It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness claims that Orlando shooter was a regular at gay night club.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I agree, but then again isn't Ok for them to engage in certain type of behavior before death? Specially when the death, in their interpretation of honor.

edit on 13-6-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

This is a planted story to set-up the meme that the guy wasn't a "real" Muslim.

Do you have a working definition for "real Muslim"?

Care to share?

Muslims are forbidden to drink alcohol.

One of these "witnesses" said the guy was drinking.

It's a planted story.

Just like some of the 9/11 hijackers were in bars and stripclubs in the days leading up to the attacks. I guess they want to experience real life before going to their 72 virgins.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I wonder if they have security footage in the club. If so, it shouldn't be too difficult to confirm this claim. If he was there, it could have been to become familiar with the place, if he planned well ahead of time, or because he was homosexual himself. Either seems possible. If he was, that might explain the reaction of CAIR, and their willingness to condemn him, when that isn't their habit.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Care to share?

It's a planted story.

And how many Christians, Jews, or anyone of any other faith do things their religion forbids?

If everyone that was religious was held to your definition of what makes a "real Muslim" -- no one would be a real Hindu, Christian, Sikh, Mormon or Scientologist.

No person of faith follows the tenets of their faith to perfection.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Recon seems the most likely. If the "regulars" got used to seeing him there, it would be easier to go in (not attracting attention) and then do what he intended. (shooting as many as possible).

What he didn`t expect was the encounter with the security guard... probably messed up his plan.

Just my take on the mess.

My Little brother was a detective, and this was the kind of thing they talked about as a worst case scenario.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
yeah I don't know if I trust these accounts..
the only reason Id say he wet there was to scout the location but.. multiple times?

sounds planted!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Chris Hayes of MSNBC is supposedly going to interview two guys that said the shooter approached them on grindr.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Now there are claims that he was using a dating app for gay folks to talk to a Pulse regular.

LA Times - Orlando gunman had used gay dating app and visited LGBT nightclub on other occasions, witnesses say

The gunman who attacked a Florida LGBT nightclub had attended the club before the attack and had used a gay dating and chat app, witnesses said. Kevin West, a regular at Pulse nightclub, said Omar Mateen messaged him on and off for a year before the shooting using the gay chat and dating app Jack’d. But they never met – until early Sunday morning. West was dropping off a friend at the club when he noticed Mateen – whom he knew by sight but not by name – crossing the street wearing a dark cap and carrying a black cellphone about 1 a.m., an hour before the shooting.

edit on 2016-6-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Good deflection.

Love it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

If it weren't for the fact that an individual for a group hated more by the average "conservative" was responsible, how much concern would their be really?

Let me be the first to say it on ATS (afaik):

There's a whole lot of fake grief, empathy and compassion coming from a lot of people who two weeks ago would have been mocking people as "SJWs" for seeing a problem with gay people being denied equal access to public accommodations.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Omar's father seems deeply involved somehow to me esp. now with what these four witnesses claim. If he was in a gay bar sizing it up to eventually carry out his terror plot, why have a conversation about his father or his wife and kids? Then there is the aspect of him being a regular at this bar, at least twelve times, and that was a long drive for him, it seems really unlikely he was just casing the joint. He didn't socialize much, just got drunk, sat back and watched apparently. He did talk to some patrons and was a loud belligerent drunk a few times at least.

I'm starting to get the idea he must have been a repressed homosexual who was dominated by his father's strong personality and extreme religious beliefs. He was drawn to the lifestyle and wanted to come out and participate, but he would end up dishonoring his family. So he puts the blame on the whole scene and the people who live that lifestyle for tempting him to become a part of it. His choice became either come out as gay and dishonor his family (and probably be killed for it) or die a martyr and make his daddy proud. That's how the story is starting to shape up for me.

ETA: I just read that post by theantediluvian about his gay chatting with people at the bar, right there is more evidence that he was secretly gay or at least gay-curious.
edit on 13-6-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added exta comments

edit on 13-6-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Care to share?

It's a planted story.

Is it a planted story like those who edit Wikipedia articles and immediately the edited quote appears in an ATS discussion? A leaf from the Alinsky playbook perhaps?

Christians aren't supposed to mix linens, eat shellfish, or get divorced either.

