It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton: Those Under FBI Scrutiny ‘Shouldn’t Be Able to Just Go Buy a Gun’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: AlaskanDad

How can anyone support this moron?

Not sure which of the two morons you are referring to

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE!!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well, here it comes. This thread will be a disaster in a little while, so let me interject a few facts before the rhetoric begins:

The right to keep and bear arms is not a law. It is above the law. It is in the United States Constitution. The Constitution is the document that gives the Federal Government its right to govern and make laws. Laws restrict the actions of citizenx; the Constitution restricts the actions of government. It is illegal for any governmental body in the US to make any law, ordinance, policy, restriction, whatever that in any way restricts a citizen's right to own and carry a firearm.

It has been done, what with 'assault weapon' bans, background checks, permits, etc., but those laws are, if one follows the wording of the Constitution, an illegal overreach of governmental authority.

The only legal way to allow these existing restrictions and to add new ones is to amend the Constitution. Until that is done, no opinion matters. Guns are legal in the US by virtue of the same document that is used to place illegal restrictions on them.

--------------------

The Constitution does not say guns are necessary for hunting. Quite the opposite, it says they are necessary for a militia, which in period language was an impromptu band of citizens actively protecting themselves and others.

---------------------

There is no such thing as an 'assault rifle.' Rifles fire one bullet each time the trigger is pulled. Semi-automatic rifles self-load each time as well. This goes for an ancient Browning hunting rifle or an AR-15. They operate the same, with similar accuracy and range, but they look different. Never in the history of mankind has a single individual been killed or wounded by the way a weapon looks.

--------------------

No weapon has ever fired into a crowd of people without being held by a person. No machine, no tool, is in itself evil. People who are evil can abuse almost any tool: a gun, a knife, a hammer, scissors, a car, ad infinitum.

-------------------

Now that that's off my chest, please, proceed with the ignorance that is sure to come.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

If the guy wasn't convicted of a felony then he had right to buy a gun.

We should be looking at why he wasn't convicted of a crime Maybe it was a fail with the FBI not doing their job. Maybe they wanted to arrest him but didn't have enough evidence.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Good post thanks for the info much appreciated.

Also Clinton is still a moron.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

But the terrorist wasn't under investigation; he WAS investigated and the FBI couldn't find any evidence to charge him. So is she advocating taking away rights for anyone who has ever been investigated?

That said, she is CURRENTLY under investigation and it seems there is a ton of evidence to charge her. Now, considering that she wants to be commander in chief of the armed forces which, technically is an assault weapon, didn't she just argue herself out of the job?

Yeah, I do love lawyers who advocate against due process! Geez

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

If the guy wasn't convicted of a felony then he had right to buy a gun.

We should be looking at why he wasn't convicted of a crime Maybe it was a fail with the FBI not doing their job. Maybe they wanted to arrest him but didn't have enough evidence.

Maybe they were told to stand down or allowing him to continue to do what he wants to try and collect more data?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
So do you disagree with her statement or are you just highlighting her hypocrisy?

The statement when taken by itself makes alot of sense

Legally it doesn't make any sense and just the out loud thought of it could only come from someone very dumb or corrupt. Cant suspend a right just willy nilly like that or they could do it to anyone .......which is probably what she was thinking of. This is why folks have to retain an attorney when accused otherwise they could get screwed.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I had to go and make sure you weren't posting an onion article.

Hillary stating such has to be the ultimate irony of the year.

(maybe I shouldn't have said that...)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Let me put it this way...

Do you personally know someone who is a member of an OMG, a mafia group or has ever been involved in organized crime?

If so you've been checked out you can put your money on it.

Being checked out is completely different to what Hillary is going through, you realise that yes?

You called Trump a moron above..

Tell me, what exactly is it about his statement that you consider moronic?

Do you believe its ok for Saudi to be funding the Clinton Foundation?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
So do you disagree with her statement or are you just highlighting her hypocrisy?

The statement when taken by itself makes alot of sense

Sympathy with that, it should be first base. As to whether they should be able to actually acquire a weapon illegally, (which is not the case here) is neither here nor there.
Any suspicion, should have grounds to moderate behaviour in any particular area, regardless of any constitution that could be deemed ambiguous, hence the House Judiciary Committee. They would be the boyos to oversee what the FBI for instance can and cannot do. So if the FBI did not do any remit to that committee on suspicions about this ultimately terrorist killer, then they are as much to blame for what happened. I am calling out the FBI here, for starters.
edit on 13-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Sorry The Redneck's argument still stands.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

Hillary Clinton: Those Under FBI Scrutiny ‘Shouldn’t Be Able to Just Go Buy a Gun’

Nor should those under FBI investigation be allowed to run for president!

You are so right! To make a statement like that, she's also failing mentally, in addition to physically. A mean-spirited, sick President is what America wants???

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

edit on 13-6-2016 by Liquesence because: Nvrmnd. Can't debate people who jump back and forth on an issue during a debate. Can't argue with people who want it both ways or even answer a single damned straight forward question without deflection.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

How the hell would someone under investigation know they are under investigation?

I would just like to point out how illogical this is.

Also, I would just like to say that some of you have probably been under investigation and didn't know it because of close contacts you may have with someone who may have done something or been involved in something stupid. Think about it... Think about how many millions and millions of people this would affect.
edit on 6/13/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Well with this stupid statement coming from someone under fbi investigation and trumps comments about her today the hillarybots will be getting paid overtime.

So she doesnt feel like she should be allowed to go buy a gun but she feels that she sould be allowed to run for president.

Wow , i hope her supporters ask for a bonus or raise for having to defend such bs.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

How the hell would someone under investigation know they are under investigation?

Your response to "Should a person under investigation be able to LEGALLY purchase or posses a firearm" is "How would they know they are under investigation"? Seriously, that's your answer? THAT is illogical, and it has NOTHING to do with the question I asked.

It doesn't matter if they know they are under investigation or not.

You didn't answer the question, which was a simple yes or not. You can't even answer that but deflect.

Jesus Christ.
edit on 13-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Guess Hillary won't be Packin' Heat for a while now .

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They investigated dude before, more than once, right?

Or they were just checking on his 'progress', whatever.

`
The FBI held this POS under scrutiny twice . For months. And from what I read , the FBI was told to "stand down" twice.Hmm. Who wields that type of power that could back off the FBI on a matter of National Security ?

edit on 6/13/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Also, I would just like to say that some of you have probably been under investigation and didn't know it because of close contacts you may have with someone who may have done something or been involved in something stupid. Think about it... Think about how many millions and millions of people this would affect.

Q: What has that to do with ANYTHING I said?
A: Not a single thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join