It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesson on "Assault weapons".

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I'm not saying liberals have done the LGBT community any favors. Generally it's been full of platitudes and stupidity disguised as progressive, forward-thinking policy. But the propaganda is strong. I don't think we've helped.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The AR-15 has so many mods and attachments, it should be banned. For under $500, you can even install a commercially available slide-fire that can make this thing do bursts at (a rate of) 900 rounds per minute. Very close to full auto, not sustainable beyond a regular clip, but dangerous as hell. The rifle can be modified to do things outside the spirit of the law that made the automatic version illegal. So, yes, the AR-15 is a super class of assault weapons that should be absolutely illegal in the U.S. In the wrong hands, the wrong hand is sure to know how to make it much more lethal.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Uh huh..

Please explain to me how bump firing stocks make a weapon any more deadly...In your technical expertise, of course.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

isnt it a MAGAZINE? not a clip?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude
Currently in the US it is possible to purchase such a weapon, but it's very costly and has mountains of paperwork to be done in order to buy and own one. Mostly collectors are the ones who purchase such weapons.

Good post. One other brief note, the fully automatic weapons are all from before 1987 and are a finite commodity.

Why are people so scared by fully automatic firearms with semiautos are more accurate.
edit on 13-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Uh huh..

Please explain to me how bump firing stocks make a weapon any more deadly...In your technical expertise, of course.

How about the ability to spray an extremely crowded room, multiple times, multiple clips (ok, magazines, off vernacular")

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Bumpfire is inaccurate, hard to control, and impractical.

Even with a bumpfire stock adapter.

I would personally never own one. It's a good way to never hit anything you're aiming at.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I would personally never own one. It's a good way to never hit anything you're aiming at.

Again, the attrition rate, waist high in a crowded room would be formidable. I still think this weapon does not belong in this country. It has just too many adaptations, from multi-caliber barrels to trigger assemblies, to features such as being discussed that give them rapid fire capabilities. Name one other gun, where this kind of morph-ism is possible.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

There are MANY weapons that are multi caliber capable. Some don't even require the bolt and barrel to be changed.

Trigger assemblies? Why would that be a problem?

Sounds to me like you're spitting out nomenclature you don't understand.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

There are MANY weapons that are multi caliber capable. Some don't even require the bolt and barrel to be changed.

Trigger assemblies? Why would that be a problem?

Sounds to me like you're spitting out nomenclature you don't understand.

There are many trigger assemblies, some hair triggers, others are made to allow other adaptations to the firing mechanism to make them easier to mod. Please do not insult me by saying I do not understand them. There is no other rifle that has as many possible modifications than this one.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Again, the attrition rate, waist high in a crowded room would be formidable. I still think this weapon does not belong in this country. It has just too many adaptations, from multi-caliber barrels to trigger assemblies, to features such as being discussed that give them rapid fire capabilities. Name one other gun, where this kind of morph-ism is possible.

the gun was firing once for each trigger pull Thats far from spraying lead. Shoot give me a 30.06 with a clip and id have a high kill rate too. Limiting the clip size is actually better than a outright ban. when the ak was banned it still didnt stop its use.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

How about the Ruger 10/22?

That's the most modded rifle in history.

None of those mods ever changed the function of the rifle.

Lighter triggers are for skilled shooters. On a long distance rifle or hunting rifle, it is going to be detrimental to have heavy triggers.

The pull weight of a trigger does not change the function. The AR is not the only rifle with aftermarket support.

And no you don't understand them. The more you post the more obvious it is that you do not know what you're talking about.

edit on 14 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
What is see as the main problem, Nutjobs aside, is the amount of rounds the magazine holds on these weapons. Lets say we limit them to 3 round magazines, hey, you still look cool and any nutjob would have to stop and reload giving the public at least a chance to either get the hell away or pounce on the perp.

I mean, why do you need more than three rounds for anything. If you cant hit a target/animal with your first shot then maybe shooting and hunting aint for you.

If you want to go full auto or fire off a 30 round magazine on semi then their are places for that in the US..I know, i've seen it. you even get to wear a bikini whilst doing so. awesome.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
What is see as the main problem, Nutjobs aside, is the amount of rounds the magazine holds on these weapons. Lets say we limit them to 3 round magazines, hey, you still look cool and any nutjob would have to stop and reload giving the public at least a chance to either get the hell away or pounce on the perp.

