It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness claims that Orlando shooter was a regular at gay night club.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Gunman Omar Mateen visited gay nightclub a dozen times before shooting, witness says.

FORT PIERCE – At least four regular customers at the gay Orlando nightclub where a gunman killed 49 people Sunday morning said today that they believe they had seen the killer, Omar Mateen, there before.

"Sometimes he would go over in the corner and sit and drink by himself, and other times he would get so drunk he was loud and belligerent," said Ty Smith, who also uses the name Aries.

He saw Mateen at the club at least a dozen times, he told the Orlando Sentinel. "We didn't really talk to him a lot, but I remember him saying things about his dad at times," Smith said. "He told us he had a wife and child."

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said he had no information about those visits.

Curiously, the article devotes only two paragraphs to the actual topic. Wonder if there will be any other witnesses to corroborate this.

This story is getting more and more strange by the minute.

And as ATS members we have to wonder is all of this legit or are these some kind of cover stories with the intention of leading people away from the truth.

Wonder what we're going to be told next...

edit on 13-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Interestingly there was This Thread yesterday by ipsedixit questioning whether the guy was a crypto gay ?

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 13-6-2016 by myselfaswell because: spacing

edit on 13-6-2016 by myselfaswell because: bloody spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I don't find it that surprising. From the beginning, I was wondering if maybe he was tortured by an inability to comes to terms with something about himself. The statements he gave of support of conflicting terrorist groups seems to suggest that he may not have been truly "radicalized."

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is a planted story to set-up the meme that the guy wasn't a "real" Muslim.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well isn't that they way to go when terrorist wants to target a place, they do scout work to make sure how to do the most damage before getting caught or kill, after all most terrorist do not want to be caught they are ready to die for what they do.

I think he was getting familiar and comfortable with his surroundings before doing to the mass shooting.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You don't say...?

And www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still he could have been scoping it out so we need wait for a full investigation before drawing conclusions. Though his ex-wife did tell a media outlet that he confided in her that he liked clubs and nightlife.

I wonder will the religion haters and Muslim haters retract their rants if this angle turns out to be a thing?
edit on 6/13/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't find it that surprising. From the beginning, I was wondering if maybe he was tortured by an inability to comes to terms with something about himself. The statements he gave of support of conflicting terrorist groups seems to suggest that he may not have been truly "radicalized."

A lot more reasonable and a lot less fantastic explanation. But, we can't let this "situation" devolve into being about the gays, can we?

Anything that does not serve the beating of the battle-drums to abandon our Constitution and wage a holy war cannot be considered.

(What enrages a man to kill so many so up close and personal? Something that cuts at his very image of himself.)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

This does makes sense. Usually those who hate the gay community are themselves gay.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
One of the stories said that he was outraged that this was happening in front of his wife and child while passing by one day. Maybe one of the regulars recognized him as they were walking by and asked him if he was coming to the club, in front of his wife and kid, and he got Uber humiliated. This is just speculation on my part but nonetheless possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

He was young, born in the US and had been "exposed" to Americas youth way of life, night life is part of been young and having fun, still doesn't take away the fact that he committed an act of terrorism.

This new generation of terrorist will be the death of this nation, because they are just like any other American born, live like an American, act like an American and then wait for the call of duty.

edit on 13-6-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: kosmicjack

He was young, born in the US and had been "exposed" top Americas youth way of life, night life is part of been young and having fun, still doesn't take away the fact that he committed an act of terrorism.

This new generation of terrorist will be the death of this nation, because they are just like any other American born, live like an American, act like an American and then way for the call of duty.

How do you tell the difference?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Do you have a working definition for "real Muslim"?

Care to share?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

LMAO! Yeah, I'd like to hear it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Is no longer any way to see the difference, only when the person turns against those that they are targeting while expressing their radicalized religious agendas and alliances.

Most people that live around this new group of terrorist can not really tell if these young people are radicalized or not, until is too late.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

He saw Mateen at the club at least a dozen times, he told the Orlando Sentinel. "We didn't really talk to him a lot, but I remember him saying things about his dad at times," Smith said. "He told us he had a wife and child."

Hmmm, so all of the information that we already know as fact...

Please stop making excuses for this POS murderer, because I'm sorry, but it seems to me, that to claim that perhaps he was a "conflicted" person somehow excuses his heinous crimes..

BS

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Very strange indeed!

The article doesn't say if he seemed to be casing the joint... or enjoying the ambience

The article does mention a trip to Disney World also, so perhaps he had scoped out Disney World too as a potential target?

I had wondered if he chose a bar so far from home to avoid anyone knowing him, but this kinda blows that theory right out of the water!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: xuenchen

Do you have a working definition for "real Muslim"?

Care to share?

Muslims are forbidden to drink alcohol.

One of these "witnesses" said the guy was drinking.

It's a planted story.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

It reminds me of the 9/11 perp that went out of his way to ask about a framed picture of the Pentagon in such a way that the person he asked recalled the incident afterwards.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Gryphon66

Is no longer any way to see the difference, only when the person turns against those that they are targeting while expressing their radicalized religious agendas and alliances.

Most people that live around this new group of terrorist can not really tell if these young people are radicalized or not, until is too late.

Right.

Now, let's take another turn. Let's say that someone, while not being "radicalized," still believes in the tenets of a religion, still believes that those who do not agree with those tenets deserve death, etc., may even admire groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS ... but has never gotten closer to any actual member of those groups than a TV or computer screen.

How do we tell the difference between a real terrorist, a wanna-be terrorist, or someone that has convinced themselves that they are doing God's work when really, they just need to make all the pretty men go away so they won't be tempted?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

Hmmm, so all of the information that we already know as fact...

Please stop making excuses for this POS murderer, because I'm sorry, but it seems to me, that to claim that perhaps he was a "conflicted" person somehow excuses his heinous crimes..

BS

Why in the world would you think that because his motivation was personal hate rather than terroristic hate that excuses him or his actions???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join