It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesson on "Assault weapons".

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

That's assuming the language in the bill doesn't slip in a ban on "semi-automatics" or some other insanity which would have pretty much the same effect.

You know as well as I that too many people think semi-automatic = machine gun.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep, there's always that possibility, but in that case, the next up on the plate will be restrictions on your revolvers and bolt, lever and pump action rifles and shotguns. It'll never be enough for them.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Oh you fired a gun and that makes you an expert in combat?

What SF team do you serve with Internet tough guy?

How many firefights have you been in to determine what people "need" ?

I'll wait...

edit on 14 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not exactly, you can purchase upper/lower receivers for certain types of weapons that will convert them to select fire/automatic. However, they supposed to be for military/police only. Anyone stupid enough to order these lowers without proper paperwork will be visited by law enforcement. Not trying to be a douche, but I am a avid enthusiast who felt compelled to add my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

The thread is about civilian use so police/military components are not really relevant. As you pointed out, civilians cannot order these.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Anyway, I digress. What does it matter if a AR15 or Similar is labeled a "Assault Weapon" or not. What matters is they appear to be the weapon of choice for mass killers and therein lies the problem.

I'm not an internet tough guy talking about things they really have no idea about.

But I am telling YOU.

The AR-15 is not a 'weapon' of choice.

One of those would be MACHINE guns PRE 1986 that the state makes people get an enema to own.

Like the AK-47, M16, M60 or Thompson sub.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: charlyv

Bumpfire is inaccurate, hard to control, and impractical.

Even with a bumpfire stock adapter.

I would personally never own one. It's a good way to never hit anything you're aiming at.

Again, the attrition rate, waist high in a crowded room would be formidable. I still think this weapon does not belong in this country. It has just too many adaptations, from multi-caliber barrels to trigger assemblies, to features such as being discussed that give them rapid fire capabilities. Name one other gun, where this kind of morph-ism is possible.

the gun was firing once for each trigger pull Thats far from spraying lead. Shoot give me a 30.06 with a clip and id have a high kill rate too. Limiting the clip size is actually better than a outright ban. when the ak was banned it still didnt stop its use.

No, it something more like this:
AR-15 rapid fire

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: charlyv

Bumpfire is inaccurate, hard to control, and impractical.

Even with a bumpfire stock adapter.

I would personally never own one. It's a good way to never hit anything you're aiming at.

Again, the attrition rate, waist high in a crowded room would be formidable. I still think this weapon does not belong in this country. It has just too many adaptations, from multi-caliber barrels to trigger assemblies, to features such as being discussed that give them rapid fire capabilities. Name one other gun, where this kind of morph-ism is possible.

the gun was firing once for each trigger pull Thats far from spraying lead. Shoot give me a 30.06 with a clip and id have a high kill rate too. Limiting the clip size is actually better than a outright ban. when the ak was banned it still didnt stop its use.

No, it something more like this:
AR-15 rapid fire

You generally bump fire from your hip, and you can’t really aim the rifle, which makes the technique kind of frivolous.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Found this on FB today.

It's a rehash, and more in depth.
www.assaultweapon.info...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think this thread highlights a good portion of ignorance regarding firearms. Education is the key here. If someone is anti-gun then shouldn't they be at least a little in the know of what they are against?
?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Here's a fun tid bit....

HBO's real sports episode for the day is on the AR-15. (Ep 230 for those interested in looking into it)

Here is the description on the episode.

A sobering look at how the deadliest and most effective rifle ever designed for soldiers in battle is now being sold to hunters and targets shooters as a piece of sporting equipment - and how that same rifle has figured prominently in many of this country's mass shootings.

IDK where to find the official transcript but I will be typing quotes from the show as I go along.

But the same qualities that have attractive sports shooters to the AR-15 by the millions, have also drawn the attention of another, very different, group of Americans.Mass murderers.

Now they are naming every mass murder that has happened while showing this photo:

"

"This is a gun designed to kill as many people as possible in a short period of time. Is that fair? Jim Sullivan would know, he helped design it."

It was issued to soldiers in Vietnam and promptly displayed a killing power never before seen. The gun would become legend under it's military name: the M16.

The gun was so well engineered to kill that even 40 years later it remains state of the art.

The gun industry had it's own ideas. They began to market the weapon to consumers; not as a weapon of war, but as a sporting good and calling it The Sporter.

