It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court overturns verdict in Ventura defamation case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Appeals court throws out $1.8M judgment and orders new trial on defamation claim.

In previous interviews, Ventura vowed to move permanently to Mexico where he has a winter home, if he lost the case.

Court overturns verdict in Ventura defamation case

IMO Ventura should have stopped this long ago after CK death.

JV made is point and despite what Kyle said or did , his children were caught on the middle. I would have liked JV to have taken the higher ground and let it go long ago. He served his country and those innocent kids don't need to be put through any more crap.

edit on 39630America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jun 2016 12:39:30 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I think the verdict stands but the damages have been reversed (for now).

Regardless, Jesse has said that since Kyle's fabrication of the story, his life has been threatened, he has been accused of treason and has faced general condemnation from many, especially in the military community.

He didnt have much choice. He needed to prove his "innocence" or the fact that Kyle lied in order to generate publicity to spur book sales.

I would imagine that Jesse never wanted to be placed into this situation to begin with.

edit on 13-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Regardless, Jesse has said that since Kyle's fabrication of the story, his life has been threatened, he has been accused of treason and has faced general condemnation from many, especially in the military community.

The problem with that is, that Jesse had said all those things prior to Kyle.

However, prior to the Kyle incident he used it to his advantage on his conspiracy shows to show how close he was getting to the truth, that the gov't was trying to discredit him and threatening him.

So all he basically did was switched the boogie man from govt to Kyle which coincidently he could go after for monetary funds.

edit on 16630America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jun 2016 13:16:19 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I would imagine that Jesse never wanted to be placed into this situation to begin with

What did he think would happen? He could have stopped the case at any time.

I would be happy to see Ventura go.

top topics

join