It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 candidates react to mass shooting at Orlando gay club

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

"For now, we can say for certain that we need to redouble our efforts to defend our country from threats at home and abroad. That means defeating international terror groups, working with allies and partners to go after them wherever they are, countering their attempts to recruit people here and everywhere, and hardening our defenses at home," [Clinton] said. The former secretary of state specifically commented on the attack of an LGBT nightclub during Pride Month.

"To the LGBT community: please know that you have millions of allies across our country. I am one of them. We will keep fighting for your right to live freely, openly and without fear. Hate has absolutely no place in America," she said.
LINK

I was just reading the thread linked to below.

Trump Wastes No Time Politicizing Orlando Massacre

I suppose this thread could have been entitled, "Clinton Wastes No Time Politicizing Orlando Massacre." Isn't politicizing essentially everything what politicians do?

"Hate has absolutely no place in America." - Hillary Clinton

I find that to be an Orwellian comment. Emotion can't be criminalized or banned. Hate is a natural part of life. If she said, "Hate crime has absolutely no place in America.", I would understand that.
edit on 13-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
How many seperate threads are going to be created regarding Orlando?

Yeah, politicians and "businessman," such as Trump will use this event to push a certain narrative. This is common sense. The vast majority of ATS members denounce this with one hand then insert their own agenda on the other.

Some of you people are impossible to please. Obummer calls it an act of terrorism and everyone looses their mind because he doesn't say "Islamic." Hillary says "Islamic," and everyone looses their mind because she's pandering. Trump calls it "Islamic terrorism," and everyone looses their mind because it's "racist," or "pandering."

Just give it a rest and let those who lost their lives die in peace. Stop stepping on the backs of those who have lost their lives just so you can say "I was right!," (I'm looking at you Donald).

Not necessarily saying "you," to anyone in particular (and certainly not OP) but it's becoming all too commonplace to watch folks use warm bodies for partisan trolling and drive by "I told you so's!"

We are so, so, SO much better than this.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

just driving by to say"was san berdardino not enough of a warning for you"

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yes.

Shockingly, politicians comment on current events.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

We need to prevent this from happening again.

People in the LGBT need to be armed. If they want to prey on them they will be shot before they do much damage.

They should not be so helpless.The FBI failed these people. It's sad that this happened. What is to stop these murderers from targeting other unarmed soft targets?
edit on 14-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hillary is deteriorating mentally and physically. It's sad, but old girl has been through a lot of Billy-induced stress, and stress caused by her own_________(fill in the blank. Lots of words could go here.)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Has Bernie Sanders dropped out? Didn't see any TV coverage or ATS mentions of his Orlando reaction. I bet Bernie would NOT be too timid/scared/fearful/intimidated to label this as a "Radical Islam" attack on America.

top topics

join