It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesson on "Assault weapons".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Very well put!!! I can list about 100 rifles that have the same characteristics as the AR-15 but like the AR-15 ARE NOT Assault Rifles....

People are so easily influenced and scared by the BLACK GUNS.

Therein may lie our answer.

Liberal circle jerk it back to them.

Call em a bunch of racist, because they are equating black with dangerous.

..I know, I own a black assault dog

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

I know about the .22lr conversion, but was under the impression you needed an AR-10 lower for the .308.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

While I appreciate your confidence, striking stationary steel is one thing.....Moving target at that range is a completely different feat. Longest shot I have is just under 700 yards ridge to ridge in CO Elk hunting. I was super stoked about that shot but lot of bench time and doping the scope was involved in making it happen.

It takes a very special person a lot of things going right to pull off 1000 yard plus shots on moving targets....

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
An 'assault weapon', is any weapon used to commit assault. For instance, a rock is an assault weapon when used in the commission of a violent crime.

Unless the particular AR in question, was used in a violent crime, it is not an assault weapon.

Actually According to the military all of their weapons are assault weapons and are always assault weapons even if they do not assault anyone with them.

So no... factually you are wrong. Semantically youre right but not in fact.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

No, you are referring to Assault RIFLES.

In the context you are referring to, there is no such thing.

An AR is the civilian version of the M-16, so even in the misguided belief you are spouting, an AR is not used by the military to conduct 'assaults'.

Assault weapon is a liberal term, that has no bearing in reality, unless we are referring to any weapon used to commit assault.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yeah, "AR-15 style rifles are too dangerous!" *sigh*

The full auto version of that rifle is also the reason that Americans have what we do... because despite the propaganda surrounding it, it can be (and has been) used to preserve the liberties that we all enjoy.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Dumbass
Somehow I think it is funny you can't have a ban on guns because Canadians are living North of you.

I was reading a good explanatory thread but then you made me LOL

Thanks for that

Is that what you got out of all that? Well, all I can say is I am glad I could bring a smile to your face Dumbass. (and the ability for me to type that without fear of punishment makes me smile as well.)

It is not what I got all out of that, like I said it is a good explanatory thread on which I agree, so I wasn't even planning on responding. Because well it is a slamfest lately, some call it discussion but for me it feels more like being an exhibitionist for their opinion. (I'm not at all saying this OP is like that, on the contrary.) So in this day and age, I appreciate a little joke in between.

So I was like:

Information about weapons --- check
Comparison with total different countries --- check
Landscape --- check
History ---- check
Culture ---- check
All kinds problems from the south --- check
Canadians on the north --- WTF LOL

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Just to educate some people on this forum I am going to link a video of what a well trained individual can do. This is faster than an automatic rifle......do we now ban this gun too or just the individual using it?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I am fairly anti gun but even I don't get the fascination with restrictions that the amount basically to how the gun looks.

I doubt any potential mass shooter ever changed their mind as their gun didn't look cool enough.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Somehow I think it is funny you can't have a ban on guns because Canadians are living North of you.

Thanks for that

Is that what you got out of all that? Well, all I can say is I am glad I could bring a smile to your face Dumbass. (and the ability for me to type that without fear of punishment makes me smile as well.)

It is not what I got all out of that, like I said it is a good explanatory thread on which I agree, so I wasn't even planning on responding. Because well it is a slamfest lately, some call it discussion but for me it feels more like being an exhibitionist for their opinion. (I'm not at all saying this OP is like that, on the contrary.) So in this day and age, I appreciate a little joke in between.

So I was like:

Landscape --- check
History ---- check
Culture ---- check

If I didn't mention Canadians, they would have gotten all pissed off eh? Other than the fact that a large land mass exists north of the US, there isn't really any threat from up there other than some guys who talk funnier than southerners making fun of us for drinking light beer. If you notice, I didn't really harp on the northern border much more than to mention it's existence. But smuggling stuff over the border either way can and does happen, so my point of bans on anything being a fix all is a pipe dream. eh?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You maybe right. I see a lot of .308 Ar-15s advertised so I assumed they existed, but it might just be lazy advertisers.
I have shot the ar-15 .22. It was an actual .22 upper with a modified clip in a .223 lower. He then changed the upper to .223. It was a slick setup but for the cost I could buy a good .308 hunting riffle, a decent semi auto pistol and a 9mm or 45mm semi auto carbine.
The only reason I would buy a AR is to get one before the ban. Lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

I have one that I modified with a golf ball launcher.

this isn't me, but it's the same setup. I tell people it's the main reason everyone needs an AR-15. Launch a golf ball 400 yards without all the practice and expensive golf equipment. (Oh and it doubles as protection from Zombies)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Assault weapon is such a stupid term. My harmless looking ruger 10/22 will do almost as much damage as the horrifying AR in my hands.

The real danger is a marksman with intent. Fortunately most people who dedicate themselves to true marksmanship don't have time for worshipping several times a day.

How many Muslim marksmen have you heard of? They like to spray and pray.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Thanks for that

So I was like:

Landscape --- check
History ---- check
Culture ---- check

If I didn't mention Canadians, they would have gotten all pissed off eh? Other than the fact that a large land mass exists north of the US, there isn't really any threat from up there other than some guys who talk funnier than southerners making fun of us for drinking light beer. If you notice, I didn't really harp on the northern border much more than to mention it's existence. But smuggling stuff over the border either way can and does happen, so my point of bans on anything being a fix all is a pipe dream. eh?

Agreed. A ban on anything is just a formality that doesn't change reality. A gun ban will not prevent tragedies, nor will it prevent tragedies when everyone is carrying imo.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Maybe if we make all ar15's pink they won't be so scary.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Maybe if we make all ar15's pink they won't be so scary.

Someone beat you to it:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

It's not the Canadians. It's the lack of any means to really secure that long section of mostly trackless wilderness we all call a border up there.

If gun runners wanted to, they could pretty much walk their shipments over it and disappear from one side to the other.

So, how good is your port security?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Assault weapon is such a stupid term. My harmless looking ruger 10/22 will do almost as much damage as the horrifying AR in my hands.

The real danger is a marksman with intent. Fortunately most people who dedicate themselves to true marksmanship don't have time for worshipping several times a day.

How many Muslim marksmen have you heard of? They like to spray and pray.

They do seem to be highly skilled in combat.....SMH

edit on 13-6-2016 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What port are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

People are so easily influenced and scared by the BLACK GUNS.

Unfortunately there is no cure for gunphobia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join