"So it was industry makeover of a military gun under the banner of sport?"-Host
"It smooths over, it disguises, it camouflages the real nature of this particular class of rifle, because the industry had to divert attention from it's killing power, it's lethality. "- Tom Diaz (according to the narrator has researched the gun industry for more than 20 years.)

At this point, I think you catch my drift. It's a 30 minute show and I am only 9 minutes in. This POS propaganda is so disgustingly obvious that it makes my stomach churn.

Oh, BTW, they jumped the gun on making this before police even had a chance to fully investigate the crime scene....wanna know how I know? Because when they mentioned the Orlando shooting, they quoted the body count at 14.

That is all. I'm turning it off before I have an aneurysm.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If you think a assault rifles are bad think again.

I could build a device that could be put in the back of a pickup truck and would kill/wound many more then Orlando.

And it could be set up a 1/4 mile from the target and fired from half a state or more away with a cell phone.

I will not go into what type, where to use it, or how to build the device for very good reasons as terrorist likely would build and use it if they found out what it is. But the whole system could be built for less then the cost of a good assault rifle.
But it would use black powder and .50 cal lead or steel balls and could be a classed as a kinetic strike weapon.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's even worse when it is elected officials trying to pass gun policy, yet they continuously say "automatic assault rifle" on the news. Bernie Sanders thinks you can buy a fully automatic machine gun from Wal-Mart. Our country is great because it was founded on great principles. More and more people want to destroy the constitutional principles that keep us all free and safe from government tyranny.

It is a shame that ignorance keeps so many people in fear.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Watch any number of police shootouts and tell me how well a trained law enforcement officer does in a heated situation. Every single time, they are shooting NUMEROUS rounds and missing.

Or how about in actual war with ACTUAL fully automatic weapons?

250k per target

You are talking about things that you do not have sufficient knowledge about. This is the exact problem with the gun debate in this country. People are ignorant to the facts and repeat the crap the lying politicians tell them on the zombie tube.

Don't limit the very thing that has given you the freedom to type away on the internet, and one of the largest deterrents against full on invasion and full on tyranny from our government..

Don't you see what the agenda is?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

Watch any number of police shootouts and tell me how well a trained law enforcement officer does in a heated situation. Every single time, they are shooting NUMEROUS rounds and missing.

Or how about in actual war with ACTUAL fully automatic weapons?

250k per target

You are talking about things that you do not have sufficient knowledge about. This is the exact problem with the gun debate in this country. People are ignorant to the facts and repeat the crap the lying politicians tell them on the zombie tube.

Don't limit the very thing that has given you the freedom to type away on the internet, and one of the largest deterrents against full on invasion and full on tyranny from our government..

Don't you see what the agenda is?

I'm Talking about sitting around the table with the government and coming to an agreement before it's too late.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
If you think a assault rifles are bad think again.

I could build a device that could be put in the back of a pickup truck and would kill/wound many more then Orlando.

And it could be set up a 1/4 mile from the target and fired from half a state or more away with a cell phone.

I will not go into what type, where to use it, or how to build the device for very good reasons as terrorist likely would build and use it if they found out what it is. But the whole system could be built for less then the cost of a good assault rifle.
But it would use black powder and .50 cal lead or steel balls and could be a classed as a kinetic strike weapon.

Switch off the Jackel and go lie down.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I'm Talking about sitting around the table with the government and coming to an agreement before it's too late.

That agreement was ratified in 1791.

The more you attack liberty, especially from a position of ignorance, the less credibility you have.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Anyway, I digress. What does it matter if a AR15 or Similar is labeled a "Assault Weapon" or not. What matters is they appear to be the weapon of choice for mass killers and therein lies the problem.

I'm not an internet tough guy talking about things they really have no idea about.

But I am telling YOU.

The AR-15 is not a 'weapon' of choice.

One of those would be MACHINE guns PRE 1986 that the state makes people get an enema to own.

Like the AK-47, M16, M60 or Thompson sub.

And how many recent mass killings have there been with a AK-47, M16, M60 or Thompson sub?....I rest my case.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

with a AK-47

Paris, Paris again, Brussels, France again, and that's just the more recent stuff.

They all have something in common too...They were all committed in heavy gun control nations that ban any such weapons..And they were all done by Muslim extremists.
edit on 15 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

with a AK-47

Paris, Paris again, Brussels, France again, and that's just the more recent stuff.

They all have something in common too...They were all committed in heavy gun control nations that ban any such weapons..And they were all done by Muslim extremists.

I was referring to the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join