It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Want to Defend Trump, but the Alternative Is Hilary!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I find myself in an awkward position because I really, really don't like Donald Trump the man. I actually agree with some of his policy ideas and I do find his candor and off the cuff responses to be refreshing when they aren't innapropriate, but at the end of the day he is a pompouse jerk.

The real problem for me comes when I find myself defending him in various thread topics. I am literally like WHAT AM I DOING?! I don't want to defend Trump. I don't actually WANT him as President, but the alternative is Crooked Hilary.

I am sure I am not the only one in this uncomfortable position. I suppose it is the classic 'lesser of two evils' scenario, but it still feels like I need a shower after 'defending' this man.

Anyway, in a perfect world I would vote for Gary Johnson, but I feel like I have to vote Trump in order to stop Crooked Hilary.

It sucks.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
but I feel like I have to vote Trump in order to stop Crooked Hilary.

Yes...you do.
Trump or a Clinton indictment is the only way to stop Crooked Hillary.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You are not alone.

I feel your pain my friend.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I would do the same.

On the brightside it might show how impotent the president is and how fixed it all is when trump cant do 90% of what he promised as congress block him or he is forced to back down.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
For someone who doesn't like him, you sure sound like one of his brainwashed sheep.

Crooked Hillary inserted twice.

Lol

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I don't believe or trust either of them. Hillary will say whatever she needs to say for power and Trump does the same.

I will not dirty my hands by giving either of them my vote.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don't think you'll find much disagreement with your sentiments.

Trump's most likely gonna enjoy a wider margin of victory than Ron 'Bodine' Reagan.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Maybe a better question is, is liking someone or not a good enough reason to vote for him? In my opinion, I think it's time we quit paying so much attention to our feelings.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Anyone who votes for the lesser of two evils is still evil by proxy.

Do yourself and your country a favour and spoil the ballot paper.
edit on 13-6-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

I actually admire his candor.

Regardless though, who ever gets in office, taxes will rise, laws will increase, and freedoms will be lost.

Because we're only electing a president. We're still keeping congress which actually writes the laws that the president passes or veto's.

And congress makes a sewer filled with the bloated bodies of dead skunks look like a hot tub filled with cheerleaders.

Then we have a partisan Supreme Court. If one or the other gets in and makes their nominations, it'll still be a partisan Supreme Court.

Nothing will actually change unless an EMP is fired off or we force congress and the Supreme Court to have term limits.

And between the two? I'm torn.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
For someone who doesn't like him, you sure sound like one of his brainwashed sheep.

Crooked Hillary inserted twice.

Lol

That is more indicative of my complete disgust for Hilary than support for Trump, but it is a valid point you have made.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
You aren't alone, at all.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This is all the fault of bernie sanders and his supporters. They should have only concentrated on hillary and not trump from the start.

Trump vs hillary , i take trump

Trump vs sanders, i take sanders.

But it would be a very difficult thing to find a more disgusting candidate than hillary.

edit on 06630America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jun 2016 18:06:34 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The Clintons have sold out to the Saudis -Trump hasn't -hold your nose if you must to vote Trump but the alternative to make America great again is make America Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The only reason Trump is not as crooked as the rest of the politicians is because he's new to the field.
There is nothing about Trump that he would be any different otherwise. He already has a very shady corrupt business history.

Fortunately, being a USA president is not a dictatorship. You have to play well with others.
Trump just needs to step into reality and realise that.
I'm sure angry billionaires don't like the hearing the word "no".

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You are not electing someone to be a friend, so your like or dislike of his personality does not really need to be a factor in the decision. His policies and potential to do the job are the important things, and since you indicated that you are comfortable with Trump in that regard, your decision should be easy.

Especially considering the alternative is an evil criminal whose policies are going to destroy our country.

link   
If Trump didn't talk like a pompous ass and a thin skinned 3rd grader calling everyone names, he may have gotten my attention. I just can't take someone who acts like that serious. He's made a lot of outrageous statements. His thin skin and childish talk won't change if he's elected. I just think it's going to get even worse! He's going to think he's King of the Hill and screw whatever anyone thinks. When a child's feelings are hurt they lash out. This child doesn't have toys to throw around, but he does have weapons of mass destruction. A leader who can't control their temperament sounds like another Kim Jong-Un.

He just has too many more negatives than positives for me to give him my vote. (Other candidates should play his game and call him Baby Trump). At this point in time neither Trump or Hillary will get my vote. I think this is the year for the 3rd party candidate.

link   
If, as so many believe, the true controllers of government act in secret behind the scenes and are basically all-powerful, whichever sock-puppet occupies the White House means nothing.

The entire political theatre was well described by Shakespeare "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

This is all the fault of bernie sanders and his supporters. They should have only concentrated on hillary and not trump from the start.

Trump vs hillary , i take trump

Trump vs sanders, i take sanders.

But it would be a very difficult thing to find a more disgusting candidate than hillary.

Yet you supported Sanders. So, in essence, it's your fault.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Exactly! We need to vote with our brains, not just our feelings.

Although... since I have a very strong feeling that we need Trump, I guess my feelings take a small part in my decision.
Making America great again and everything he has in mind for the country to make that happen are the main reasons I plan to vote for him. It also helps that I find him to be honest and plain spoken. And the fact that he has the establishment quaking in their boots is icing on the cake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join