It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Speech in Manchester, NH- Saint Anselm College (6-13-16)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: xuenchen

at least he's talking about raining whoop ass on these #ing terrorist scum, our nation was just attacked and Donald Trump is the only candidate talking about protecting our nation and going after our attackers, what a strange world we are in.

Dropping bombs alone wont solve #.

Never has never will.

A lot more action needs to be taken. Like cutting off the support the terrorists get from Saudi Arabia and UAE who fund the terrorists.

You know we've had this conversation; how many times over the years, brother? I can't disagree with you there, but I wrote this in another thread and these are the actions I would take.

we have the wrong framework here...

Radical Muslims have declared war on the west, they have done so in an ideological, political, and economic fashion, their words lead to real violence and death - on unprecedented global scales from genocides to mass cowardly attacks.

Mosques where they preach their hateful rhetoric are the head quarters, and ideological think tanks of these groups, they do not separate church from state therefor we should consider them one in the same, with that said, any speech that comes from radical Islam is an indicator of their presence and where they operate from, and we should arrest them and we should search their phones, and connections, and seize funds, and if we are unwilling to do this, then we are not treating this like a WAR and we will continue to see increasing attacks against the west.

That's the home front, now the mission goes further and involves a full scale occupation and a complete control of Saudi Arabia. That's the answer and I can't be anymore honest about it.

I agree and think there should less concern about profiling.

No not every Muslim is a terrorist but most the terrorists these days are Muslim so it makes sense to focus more in screenings and investigations on the Muslim community.

The USA and the west is at war. The Muslim community may not like the closer scrutiny but they should feel lucky its not WW2 and they are being rounded up in internment camps (A action I completely disagree with).

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

He also misstated where the shooter was born. Trump said he was born in Afghanistan but actually he was born in NY. Just the parents were born in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Krazysh0t

RADICAL ISLAM; big difference.

Ok. Explain how to tell them apart and how we legislate against one and not the other.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So much for that poster telling me that "he speaks the truth" lol.

link   
Who should we attack now because of the Orlando massacre?

Keep in mind the guy was born here almost 30 years ago and that was the Reagan administration and his pledges to extreme groups don't really add up because they are in conflict with each other.

His ex-wife said he was Bi polar and abusive. People that worked with him said he was bigoted towards all types of groups.

In such a strange case who does America declare war on?

link   
Every freedom the world has ever won was at the point of a sword, spear or gun. You may be able to negotiate peace with countries but ONLY AFTER you have demonstrated proficiency at war.

ISIS is not a country, their members place themselves outside the human race by their atrocities and they welcome death.

1. The problem is not a moral one (they must all be exterminated horribly and swiftly).
2. The only question that needs to be answered is a logistical one. How do get them all relatively together to accomplish number one above in the most cost effect, timely and efficient way possible.
3. Answer number two - them bomb them back to the stone age and keep bombing them back to the stone age until they are so weary that they will never ever think radicalization is worth the horrible risk again.

We don't fight wars to an outcome of absolute victory anymore with an UNDERSTANDING that there will be collateral damage because the optics are bad. Screw the optics.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hey, I just corrected what Trump has said.

If it was up to me, I'd ban Islam.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Unlike most politicians, he cut the bullsh#t and speaks the truth. And he makes a valid points.

Are you sure he is "speaking the truth" and not just "saying what you want to hear"?

There's no difference.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

And you were trying to talk to me about "truth"? That's pretty damn anti-american.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You cant.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

You want a president that follows the constitution right?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious

Unlike most politicians, he cut the bullsh#t and speaks the truth. And he makes a valid points.

Are you sure he is "speaking the truth" and not just "saying what you want to hear"?

There's no difference.

And this is xenophobic to the extreme.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

A temporary ban on immigration is not the same as BAN RELIGION ZOMG - I see where you could tie those two strings of ideas together, but I don't see them holding any weight.

As for how to properly screen...well theres a lot of similarities between those who commit these acts in the name of ISIS (I don't think it's in the name of Islam although I'm sure ISIS does)

Trump named two in the speech I can think of off the top of my head:

Trips to countries with strong terrorist cells
Parents/family with ties to extremist groups

With all the intelligence gathering we do I don't think it's impossible to at least improve our chances of picking of few of the bad apples out of a bunch.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I am not American.

I too want to see how's Trump planning on recognizing who's a radical, and who's a moderate Islamist. In my opinion, as long as there's Islamic teachings, there will be people killing in the name of Allah.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

There's no difference.

Explain how so.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Laying it on thick. That's how we describe liars where I come from. Liars and phonies.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I am not American.

I too want to see how's Trump planning on recognizing who's a radical, and who's a moderate Islamist. In my opinion, as long as there's Islamic teachings, there will be people killing in the name of Allah.

I'd like to see that, but I have a feeling that he isn't planning on trying to tell the difference. He hasn't put much effort in fleshing out his other crazy ideas. Why start with this one?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

There's no difference.

Explain how so.

Because typecasting an entire religion as a single (negative) description is pretty much the definition of xenophobia.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Laying it on thick. That's how we describe liars where I come from. Liars and phonies.

You're laying it on thick, too.
Just saying.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

There's no difference.

Explain how so.

Because typecasting an entire religion as a single (negative) description is pretty much the definition of xenophobia.

Again, how so?
Which "entire religion" was type-casted in a negative light?
I listened to his words and he said nothing of the sort.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: amicktd

A temporary ban on immigration is not the same as BAN RELIGION ZOMG - I see where you could tie those two strings of ideas together, but I don't see them holding any weight.

As for how to properly screen...well theres a lot of similarities between those who commit these acts in the name of ISIS (I don't think it's in the name of Islam although I'm sure ISIS does)

Trump named two in the speech I can think of off the top of my head:

Trips to countries with strong terrorist cells
Parents/family with ties to extremist groups

With all the intelligence gathering we do I don't think it's impossible to at least improve our chances of picking of few of the bad apples out of a bunch.

They used to monitor our phone calls, emails, texts, etc. and still couldn't prevent a terrorist act. I don't see his policies changing anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join