It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 years ago scientists warned Congress on global warming. What they said sounds eerily familiar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I remember in 1975 they were worried about global warming/ (I meant cooling, silly me) cooling
Maybe they averted that a little to well

Believe what you want to believe I guess

Yeah ,there is that freakin name again, Gore. Wasnt that around the time he was digging the trenches for his upcoming internet he invented? Or the time he was supposedly living on the farm when records show how was living in a penthouse in new york ? We gonna trust that big of a liar ? I'm not.

Apparently some ignoramuses in government were warning against warming , while scientists were predicting the coming ice age. Showed how much all of em knew . (or was it just their group's agenda ? ) . But they were all wrong...

Back in the 70s
I think they were concerned about cooling, just their science was wrong and they made a big issue out of it.

I also believe in global warming, is it man made, to a degree I dont doubt it for a second.

I lost all faith in science of global warming after the East Anglia University leak, just fudged numbers to justify an income

Al Gore, just another politician with an agenda, his own

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Yeah , trying to make their billions by capitalizing on weather . Great , yet stupid , idea . Wish I had been the one to pull that one out of my rear instead of Gore and company. And the reason that this GW Ponzi scheme did not "take off" in the 70s(and I was there) was they found out that people on the average were wiser then and didnt fall for it. We fell for their "hole in the ozone" that has always been there and always will be. However fool me once....

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Raggedyman
Yeah , trying to make their billions by capitalizing on weather . Great , yet stupid , idea . Wish I had been the one to pull that one out of my rear instead of Gore and company. And the reason that this GW Ponzi scheme did not "take off" in the 70s(and I was there) was they found out that people on the average were wiser then and didnt fall for it. We fell for their "hole in the ozone" that has always been there and always will be. However fool me once....

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
Evidently an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee

or something like that isnt it

Politicians, where would we be without them

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

scientists have actually been saying it for over a hundred years
https://*medium*.com/@cimuir/we-ve-been-talking-about-climate-change-for-a-long-time-8e6eefa232a5#.ffouqd1a9

remove the *
edit on 6/14/16 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So, even 30 years ago, when there was most certainly dissent amongst scientists as to the foundation of the possible/probably rise in greenhouse gases, Gore was already claiming that there was a consensus.

He has been repeating that lie every since, and way too many people have heard it and believed it without actually researching the truth about the "consensus." Propoganda 101...repetitive claims made to the apathetic breeds a new reality.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

So, even 30 years ago, when there was most certainly dissent amongst scientists as to the foundation of the possible/probably rise in greenhouse gases, Gore was already claiming that there was a consensus.

There was a consensus on warming and the dominant role of greenhouse gases then. I know from first hand discussion with atmospheric scientists in the early 1990's that it was only 'cranks' left, and justifiable scientific skepticism on the basics was over.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Warming, sure--we are, after all, rebounding from the Little Ice Age, still, but we both know that this is not what Gore is talking about when he says that there's a consensus.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: mbkennel

Warming, sure--we are, after all, rebounding from the Little Ice Age, still, but we both know that this is not what Gore is talking about when he says that there's a consensus.

Yes, that's true.

What Gore is talking about is the consensus that increased greenhouse effect from human-added greenhouse gases will be the dominant influence in climate over the next few hundred years and it is in the warming direction and is geologically unprecedented in speed. And this consensus is scientifically justified.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join