I mean, why do you need more than three rounds for anything. If you cant hit a target/animal with your first shot then maybe shooting and hunting aint for you.

If you want to go full auto or fire off a 30 round magazine on semi then their are places for that in the US..I know, i've seen it. you even get to wear a bikini whilst doing so. awesome.

Reloading doesn't take that long. The banana mags on my 10/22 take about 1.5 seconds with another .5 to chamber a new round.

Limiting the mag just means buying more.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Reloading doesn't take that long. The banana mags on my 10/22 take about 1.5 seconds with another .5 to chamber a new round.

Limiting the mag just means buying more.

Me bouncing a stool off the perps head from pick up to plant would be under a second. See where i'm coming from.?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

A PERFECT target to vicimize themselves before.
LGBT s will get FAR more publicity for gun control by NOT saying ISIS was behind this.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

THAT'S what we who are TRAINED to kill are telling you aimed fire is more deadly that a bump stock because you can't aim it ,it just throws your barrel into the air.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

How about the Ruger 10/22?

That's the most modded rifle in history.

None of those mods ever changed the function of the rifle.

Lighter triggers are for skilled shooters. On a long distance rifle or hunting rifle, it is going to be detrimental to have heavy triggers.

The pull weight of a trigger does not change the function. The AR is not the only rifle with aftermarket support.

And no you don't understand them. The more you post the more obvious it is that you do not know what you're talking about.

Exactly. As I already said even without mods I can do more damage than these scum with my 10/22. It's not about guns or magazines or modification. It's about scum who want to kill others. It's all based on a lack of knowledge. They don't know anything about guns but want to be an authority on them.

All the politicians that want gun control have armed guards. We're supposed to depend on the police responding, sometimes an hour later or more in rural areas, to protect us.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Me bouncing a stool off the perps head from pick up to plant would be under a second. See where i'm coming from.?

That's great and in the situation where I didn't have a gun I'd do that.

What about somebody like me going into a place? I'm 6'4" and 400 pounds. You can bounce stools off my head for a while without doing much more than pissing me off.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think you've been in a situation that informs you well about the reality of combat.

Even if a 90 pound weakling is shooting up a place I want a gun to defend myself, not an environmental weapon like a stool. Bad guys can always get guns even if they're outlawed. Good guys can only get them if it remains a legal right.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

That's great and in the situation where I didn't have a gun I'd do that.

What about somebody like me going into a place? I'm 6'4" and 400 pounds. You can bounce stools off my head for a while without doing much more than pissing me off.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think you've been in a situation that informs you well about the reality of combat.

Even if a 90 pound weakling is shooting up a place I want a gun to defend myself, not an environmental weapon like a stool. Bad guys can always get guns even if they're outlawed. Good guys can only get them if it remains a legal right.

3 rounds in the right hands is enough to take any man down. We are not talking about a combat situation here, We are talking about a lone gunman no doubt shooting from the hip, Spray and pray.

Anyone with a decent level of training and a cool head should be able to bring the guy down with three shots. But then again, Maybe the next time there will be a team of perps, then your three round mags weapons would as effective as a bar stool.

I would still place my money on a combat trained weapons expert with 3 rounds being the victor over a unskilled spray and pray with 30 rounds in a mag any day of the week. Lets face it, in these situations the chances of you being the perps first target are what,?...In a night club with 200 people?...200-1 ?

Maybe there should be a licencing system where you only get 15 - 30 round mags once you have proven your are not a terrorist threat, Mentally unstable or a dick. I know, buying 15 round magazines in the US is probably like buying candy but you gotta start somewhere.

What would you rather have?. The Government taking away your weapons or decent control measures on the amount of rounds a Magazine holds for certain individuals. One thing is for sure, The breaking point has be reached a long time ago.
Now instead of digging your heals in and throwing your toys out the pram everytime someone mentions taking away your weapons or diluting your rights, the NRA and like minded people need to get round the table and start talking sense instead of this gung ho, "from my dead fingers" rhetoric we hear everytime there's a mass shooting and the subject of gun control is brought up again.

You cant keep on ignoring it. Putting fingers in ears and La la la-ing solves nothing.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join