It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar Mateen: Second Muslim behind a terror attack with ties to Islamic Center of Fort Pierce

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

An Imam at the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce, Dr. Syed Rahman, confirms that Mateen did worship at his Mosque, located on Midway Rd. in Fort Pierce.

This is the second time in nearly two years that Rahman has learned someone who worshiped at the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce had committed an act of terrorism.

Moner-Muhammed Abu Salha was a suicide bomber in Syria in 2014. He lived in Vero Beach and Fort Pierce.

He was considered one of the first Americans to carry out a suicide bombing in that area overseas.

www.wptv.com... -pierce

This is the 2nd terrorist to come from this mosque in the last 2 years. Mateen had been investigated by the FBI for contacts with the other Islamic Center of Fort Pierce terrorist Moner-Muhammed Abu Salha. Who is he?

The 29-year-old American citizen whose parents had immigrated from Afghanistan, had been in regular communication with Moner Mohammed Abu Salha, a fellow Floridian who was a member of al-Qaeda-linked Jabhat al-Nusra.

In early 2014, Mateen was put under surveillance for possible ties with Abu Salha, the son of a Palestinian father and American mother who left his home state to join jihadists in Syria.

Abu Salha, 22, was trained by Nusra in 2012 before returning to Florida in 2014, when it is believed he met with Mateen.

He returned to Syria several weeks later and released a so-called martyrdom video before his suicide mission in which he ripped up his US passport and called on fellow Americans to join the war.

The two were from the same town in Florida and prayed at the same mosque, the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

2 islamist terrorists from the same local mosque. I think that may be a good mosque for undercover infiltration. Would not be surprised to learn that they financially support terrorism abroad. Just a hunch I have from my understandings of mosque behavior in the US.

I wonder will the gays have to end up taking the war to the islamists? It is my opinion this will not be the last attack on gays by islamists in the US.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yeah but did you know there are some Christians who REFUSED to bake a cake for a gay wedding?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Yeah but did you know there are some Christians who REFUSED to bake a cake for a gay wedding?

I did hear that and I think I remember the baker being extorted with threat of jail or bankruptcy. Glad we got our priorities straight.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

So we should fight terrorism by refusing to bake cakes.

Confused, really. I know we all love cakes...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have to state the classic fact here that people forget.

Terrorists NEVER strike wall street, banks, political meetings, government buildings etc. ( 9/11 doesn't count bc that wasn't actual terrorism, it was our gov't. )

Nobody ever wonders why?!

If someone really despises the U. S. and it's policies, wouldn't they be inclined to kill the people in power!?
edit on 13-6-2016 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Damn! Those soulless Christians, really do sound like real scumbags!
We need to fight to put an end to Christian anti gay bigotry!

And I feel like we should speak more about gun control.

Never mind Islamist going on a bloody rampage.
edit on 121k2016Mondayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Except for the pentagon, naval medical center, naval ship yard, fort hood, the Oklahoma City bombing, federal reserve..etc

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Equally shocking or even more....The world is going to hell...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Its a good question. I guess the reason is that those are a bit more difficult to penetrate.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

If someone really despises the U. S. and it's policies, wouldn't they be inclined to kill the people in power!?

No because that’s now how terrorism works; terrorism is a force multiplier – get the most number of people scared, with as little effort and repercussion as posible.

If these terrorists where to attack “people in power” they would fail more often because those people are more protected. They would require more resources because those people are more protected. They would have less effect on the larger public because “I’m not one of those people”. And they would suffer larger consequences because those people are more likely to retaliate if it’s one of their own who is hurt and they have the resources to do it.

edit on 13-6-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Really? We're going to compare a mass killing by a radical Islamists to a Christian business who refused to bake a wedding cake? They have a personal right to hate or refuse to support a life style, but the minute they use that hate and their belief to justify taking a life, you no longer deserve to occupy this rock with the rest of us!

If a religious sect or a non-religious organization continues to engage in violence and murder, they've lost all their protective constitutional rights to exist! They are now treading on the rights of the majority who shouldn't expect to constantly have their lives threatened. We all know what happen to the Nazis.

Some may say, "Oh, it's only a few people who become radicalized, you can't blame an entire religion on just a few!"
BS!!! The belief and it's teachings is a catalyst for violence and murder! Would anyone want their son or daughter to join a group who has a track record of committing outrageous violence and mass killings. I think not.

The "peaceful" Muslims need to wake-up and see their religion for what it is, a wolf in sheep's clothing! Really, anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to be associated with a religion that harbors this much hate, violence and murder, ...yet the "good Muslims" continue to claim it's a "peaceful religion." NOT!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Relax. It was sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I suspect most terrorists are just little men-talities focused on small things and without the common sense to think about what they are doing. They get their moment of fame with the good of video they all make and a lot of virgins when they get to allah heaven, despite the fact that their bodies are often shot to pieces - again not thought through.

It also bothers me because were I to go down that route I would certainly aim for the men at the top, not the bottom - but these radicals are from the bottom of the pile and backward by hundreds of years. That is unless of course they are sponsored by the men at the top?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Except for the pentagon, naval medical center, naval ship yard, fort hood, the Oklahoma City bombing, federal reserve..etc

And the USS Cole and the first twin tower bombing.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Pardon me, but I meant to highlight ”Islamic terrorism” I know some of these were targets ( where does the Federal Reserve factor in? ) but more perhaps I should present the question more specifically.

Has anyone with any political clout, elitist ties, or anyone linked personally to TPTB died in a terrorist attack?

But just for good measure:

-The Pentagon, wtc 93 and 2001 were all government engineered.

-The naval yard was not a Muslim terrorist, nor was Fort Hood or Oklahoma City.

- I’ll give you the USS Cole, but that was pretty bush league. The amount of explosives used couldn't have ever sunk that ship. But you're right technically.

edit on 13-6-2016 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

HILLARY’S STATE DEPT. BLOCKED INVESTIGATION INTO ORLANDO KILLER’S MOSQUE

Hillary Clinton’s State Dept. shut down an investigation into the mosque Orlando killer Omar Mir Siddique Mateen attended because it “unfairly singled out Muslims.”

The Fort Pierce Islamic Center, where Mateen worshipped several times a week, was under investigation by both the FBI and DHS as early as 2011 for ties to a worldwide Islamic movement known as Tablighi Jamaal which was linked to several terrorist organizations.

But the investigation was shut down under pressure from the Clinton-ran State Dept. and DHS’s Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Office out of fear of offending Muslims, according to recently retired DHS agent Philip Haney.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Nah you need to get with the program, and stop with this false flag nonsense but if you blame Christians or Donald Trump you're good, in any thread about so called "Islamic terrorism" that is actually code for us to speak about Christians and how terrible they are.
edit on 13-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I apologize if I took you literally, but some posters who want to protect the Islamic religion would seriously use that as a means to justify this radical Islamist's mass shooting.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well if Clinton did block investigating that mosque, she might be having quite a bit of egg on her face.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

join