright — as the most blatantly anti-freedom of the press major party candidate since John Adams and a Congress majority controlled by his party, passed the Alien and Sedition Acts to lock up the editors of pro-Jefferson newspapers.

+51 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You are obsessed with Trump. It's getting sad to watch.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Wow, you just single handily proved Trump is right. Yeah....No bias from you.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Trumpophobes.

They are a thing, brother.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Can you point me to the exact quote where Donald Trump
said Obama was responsible?

I can't find it. Thanks.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I guess in your eyes Obama and Hillary are transparent and promote free press?

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Yea, absolutely correct, this is one of the tell, tell, signs that have made me completely apprehensive towards giving my support, when he refused to go in front of Megyn Kelly, I was totally put off, because that is not how this works, you don't get to decide; you are trying to become the president of the United States, and I want to see you run around the track for a year, I want to see how you respond under pressure, I want to see your break downs, and I want to gain your trust. These actions are really quite scary, they indicate an underlying narcissism and potential for a totalitarian type leadership to arise, thanks for the thread.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hillary has not had a press conference in 6 months and has been on the records as being a crook since 1978 and her first cattle futures deal,so why cry foul the press doesn't do its job anyway.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
+500,000 votes

This is getting good.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I really have to shake my head at that first comment. What does this person think Donald Trump is going to do to the media if he's elected?

Openly call them out on their perpetual horsecrap. Prove that the media's hysterics are wrong and the idiots who believe it are... uh... idiots. Make the media heads explode. Demonstrate that the liberal monopoly on the press will either come to an end or they'll simply not be granted access. Openly mock them for being a parody of "free media" who do little more than push liberal agendas and control narratives.

Take your pick, bro.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Can you point me to the exact quote where Donald Trump
said Obama was responsible?

I can't find it. Thanks.

Hint:

The quote ain't anywhere to be found.

The Left Wing MSM is dreaming things up again.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Megyn Kelly is a journalist?

The way these so called journalist act I can't blame him for treating them the way he does.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Oh Look !!

Obama vs. Fox News -- behind the White House strategy to delegitimize a news organization

A dose of one's own medicine

and...
Why Declaring War on Fox News Could Be a Mistake for Obama

edit on Jun-13-2016 by xuenchen because: brownshirts are left wing

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And their freedom to lie to the American people is at jeopardy because... REASONS!

Apparently freedom of the press is most threatened by the truth, if said truth goes against the narrative.

Sick freaking country we're experiencing here.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Is it only because the threads aren't pro? Sorry we have Trump threads every freaking day talking about how great he is, we should have some differing opinion.

This guy wants to open up libel laws to go after people and then ban them from rallies? Ya he is totally a champion of free speech.
edit on thMon, 13 Jun 2016 22:22:53 -0500America/Chicago620165380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Hint:

The quote ain't anywhere to be found.

The Left Wing MSM is dreaming things up again.

They link back to something they wrote, about something
they wrote, which they wrote about something they heard
but it sounded scary.

The game of Telephone.

Only they get away with it because they are "The Press".

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

There is no free press.

Bloggers are free and many do great investigative citizen-journalism. But people poo-poo them because they aren't 'professional.'

The less MSM there is, the better in my opinion.

I am no Trump fan, but I have experienced the failures of the MSM, firsthand -- and I have been left helpless by them. I hope all of the MSM goes straight to heII. The WaPo is a tool...an arm of politics, therefore I couldn't give less of a crap about them.

edit on 13-6-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1

originally posted by: Domo1

Trumpophobes.

They are a thing, brother.

And Obamaphobes for the last 8 years haven't?!

If there's one thing that came from having him has POTUS, it is now I have a scapegoat for everything big and small. I think he's responsible for my missing socks...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

So instead of asking the person to use critical thinking we should just ban them and not let them report? It is up you to decide if you want belive the info presented but not allowing it to be presented at all if you don't agree with it isn't the answer.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sick freaking country we're experiencing here.

Yup and if one wants proof just look how long it took the media to report on the Orlando shooting.

If a white cop shot a black man the media would have been there yesterday but gay night club, crickets why? Did someone tell them to hold back til the propaganda makers develop a covers story either way the media is as corrupt as one can get.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join