It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a break, please.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I live on the west coast, about as far from Orlando as you can get and still be in the same country. I didn't know anyone in the club. No members of my family or in my circle of friends was directly affected by the horrible events that took place late Saturday night by a deranged coward who wanted to hurt people.

But it still shook me up. It bothered me. It upset me. my wife watched and cried. Fellow Americans, brothers and sisters of our great nation were shot down by a crazed gunman. And before anyone asks, the violence that occurs daily in parts of our country also bother me too.

But I want to take a moment and discuss this horrible tragedy.

We are all emotional. The emotions range, but every one of us is affected by this in some way.

And that is the worse time to make decisions that could affect our country forever. We cannot, should not make decisions, support decisions that would affect our nation forever.

Be it Trump, Obama, Hillary, a congressman, your pastor.

Give it time.

Lets heal a bit before we nuke a country, ban a firearm, ban a religion, hate on a religion.

Lets make a decision with all our faculties intact. Lets be cold, hard and sure of ourselves.

Lets grieve. Lets cry. Lets rage.

Then calmly make decisions that will affect us forever.

Just my opinion folks, take it for what it's worth.
edit on 13-6-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Give it time.

Lets heal a bit before we nuke a country, ban a firearm, ban a religion, hate on a religion.

Lets make a decision with all our faculties intact. Lets be cold, hard and sure of ourselves.

As much as i agree, but in this climate, with an election looming, this is not going to happen.

What did that guy say? never let a tragedy go to waste'

All sides are going to pounce. They already have. Unfortunately, the truth.
edit on 13-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Aye, you got a point there.

Something we could all do with considering (especially me, I know).

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This first time this happened. We reacted as a country, together. Every time this happens now, instead of looking at the real cause, we spend time pointing fingers at each other. This is time is the worst.

I don't even recognize my supposed countrymen.

I want to feel bad, but I feel like the enemy. Help me out here.

Everyone says, "Don't let them affect us ..."

But you know what? It's too late. They already have.
edit on 13-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

We need leaders who are level headed enough to act quickly and without emotion.

People who can set aside their emotions and respond in an effective manner that both sets political tensions and feeling of security at ease not morons who incite racial violence and use events as opportunities to go after political gun grabs.

I agree everyone needs to relax but we also need to have leaders who can think decisively and speak to the public in a way that puts these tensions at ease and not makes them worse.

edit on 6/13/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Because we've been at this for 15 years and we haven't achieved much. Be it Paris, Brussels, Orlando, San Bernadino, Iraq.

We've backed ourselves into such an ideological corner that we are at odds with ourselves over how to continue.

We're always acting, reacting on an emotional level. We seldom use rational thought, logical thought to what the actual problem really is.

We're so used to reacting emotionally, that we've forgotten how to act rationally.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Everyone says, "Don't let them affect us ..."

But you know what? It's too late. They already have.

So we need to do something else.

We need to change our strategy.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

We'll never get that. I have no faith in our political leaders.

Sometimes, we need to be the grown-ups in the room.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

No, we haven't all forgotten, but those who would react rationally are branded as haters by those who do not want to hear difficult truths. The truth is something that offends.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Aye, you got a point there.

Something we could all do with considering (especially me, I know).

it's alright, brother.

We all feel it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, we haven't all forgotten, but those who would react rationally are branded as haters by those who do not want to hear difficult truths. The truth is something that offends.

Changing the ugly truth to a beautiful lie benefits no one.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I know it may be a lost cause, but I'm always going to side with the underdog and the outlaw.

It's just in my nature.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Good rant mate. There needs to be both a collective as well as an individual grievance-cycle to go through - denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance......and I say grievance because it's important we properly remember and honor the deceased and separate that from the other thoughts raging in our minds for retribution and blame and political rhetoric.

I've only made a few posts since the event, it's all a bit sad at the moment and I am not interested in debating the nuances of politicians, the 2nd amendment or anything that deflects from the reality that 49 innocents were murdered and many families deeply effected forever.

There is a time and place for everything and although I believe in striking whilst the iron is hot, in this instance the facts speak for themselves and it's time for my ego to absorb this reality that's transpired.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No it doesn't, but I've written about what this is over and over.

There is an ideology that is at war with us, and by "us" I mean Western Civilization. That ought to concern everyone because good ol' Western Civ. is what laid the foundation for all this back-biting and navel gazing we seem to be addicted to, but if we can't get our act together and pull our heads out of our collective you-know-whats to recognize that it won't matter what we all do or say to appease this ideology, they WILL come and kill us all if they can ... or force us to be exactly like them.

Personally, I don't want to spend my twilight years in a burka.

And we need to stop accepting the pleas of "Don't Hate Us!" Actions speak louder than words, if they want to be counted as on our side in this, they need to start routing out the ideology I am talking about, otherwise, we can't tell who is whom.
edit on 13-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

From someone I highly admire, thank you.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We need to do something. but I don't want to shoot first and aim second.

So I'm just asking if we could make sure we're all aiming at the same target.

link   
double post
edit on 13-6-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: onequestion

We'll never get that. I have no faith in our political leaders.

Sometimes, we need to be the grown-ups in the room.

Prepare for war my friend it's coming.

I stay ready for war at all times. The world is getting crazier.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yah, try not to overreact. Thats what the powers that be want, though. They sneak things past your reason when you are fraught with emotion.

The clock is ticking till the next copycat, too.

For shame main stream media, for shame.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I live on the west coast, about as far from Orlando as you can get and still be in the same country. I didn't know anyone in the club. No members of my family or in my circle of friends was directly affected by the horrible events that took place late Saturday night by a deranged coward who wanted to hurt people.

But it still shook me up. It bothered me. It upset me. my wife watched and cried. Fellow Americans, brothers and sisters of our great nation were shot down by a crazed gunman. And before anyone asks, the violence that occurs daily in parts of our country also bother me too.

But I want to take a moment and discuss this horrible tragedy.

We are all emotional. The emotions range, but every one of us is affected by this in some way.

And that is the worse time to make decisions that could affect our country forever. We cannot, should not make decisions, support decisions that would affect our nation forever.

Be it Trump, Obama, Hillary, a congressman, your pastor.

Give it time.

Lets grieve. Lets cry. Lets rage.

Then calmly make decisions that will affect us forever.

Just my opinion folks, take it for what it's worth.

^^ This right here, and what the extremists on each side seem to forget. This is the life that 70% of us live. Great post DBC.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join