It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Want to Defend Trump, but the Alternative Is Hilary!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's hard to agree with anything Trump says because he's so god damn inconsistent with ALL of his positions and so called policies.

Face it, Clinton will be our next president and nothing short of an indictment will stop that so to not waste your vote then vote for Gary Johnson. Help him get 5% of the vote and begin the end of the corrupt two party system.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Delusional? Care to do something besides posting an emoji?

No. If you're too dense to see how illogical you're being, there's no point even trying.

edit on 13-6-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Delusional? Care to do something besides posting an emoji?

No. If you're too dense to see how illogical you're being, there's no point even trying.

Sounds a lot like a cop-out.

Can't say I'm surprised.

A sock-puppet is a sock-puppet ... whether it wears a $50K Brioni suit or a $12K Armani jacket.

/shrug

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I'll defend him when I think people are over-reaching. What people don't understand is that Trump can and will skewer himself just fine if they are patient enough.

Of course, what they also don't seem to realize is that it doesn't seem to be working this cycle like they expect it to.

I wouldn't vote for Hillary unless my alternative was ... well ... I'm not sure what my alternative would have to be to force me to vote for Hillary.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Why is Trump the only alternative? Or, the flip side, why is Clinton the only alternative?

There are others running, y'know, for President.

Take a gander at some of them, who knows?

We'll never have an alternative(s), that don't come out of smoke filled rooms, if we don't look for 'em, and, most importantly, support 'em.

...and there will be others, as the smaller parties select their candidates.

There will be a myriad of possibilities out there in the wilderness just begging to be found, supported, and elected.

Nothing is going to change until we get rid of this notion that only the two major parties have the answers.

No, an independant/third party candidate isn't going to win this year...but how about next time? Or even the mid term elections?

Trump is a goon. Clinton is a criminal. ...and Sanders is--I don't know what he is. But there will be a minimum of three or four others out there...some of whom have some rather interesting ideas-ideas certainly worthy of support.

Ultimately, it's up to us to change things. Clinton won't. Trump won't. Maybe the others might if given a chance, they certainly won't if they aren't given that chance.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

There are no alternatives, unless you want Clinton to be your next president.
If you don't vote for Trump, you are voting for Hillary, regardless of who you vote for.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Maybe a better question is, is liking someone or not a good enough reason to vote for him? In my opinion, I think it's time we quit paying so much attention to our feelings.

Took the words out of my mouth (so to speak....type....whatever)

But seriously, I agree. This election has become too much like a Kardashian reality series as apposed to a political running and it's disgusting.
edit on 13-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

NO, I most certainly am not.

If I vote for a third party, I'm voting for that person, not Ms. Clinton.

See, that's the very attitude that gives the two major parties the advantage. If you aren't willing to vote your conscience, what's the point of even voting?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Normally, I would strongly agree with you.
However this time, it's different. The threat of Hillary Clinton is something too terrifying to trifle with.

There have been elections where I would have thought that any are just as good as any other, and it would make sense to vote for whoever you feel is best, since the outcome would not make a huge difference.
I have voted third party in the past, and actually have voted for both Democrat and Republican.
There were even a couple of times that I sat it out, because it was all ho-hum and I really had no preference.

But this time.... it's **Hillary Clinton**.
The future of our children is at stake. The country will never be the same if she gets in there.

Recall the woman who died, and had asked that her obituary say in lieu of flowers, Don't Vote For Hillary???
That's how serious this. That woman also realized the threat to her family who survived her.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Voting for a different brand of evil is still voting for evil.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Trump is not evil.
He may run his mouth a bit sometimes, but his intentions seem honest.
I think that he truly wants to do good by Americans.
And I think his trait of running his mouth shows that he does say what he is thinking and what he means, even if it makes us cringe a bit.
I take that as another sign of honesty.
edit on 6/13/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: DBCowboy

It all comes down to the first spouse. Would you rather look at Melania Trump for four years or 'Ol Crypt-Keeper Bill for eight years?

Well we know who Bill would rather have a cigar in with in the oval office.

edit on 14630America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jun 2016 21:14:40 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

OMG..is that picture of Bill Photoshopped? Looks like the former President has consumption in that photo. BTW.. I had to look up the CIGAR reference. He was a kINKY President wasn't he!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Trump is not evil.
He may run his mouth a bit sometimes, but his intentions seem honest.
I think that he truly wants to do good by Americans.
And I think his trait of running his mouth shows that he does say what he is thinking and what he means, even if it makes us cringe a bit.
I take that as another sign of honesty.

Don't be so naive.

He is evil. Just as evil as Clinton. Especially if he actually means what he says as you claim.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Did you listen to the speech that Xuenchen post today?

How can you disagree with that?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Bill was more than kinky. He used his position to victimize women. I normally could care less what a politician does in their private life. But in the case of the Clintons, there is reason to be concerned. Hillary also went after these women, blaming them for their affairs with Bill, demonizing them in the press, threatening them, and sending PIs to follow them and further harass them.

So, that's another thing. Besides all of the crimes and evil they have perpetrated, do we really want Bill back in the White House? And... how is it appropriate to have a 2 term president back in the White House in a position of power? Because Hillary plans to give him power. There are term limits for a reason.

And yeah, he has looked ill for a while.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Ok so the speech he gave today, what was he wrong about are you just out peddling talking points driven into you by the MSM?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It was a fairly good speech he read from the teleprompter.

That one speech doesn't make me forget all the others or all the things he has done.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The things that he said in today's speech are things that he has been saying all along.
He has given many good speeches, just like this one.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
True believers are the hardest to get through to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join