It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a break, please.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ketsuko

We need to do something. but I don't want to shoot first and aim second.

So I'm just asking if we could make sure we're all aiming at the same target.

The world needs to set aside political agendas and annihilate the scourge known as isis and fanatically chase them to the ends of the earth and destroy them.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: DBCowboy

We need leaders who are level headed enough to act quickly and without emotion.

People who can set aside their emotions and respond in an effective manner that both sets political tensions and feeling of security at ease not morons who incite racial violence and use events as opportunities to go after political gun grabs.

I agree everyone needs to relax but we also need to have leaders who can think decisively and speak to the public in a way that puts these tensions at ease and not makes them worse.

I have seen enough of your posts to know that you seriously dislike Obama, and think Trump walks on water. What would Trump do to bring the country together, he has done nothing but divide it so far.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This all may seem like chaos, but the way I see it is it brings out the reality of the world and the people that inhabit it. As long as there is more than one human on earth there will never be world peace. Just how it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, we haven't all forgotten, but those who would react rationally are branded as haters by those who do not want to hear difficult truths. The truth is something that offends.

Both sides are branded as haters when the other side doesn't agree 100%, this only leads to the wider divide. You and I do not often see eye to eye, but in my mind, you are not a hater.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

There was a shooting in an Amish school house back when, the perp killed some kids and then himself. The Amish closed ranks, refused to talk to the media, demolished the school house and forgave the killer, giving the proceeds from a fund to the family of the killer.

We probably don't remember that one, it got handled right.

Instead of pouring gasoline on the fire…

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ketsuko

We need to do something. but I don't want to shoot first and aim second.

So I'm just asking if we could make sure we're all aiming at the same target.

It's like any problem: the first step is admitting you even have it to begin with. Right now, our national leadership is far more comfortable discussing this as simply a matter of gun control or gay bigotry, so that's all we will here them talk about. The ideology of the shooter will mostly be ignored.

Now, you can still call such an incident terrorism and leave out the very real elephant of the ideology of the shooter because you could make the argument that anyone with enough anti-gay sentiment could conceivably perpetrate a mass shooting as such terroristic attack without being connected to any specific ideology for vague reasons.

They'll be happy to let us go on talking about all the anti-gay bigotry in society from all sources in relation to this shooting just like they'll completely ignore that as a security contractor, any gun laws would more than likely NOT have prevented him from having a weapon, too.

And they can let the radical Islam thing slide ...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The Amish are a totally different breed of human.

You can sense it in heavily populated Amish town, they have an aura to them even though they have their own set of problems.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Here's an idea,
There's no scientific branch where the same experiment would be conducted with the same methods which arent yielding results.

We need to be level headed, we need different tactics. After all this time we cant use the same strategies to attempt to take down an enemy.

Enters trump: a seemingly maniac character... maybe there is a method to his madness.

I agree we need to breathe and take a pragmatic approach; however, well, in 2016 look at where we still are. Were still trying to learn to deal with our enemies.
No...
I'm all for rationale, but when will this rationale going to begin to manifest into results. Im still waiting, innocents still dying.
edit on 13-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You can sense it in heavily populated Amish town, they have an aura to them even though they have their own set of problems.

I saw it as less an 'Amish thing' and more a mature way to handle the crisis, What an example, God forbid.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

We've probably been waiting for decades.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is the USA, we have had a terrorist act committed against a marginalized portion of our population. I will call out radical islam as the driver for this event. I will also call out out the Christian fundamentalists who are celebrating this act on youtube and other places. While I do believe that not all muslims or christian are extremists, this looks bad to those of us who have stepped away from religion in general.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I have spent a lot of time in several different amish towns in different states, not sure how you define breeds of humans?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be nice if cooler minds could prevail but even on this very thread you can feel the hate;
The cry for revenge.

America is a dangerous place for anyone that even looks mideastern now. Innocents will be beaten and killed, encouraged by the politics of hate and division that has Taken over the American political landscape.

God help us....

edit on 13-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I agree, but unfortunately the politicians seek to make any incident a political standpoint. They want to prey on the emotions of the people who may vote for them by saying what they need to in order to gain support. Had this not happened close to an election year, there would have been massive outpouring of support, maybe a few jabs here and there at the left or the right, and then it would have been over. We would have time to heal. I wish there was a way to make the government see us as people but they only see us as votes.

RIP to all the humans who were lost or lost someone dear. I cannot imagine the pain of having a loved one torn from you without notice. May they find whatever afterlife they look for.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

"Will be" ... are you wanting to move this to predictions?

So what is the answer then? The ideology that touched this off comes from Middle Eastern brands of Islam.

We talk about culture wars and everyone makes snide comments about the "War on Christmas" but this is really what is going on, and it's deadly serious. Forty-nine innocent people died for it in Florida because they weren't aware they were targets of it, and they did not understand that their nation's leaders whose main job is to keep the nation's borders secure have fundamentally failed all of us on that score and that does include those of Middle Eastern descent and those who practice non-radical Islam who live inside this country.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Well said.

Not sure what else there is to say, really... Now it's up to people to listen.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It is.

It's up to us to help them be safe then, isn't it? To make sure that the folks who blame the whole for the actions of a few can't act on their hate.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Wouldn't it be nice if cooler minds could prevail but even on this very thread you can feel the hate;
The cry for revenge.

America is a dangerous place for anyone that even looks mideastern now. Innocents will be beaten and killed, encouraged by the politics of hate and division that has Taken over the American political landscape.

God help us....

I spent some time with the owner of my local convenience store tonight, he is originally from Pakistan, and has a wife and a young daughter. His comment to me, that broke my heart, I am now the evil brown man now.

Yes he is muslim and yes he is a citizen of the USA, as are his wife and daughter.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

S&F! Well said and I couldn't agree more.

Everyone, slow down.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

"Will be" ... are you wanting to move this to predictions?

So what is the answer then? The ideology that touched this off comes from Middle Eastern brands of Islam.

We talk about culture wars and everyone makes snide comments about the "War on Christmas" but this is really what is going on, and it's deadly serious. Forty-nine innocent people died for it in Florida because they weren't aware they were targets of it, and they did not understand that their nation's leaders whose main job is to keep the nation's borders secure have fundamentally failed all of us on that score and that does include those of Middle Eastern descent and those who practice non-radical Islam who live inside this country.

The shooter was a natural born American citizen, how does the government protect us from our own, without infringing on our rights?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join