I know some people who call themselves Muslim who may have a drink, and even eat pork, so the question still stands.

What's a real Muslim?
edit on 13-6-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
You don't say...?

And www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still he could have been scoping it out so we need wait for a full investigation before drawing conclusions. Though his ex-wife did tell a media outlet that he confided in her that he liked clubs and nightlife.

I wonder will the religion haters and Muslim haters retract their rants if this angle turns out to be a thing?

While we continue to ignore at least 11 muslim nations that routinely execute homosexuals, while we ignore that imams are saying that it is the compassionate thing to kill a homosexual, while we ignore the fact that islam is a very homophobic religion?

I'll stick to my guns, pun intended...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: gladtobehere

This does makes sense. Usually those who hate the gay community are themselves gay.

So by that logic, the 'muslim haters' are muslims themselves?

Killing the one to whom it is done is better for him than committing this act with him, because if a man commits sodomy with another man, in effect he kills him in such a way that there is no hope of life after that, unlike murder where the victim is wronged and is a martyr.

I don't think they're too gay. Just universal in their belief that murdering gay people is the best punishment.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: MystikMushroom

LMAO! Yeah, I'd like to hear it.

It must be noted that a true Muslim is one who not only believes in Islam but actually practices it in his life. So not only should Muslims submit to the one God and believe in the prophets but they should also act according to Islam's social teachings like respecting other people's rights in society and it's teachings that relate to one's personal life like fasting and praying

Homosexuality is seen by scholars to be a sinful and perverted deviation from the norm. All Islamic schools of thought and jurisprudence consider gay acts to be unlawful.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Reportedly, by CNN and other sites, he was a member of several gay sites, and had aps for them

An Orlando man told MSNBC's Chris Hayes on Monday that he had seen photos of Mateen on the gay dating apps Grindr, Adam4Adam, and Jack'd over the last several years. At least two of the man's friends had been contacted by Mateen on the apps.

"He was very creepy in his messages, and I blocked him immediately," the man said.

Kevin West, another regular at Pulse nightclub, told the Los Angeles Times that he chatted with Mateen on and off for a year on the gay dating app Jack'd, but had never met him in person. Incredibly, West said he met him for the first time as he was dropping a friend off at Pulse on Saturday night.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Care to share?

It's a planted story.

And how many Christians, Jews, or anyone of any other faith do things their religion forbids?

If everyone that was religious was held to your definition of what makes a "real Muslim" -- no one would be a real Hindu, Christian, Sikh, Mormon or Scientologist.

No person of faith follows the tenets of their faith to perfection.

Perhaps the sort who will murder 49 people and would over 50 more, just might be.

But I have known a muslim who did drink alcohol. However, she has no intention of murdering dozens of people.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

There's a whole lot of fake grief, empathy and compassion coming from a lot of people

Just who the # do you think you are?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I'm starting to get the idea he must have been a repressed homosexual who was dominated by his father's strong personality and extreme religious beliefs. He was drawn to the lifestyle and wanted to come out and participate, but he would end up dishonoring his family. So he puts the blame on the whole scene and the people who live that lifestyle for tempting him to become a part of it. His choice became either come out as gay and dishonor his family (and probably be killed for it) or die a martyr and make his daddy proud. That's how the story is starting to shape up for me.

I agree.

It's looking that way to me as well. There is nothing worst for a human to go through life and have to repress their sexual desire.

Most people don't know how painful it is to not be who you really are. I am by no means supporting what he did.

The man's family would have murdered him had he came out as who he really was.

I agree with you this man could no longer suppress his homosexual desire and decided to end his life and kill as many Gays as he could so Daddy could be proud of his poor son.

My understanding is the FBI was keeping an eye on this man, I am wondering if they knew he was going to do this and allowed this to happen for political agenda, like passing more laws against gun owners.

Who do I blame for this man action, is his family, (mainly his Father) and their backward religion.

Religion should be about love and helping your neighbors in times of need. Why would a loving G-d want to murder his own creation, homosexuals?

Question: what is the most powerful energy in the world? LOVE! Thanks for posting, I believe you nailed it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
He saw 2 men kissing.

Wonder if he knew them.

Could there be a jealousy aspect too?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join