It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Active shooter with hostages at Albuquerque City Hall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
Well #. If i didn't already have plans i would drive down there and take a look. Butsadly i got # to do. Dammit. Something finally #ing happens in my town and i can't be there to witness it. I hate this city.

Careful what you wish for man ive been in a few hairy situations in my life living in bad neighborhoods and its not as exciting as you think.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Watching the situation, the guy who was brought out was very calm and not fighting his restraints like a perp usually does. Not sure if he is involved or not but Albuquerque PD, Bernalillo County Sheriffs Office and APD SWAT and BCSO SWAT. They're still unsure if it was a prank or a real situation, one person brought out was thought to be involved but wasn't but they are unwilling to say much more just yet.
edit on 6/13/2016 by Jekka because: corrected name

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jekka

Thanks for the update. I'm watching the thread for further news and keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the best outcome... even a prank would be "good news".

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Exactly how many “illegals” have they picked up in this building?

Why block the phone network and then have to go through the entire building letting everybody go? If there might possibly be any kind of threat then would it not be best to allow people to be able to contact the police? What if somebody has a medical condition or by chance develops one? What in the event of a fire?

“We’ve been set up”
“10-4”

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

You mean for Obama to declare martial law in light of the uptick in gun violence...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I guess this is turning out to be nothing as of yet. That is good but when I first saw it I had to post because of recent events. Stay safe!

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Rahm Emanuel laid it all out before Obama even took office. Search for it on youtube (I can't remember how to post it). He basically just said the plan was to make it so that anyone on the terror watchlist couldn't buy a gun. Which would be (I believe) the main reason they created the watchlist in the first place. Not specifically for guns but as a catchall excuse to deprive anyone of their rights without any real due process. To make it easy to get that pesky Constitution out of the way. Just create a list of excuses why people can have their rights cancelled and then put anyone you don't like on the watchlist and you're done. Then you can just start adding things to the list. Things that will cause people to be placed on the list.

So you see. It is about guns but it isn't just about guns. It certainly will be effective against terrorism. And obviously that is why it's the perfect trojan horse. Because it IS what it appears to be but it's far more than just what it appears to be.

For example. Let's say they create a widespread panic about people who see conspiracies everywhere. They fabricate a few news stories about such people who turned out to be dangerous and that creates an excuse to start putting such people on a list. Now of course this does sound a bit far-fetched but whatever. You know you can't really put it past them. If they have an agenda and they're worried that conspiracy theorists might ruin it or slow it down or cause some undesirable friction, they certainly wouldn't have too many moral qualms with making life unpleasant for such people.

So next thing you know, you're on a watchlist that you don't even know about because you made a goofy post 5 years ago and someone reported your thoughtcrime. What does that mean? Well, it probably means you're blacklisted for life and you might not even know it for years. Because hey. Not everyone even wants to buy a gun. I don't. If that was the law, I'd never know it because I have no plans to ever buy a gun.

But what if they said something more along the lines of "If you're on this list, you need psychiatric help and we'll decide what circumstances and conditions will get you put on our little list"?

Hmmm. That gets a little more disconcerting, doesn't it? But I'm sure they mean well. And couldn't everyone use a little reeducation?

So anyway. Yeah. If someone had told me 25 years ago things were gonna get this crazy by 2016 in this country, I'd have laughed them out of existence. It doesn't sound so implausible anymore, does it?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

City Hall is not known for its gay club night life.

Dang.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Albuquerque is in N.M.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I really don't think anything has changed but the ability of the media to instantaneously transmit news of these types of events over great distances.

The same old crap has been going on forever...

Since the very beginning of time...

Give it a break...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Rahm Emanuel laid it all ... Just create a list of excuses why people can have their rights cancelled and then put anyone you don't like on the watchlist and you're done.

Well, the U.S. Constitution is a bit of an inconvenience, when you think about it. Gee, those founding Fathers messed up when they tried to limit the powers of government. The whole reason for people to run for office is to get that power in the first place. So, once there, sitting in office, the next thing is to solve the problem of how to get around those limits put on them by the clueless founding Fathers. It's no fun to sit in the Kings chair, with your hands handcuffed to the armrests. It's logical, therefore to expect that over time the Constitution would be eroded, by the constant attack on the principle of governing limits, as each new President takes office and finds he has to deal with the same inconvenient truth.

What they need to do, is to strike all laws from the books, every 7 years, and begin again with the raw Constitution. Otherwise the accumulation of exceptions and workarounds will eventually make the Constitution null and void.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join