It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Want to Defend Trump, but the Alternative Is Hilary!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well those that run the world from the shadows are at the Bilderberg conference in Dresden,Lindsay Graham is there which tells me Mr Trump is a major concern to them.
edit on 13-6-2016 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
We need Hillary as POTUS. Its the only way to wake people up how screwed we are on lack of real leaders in this county.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Metallicus

You are not alone.

I feel your pain my friend.

This. He's not an evil choice... just the best of terrible options.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
We need Hillary as POTUS. Its the only way to wake people up how screwed we are on lack of real leaders in this county.

I tried to say that about Obama after he was elected. It didn't help.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

lol Sarcasm detected. Same kind of justification some people used to justify support for Sanders.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It all comes down to the first spouse. Would you rather look at Melania Trump for four years or 'Ol Crypt-Keeper Bill for eight years?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I firmly believe if Trump is elected he will ruin the economy and plunge the US into chaos if Clinton is elected the country will become even more corrupt.

It is a lose-lose scenario.

Whichever one wins I have nothing but disdain for those who elected them.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
The only reason Trump is not as crooked as the rest of the politicians is because he's new to the field.
There is nothing about Trump that he would be any different otherwise. He already has a very shady corrupt business history.

Fortunately, being a USA president is not a dictatorship. You have to play well with others.
Trump just needs to step into reality and realise that.
I'm sure angry billionaires don't like the hearing the word "no".

Yes, that's why they want hillary in the WH.

Someone once said something about insanity, now what was it.....

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Because she IS crooked. Not because Donald refers to her in a grade school light, but because she is obviously a lying, treasonous human. Who panders to everyone for a buck or a vote.

Donald is a pretty big scum himself, but at least he loves his country enough to stand up to the new status quo.

I too have the same Dillema as the OP, but I'm not foolish enough to vote for the crook that sells out her own people.

She belongs in jail, and we the people deserve a real and honest leader, not a two bit huck huckster. It's amazing, Trump would fill the huckster roll if it wasn't for that evil ass Hillary stealing his horns and one upping him.

Don't even get me started on her rapist husband.

Nader for president!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I find myself in an awkward position because I really, really don't like Donald Trump the man. I actually agree with some of his policy ideas and I do find his candor and off the cuff responses to be refreshing when they aren't innapropriate, but at the end of the day he is a pompouse jerk.

The real problem for me comes when I find myself defending him in various thread topics. I am literally like WHAT AM I DOING?! I don't want to defend Trump. I don't actually WANT him as President, but the alternative is Crooked Hilary.

I am sure I am not the only one in this uncomfortable position. I suppose it is the classic 'lesser of two evils' scenario, but it still feels like I need a shower after 'defending' this man.

Anyway, in a perfect world I would vote for Gary Johnson, but I feel like I have to vote Trump in order to stop Crooked Hilary.

It sucks.

I've seen this over and over. People think they can't vote their conscience because THIS is the most important election EVER. Stop wringing your hands, grow a backbone and stop voting for the lesser of 2 evils. Stop being part of the problem and start being a part of the solution.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Think about this for a second. If not the majority, a decent minority of people are not for the candidates who are leading the poles. What does that actually mean?

If we take a few steps back, can't we stop to figure that the election process is hogwash and we shouldn't even bother giving it much attention?

My solution was to decentralize the process as best could be done. You usurp the dinosaur media giants with a new media network streaming online that earns it's rep by actually doing real investigative work, fact-checking, having independent verification from 3rd parties. You get old blood with new blood, maybe some reporters got canned for getting too close to the truth, or they just saw how nonsensical it had become and retired early. Get some of them. Get some fresh, passionate investigative journalists reporting real freaking stories.

You do crowd-funding presidential candidates, and you give ordinary citizens a medium to introduce theirselves to the American public. You can use whatever clever systems already exist, mix and mash them for this specific purpose. A little bit of reddit, a little bit of youtube, a little bit of kickstarter. Allow communities to organically up/down vote people with a good message, good background, what have you. You allow people to fund these guys, set it up not for-profit.

I mean this should have been done a couple election cycles ago. I just don't understand why nobody stepped up to the plate then. Hell, I'll have the means to get it done 2020 if nobody decides to go forward by 2018. ... but what we got right now, this isn't a real election, and I don't even think my idea would break all the chains of corruption in the process as a whole, but... it's a start.

If you get a third of the public, maybe even half that don't even really want either of these schmucks for President, you know people basically know and accept that the system is corrupt, and they don't even care to root it out in a reasonable way. You don't have a significant percentage of the population vote the lesser of two evils, you question how the hell it could possibly come to that in a democratic system in the first place.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well those that run the world from the shadows are at the Bilderberg conference in Dresden,Lindsay Graham is there which tells me Mr Trump is a major concern to them.

So, you believe that Donald J. Trump can single-handedly stand up to those who are in control of every national government, every banking system, every covert operations unit, etc?

Gosh, he sounds like a superhero!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So, you believe that Donald J. Trump can single-handedly stand up to those who are in control of every national government, every banking system, every covert operations unit, etc?

Rutroh, we have a delusional thinker here.

Please try to be at least remotely reasonable.
edit on 13-6-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

So how...pray tell do you do that I wonder?...I keep voting for human beings like Ron Paul and Ralph Nader...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Rutroh, we have a delusional thinker here.

Please try to be at least remotely reasonable.

Delusional? Care to do something besides posting an emoji?

Tell me, how could any human being stand up to the mysterious cabal supposedly in charge of every aspect of national governments, the economic sector, etc.? You do understand what a conditional statement is ... right?

If I'm "delusional" ... school me.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I find myself in an awkward position because I really, really don't like Donald Trump the man. I actually agree with some of his policy ideas and I do find his candor and off the cuff responses to be refreshing when they aren't innapropriate, but at the end of the day he is a pompouse jerk.

The real problem for me comes when I find myself defending him in various thread topics. I am literally like WHAT AM I DOING?! I don't want to defend Trump. I don't actually WANT him as President, but the alternative is Crooked Hilary.

I am sure I am not the only one in this uncomfortable position. I suppose it is the classic 'lesser of two evils' scenario, but it still feels like I need a shower after 'defending' this man.

Anyway, in a perfect world I would vote for Gary Johnson, but I feel like I have to vote Trump in order to stop Crooked Hilary.

It sucks.

I'm with ya Metallicus....

I don't particularly care for Trump as a person from what I've seen.

Maybe he does take it a little far sometimes. He does kind of throw me off every once in awhile. I don't think I could be friends with the guy.

It's just obvious he is a better choice than crooked Hillary and I respect he has the guts to be up front and tell it like it is.

I respect that very much. This country is headed to hell in a hand basket either way it seems.

Something needs to change and Trump represents that change.

Trump 2016

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
For someone who doesn't like him, you sure sound like one of his brainwashed sheep.

Crooked Hillary inserted twice.

Lol

I don't particularly like him either, but if there is such a thing as the Devil, she wears a $12000 Armani jacket.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Blueracer

So how...pray tell do you do that I wonder?...I keep voting for human beings like Ron Paul and Ralph Nader...

Do what? I voted for Ron Paul too. But if I listened to other people, I was wasting my vote. That election was TOO important to just throw away my vote according to them. It didn't sway me.

Now exactly what is your question?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. With Hillary, I think we will get another 4 years of an Obama like presidency, though probably a little more aggressive. Who the hell know what we will get with Trump. The Devil you know, or the Devil you don't. It is a lose-lose situation. Two party system has a stranglehold on the political process, and humans keep voting for rats.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I really hate to do this, its a cop out, but I may write in for michael bloomberg. I wish he had run.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join