It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Wants to Reinstate Assault Weapons Ban in Wake of Orlando Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Facepalm America.

You give a child a lighter and then blame the child, you give a thief your wallet and blame the thief.

Have you seen 50 dead in a mass stabbing? or maybe 50 dead in a mass axe attack? No. Guns are deadly and have been for two hundred years yet many of you haven't figured that out. I'm sick of hearing about innocent people dying but apparently the gun nut lobbyists see the second as a penthouse magazine.

There is no need for a civilian to own an assault rifle. End of story IMO.

edit on 13-6-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

She didnt get the votes is the thing. Fraud in state after state..

another lie....she got 3.7 million more popular votes than "the bern"...
www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

An AR15 is not an 'assault rifle'. It is a semi-automatic rifle. You should educate yourself before you make such emotional arguments.

There are millions of AR platforms legally owned by law abiding citizens in the US. Only a tiny part of a percentage of those rifles have ever been used in a crime.

So what is your solution to the million of legally owned semi-automatic rifles that are out there, that have never been used in a crime?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Found this on Facebook, realised it is highly appropriate here:

oh cool....do you guys know this means most other countries mass shootings are suspect of false flags.....since Oz is a large enough sample of the world....

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Well Sir maybe you should ask the families of the 50 Orlando Victims, i'm sure they would've known the difference between an assault rifle and a semi automatic rifle before their family members died. My stance remains solid.

link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Facepalm America.

You give a child a lighter and then blame the lighter, you give a thief your wallet and blame the thief.

Have you seen 50 dead in a mass stabbing? or maybe 50 dead in a mass axe attack? No. Guns are deadly and have been for two hundred years yet many of you haven't figured that out. I'm sick of hearing about innocent people dying but apparently the gun nut lobbyists see the second as a penthouse magazine.

You my friend are really misinformed..... A VERY VERY VERY small percentage of all crimes involving guns are committed using as you put it an "assault rifle". Hell if you want to be factual I don't know of any crimes committed with "assault rifles" as they are defined as "any of various automatic rifles with large capacity magazines designed for military use". This was a semi automatice rifle not a machine gun. More people are killed every say with shotguns and pistols that with semi auto rifles that resemble military weapons....Check your facts.

Don't know the last time someone used a military machine gun in the crime or mass shooting. At least since the roaring 20's and Al Capone....
edit on 13-6-2016 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

link   

I have dozens of guns, none so far decided to walk out of its storage and commit any crimes. Please show me any that will without a person behind it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well done with the appeal to emotion. My stance remains solid with logic - you are advocating punishing millions of legal firearm owners for the actions of one person.

That is the exact reason why ineffective laws get passed that lead to unintended consequences. This site aims to deny ignorance, yet for some reason you espouse it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well Sir maybe you should ask the families of the 50 Orlando Victims, i'm sure they would've known the difference between an assault rifle and a semi automatic rifle before their family members died. My stance remains solid.

Aside from cosmetics, there is no difference. An AR-15 'assault rifle' and a Remington 7400 'hunting rifle' will both fire as fast as you can pull the trigger until the magazine runs dry. They're both semi-automatic. Pop a ten round magazine in either one and its functionally the same thing. Its true that there are higher capacity magazines available for the AR-15, but there's fundamentally no reason you couldn't make one for a Remington 7400.

This is also why 'assault weapons' bans tend to be such a mess, and how that 2013 Feinstein ban proposal, as another example, managed to both specifically ban and specifically exclude from the ban two versions of the Ruger Mini-14 purely on cosmetic features, but were functionally identical.
edit on 13-6-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Acts of one person? have you conveniently forgot Sandy hook and columbine because you are a gun owner?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Acts of one person? have you conveniently forgot Sandy hook and columbine because you are a gun owner?

Its certainly more than one incident, but his argument is otherwise valid. The actions of a very small minority are being used to cast blame on a group of tens of millions of people who aren't guilty of anything. That wouldn't be acceptable if it were applied to any other situation. Why is it OK to do so here?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Banning certain guns because of what they look like has got to be one of the most irrational positions imaginable.

I suppose this might be a point not worth mentioning, but I've not heard anyone call for banning the AR15 because of "what they look like". The primary argument I've heard, at least personally, is that it's capable of shooting so many bullets in so little time. The argument was that if just had a hand gun, the outcome would still be terrible, but maybe not as many deaths.

I am not a gun expert, and I am not putting forth any "expert" testimony, only reporting on what I've personally heard.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Melen

No one is making that argument specifically, but as a practical matter, its very difficult to draw a legal distinction between a semi-automatic 'assault rifle' and a semi-automatic 'hunting rifle'. As I stated above, it leads to bizarre legal interpretations where cosmetic features often matter more than actual functionality.

As far as the handgun vs rifle issue is concerned, its worth noting that the previous worst mass shooting in the US, Virginia Tech, was committed by a perpetrator using two handguns exclusively.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If we all got what we wanted, her hiney would be in prison for EVER.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

How about doing a little homework before copy/pasting ignorant lies?

MONASH UNIVERSITY SHOOTING - MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA 2009

2011 HECTORVILLE SEIGE - AUSTRALIA

LOGAN SHOOTING 2014

TRY AGAIN.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Melen

Just injecting a little bit of clarity as a firearms owner who hunts and also participates in competitive shooting, usually IDPA / defensive pistol shooting.

A semi-automatic rifle and a semi-auto pistol would shoot at almost the same exact rate, depending on the individual firing them.

DOJ stats also show the majority of gun crime in this country is committed with handguns, often related to gang violence and the illicit drug trade. (i.e. Chicago, Baltimore).

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Good thing my RIGHTS don't come from you.

They don't come from my next door neighbors.,

They sure as hell don't come from the state.

See because here in the US of A.

We have that GD piece of paper called the US constitution.

With those things called amendments.

We can begin with the second that talks about the RIGHTS of the STATE to have militias.

The RIGHT of the people to keep and bear ams.

Shall not be infringed.

After that we have the 4th,5th,7th, 8th that talk about DUE PROCESS and crimes be proven in courts of law.

We finish at the 14th that repeats those earlier amendments.

'Assault' weapon is a made up term to push fear mongering, and it's based on nothing more than on looks than function.

That anti freedom.

Anti CIVIL LIBERTY stance is as far from solid as it gets.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Sandy Hook ?

That one where Lanza killed his mother that passed all the state's 'rules'.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

I have dozens of guns, none so far decided to walk out of its storage and commit any crimes. Please show me any that will without a person behind it.

I think it's cause they are 'black' is why people HATE them.

The GUNPHOBES are on the march.

Rights will be denied.

PEople will be harassed.

No worries inanimate objects get up all on their own and go around killing people.

That's why they call it 'gun' violence after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join