It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Speech in Manchester, NH- Saint Anselm College (6-13-16)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: amicktd

This seems like a knee jerk response. He made it very clear were done with country building. This isn't anything like Afghanistan or Iraq.

He also stated working along with Muslim community in going after the extremist.

I dont trust trump but i saw no issues with what he said and found it more genuine than the typicall PC BS.

Whether he will followup is another question but he was on the money with his words.

Islam is not the problem, but islam has a problem. I see no problem being more strict with how we vet immigrants.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: crazyewok

Agree, but...I can't imagine it ever happening, or at least, under this current circumstances.

On a different note, this was my second time listening to Mr Trump, and judging by how some members here on ATS tried to present him to be, he's actually pretty good.

Unlike most politicians, he cut the bullsh#t and speaks the truth. And he makes a valid points.

What he says it irrelevant and bull# until he states the current regimes of Saudi Arabia, UAE and to a lesser extent Pakistan days are numbered and the USA will not support then economically or militarily.

THEY are the root cause of Al-Qaida and ISIS.
Unless they are targeted then military action is pointless.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

this speech touched on points he would falter with in his earlier campaigns.
he could have said a lot more to tell people "what they want to hear" there was a lot of conjectures he could have concluded to blindly ( like in the past). here he didnt.

either his camp scrambled and got new writers, or he finally understand what solidarity is and how he musnt pander to one group of people.
America for Americans. Americans follow American laws. period.

he was very much on point in this speech.

P.s. im not a trump supporter.
P.p.s. Hillary is scum.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
www.donaldjtrump.com...

link to the transcript of his speech

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That was direct, to the point, truthful, not politically correct (which we need more of). I was a supporter before, but now definitely sealed my vote.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I don't think carpet bombing countries is the answer either.

Strategic strikes at key positions could be enough to disrupt the flow of support to ISIS.

Countries with ISIS strongholds in them should be willing to help take them out, if they aren't willing they should at the very least get out of the way.

I would be suspicious of any country that doesn't want ISIS gone from it's borders

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Neither is that a valid answer to mine. We're discussing the speech, hard for you to do that without seeing it.

See you in 20 mins

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: xuenchen

at least he's talking about raining whoop ass on these #ing terrorist scum, our nation was just attacked and Donald Trump is the only candidate talking about protecting our nation and going after our attackers, what a strange world we are in.

Dropping bombs alone wont solve #.

Never has never will.

A lot more action needs to be taken. Like cutting off the support the terrorists get from Saudi Arabia and UAE who fund the terrorists.

You know we've had this conversation; how many times over the years, brother? I can't disagree with you there, but I wrote this in another thread and these are the actions I would take.

we have the wrong framework here...

Radical Muslims have declared war on the west, they have done so in an ideological, political, and economic fashion, their words lead to real violence and death - on unprecedented global scales from genocides to mass cowardly attacks.

Mosques where they preach their hateful rhetoric are the head quarters, and ideological think tanks of these groups, they do not separate church from state therefor we should consider them one in the same, with that said, any speech that comes from radical Islam is an indicator of their presence and where they operate from, and we should arrest them and we should search their phones, and connections, and seize funds, and if we are unwilling to do this, then we are not treating this like a WAR and we will continue to see increasing attacks against the west.

That's the home front, now the mission goes further and involves a full scale occupation and a complete control of Saudi Arabia. That's the answer and I can't be anymore honest about it.

edit on 13-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Why should I answer YOUR question when you didn't give me the courtesy of answering my question, which was asked first?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

"One group of people", except Muslim Americans.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

this speech touched on points he would falter with in his earlier campaigns.
he could have said a lot more to tell people "what they want to hear" there was a lot of conjectures he could have concluded to blindly ( like in the past). here he didnt.

either his camp scrambled and got new writers, or he finally understand what solidarity is and how he musnt pander to one group of people.
America for Americans. Americans follow American laws. period.

he was very much on point in this speech.

P.s. im not a trump supporter.
P.p.s. Hillary is scum.

He's been telling people what they want to hear and then retracting those statements later on. Trust me I support Trump in my own little ways, but have learned the hard way to not believe everything that comes out of his mouth.

We caused this war all on our own. Bombing innocents for decades eventually has to come back and bite you in the A**.
So now we will just ban the religion and anyone who supports it to correct the problem?
Are we going to ban religion as a whole or just the Muslim religion?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

RADICAL ISLAM; big difference.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Ban religion? When did he say that? The transcript for the speech is a few comments up so if you could highlight it that would be really helpful.

Did you watch and or read the speech?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

Ban religion? When did he say that? The transcript for the speech is a few comments up so if you could highlight it that would be really helpful.

Did you watch and or read the speech?

Are you gonna answer questions or are you on Trump protection detail?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

i hate defending any politicians, but
whether or not he will flip flop, is for his followers to ignore. but i cant ignore this speech.

When I am President, I pledge to protect and defend all Americans who live inside of our borders. Wherever they come from, wherever they were born, all Americans living here and following our laws will be protected.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Pipe down and address the speech, not other Members.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Couple of concerns in his speech:

As President I will give our intelligence community, law enforcement and military the tools they need to prevent terrorist attacks. We need an intelligence-gathering system second to none. That includes better cooperation between state, local and federal officials – and with our allies. I will have an Attorney General, a Director of National Intelligence, and a Secretary of Defense who will know how to fight the war on Radical Islamic Terrorism – and who will have the support they require to get the job done.

The USA already have the biggest and most well equipped intelligence in the world!
Do you really want a bigger more invasive NSA?

You already have one of the most militarised police forces in the world.
You want a bigger more militarised one?

Remember those that sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither.

These actions, along with our disastrous Iran deal, have also reduced our ability to work in partnership with our Muslim allies in the region.

This is completly backwards!

Iran are enemies of ISIS and Al Qeida!

Its those "allies" Trump speaks of that are the ISIS and Al Qeida supporters!

Iran has nothing to do with USA or European Terroism!

edit on 13-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

See you in 20 mins

On Topic:

I agree the expansion of "intelligence-gathering" tickles my privacy invasion incoming senses. Trump has always been pretty steady in his support of the NSA which has always been a negative in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I called for a ban after San Bernardino, and was met with great scorn and anger but now, many are saying I was right to do so -- and although the pause is temporary, we must find out what is going on. The ban will be lifted when we as a nation are in a position to properly and perfectly screen those people coming into our country.

From the source, did you read it?

Also how will we know when we are in a position to "properly screen". Seems like he is just pondering to his supporters there with no substance.
edit on 13-6-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

As President I will give our intelligence community, law enforcement and military the tools they need to prevent terrorist attacks.

Funny you post that, that was the part I cringed as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join