It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Pic] How the 3 Presidential candidates reacted to the Orlando tragedy.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Oh, and one further thing. I DON'T HAVE TO AGREE WITH THEIR LIFESTYLE, just like they don't agree with mine. The LGBT is an organization designed to further destroy traditional family values. Homosexuality is a SEXUAL PREFERENCE. So, why we're acting like "love" has something to do with it, is beyond me. Attraction to someone of the same "gender" IS NOT LOVE! It's an attraction. Having "feelings" for someone, isn't love, either.

I think humanity needs to learn the Biblical definition of love.

"Love is patient. Love is kind. LOVE DOES NOT BEHAVE RUDELY.

The homosexual community doesn't "love" the heterosexual community, so why should those opposed to the agenda, have to wave their rainbow flag?

I mean, how much more.....in your face.....does it have to get????

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

I think humanity would do better to try to forget biblical definitions in general. And try to quit worrying about what people are doing behind their zippers.

The gay people i know are not in some kind of club. they don't have secret handshakes. And, to be honest, they are spread across the globe and have no community that I know of.
edit on 6/13/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: intrptr

Pull any picture of a Muslim extremist off the internet and tell me what weapon he's holding? I'll give you a hint, it's not American made.

Really? I got reams of video of them using American made weapons.

TOW missile launchers, for one. Little chance these were 'captured' or 'stolen'.

Googled...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

CLinton staying true to form.

From the way back machine.

Then WHY have YOU been arming them eh Clinton.

Lead by your party.

Her words.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Honestly from those 3 tweets the only one that comes across as politicizing the issue is clearly Hillary.

She made it about gun violence and was deceitful because the Guy was a security guard with access to guns, regardless of reform. Not to mention its not like fertilizer and pressure cookers couldn't do equal damage.

While I don't like trump and think he is very untrustworthy I see nothing politicized with his comment about being smart,vigilant and tough ?He is absolutely right with that statement.

Gary Johnson, was kind of a canned response IMO.

Out of the three I think Trump came across as the more real of the 3, which is something I didn't think I would ever say in regards to trump.
edit on 18630America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jun 2016 11:18:08 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

i see it more like this:

Trump took a moment to pose for pictures as people gazed upon his wonderfully coiffed ego
Hillary took a moment to beat her typical drum on gun control
Johnson followed conventional wisdom, mostly because he doesn't want people to think he's insane.

How about that...this election cycle, for the first time ever, the Libertarians are being thought of as 'the safe choice'.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The parasitic elitists of this world have repeatedly made complete and total fools of us, and we're arguing over which one of them was more PC in their statements. Who's more insane? Us or them?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Would you be so kind and agreeable as to answer Augustus' question?

What if one of your kids tells you they are gay? What will you do?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I am actually part of an organization ("Community") that has many gay and bi people. It's not scary.
I am heterosexual. I have friends who are not. I do not feel threatened by any of them.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

How to make America safer:

Step 1: Stop destroying other countries, and setting up radicalized elements for our own political expediency
Step 2: profit

Its really a pretty easy formula.

Dude, the underpants gnomes could use a man like you. (I hope you get the south park reference.)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
Oh, and one further thing. I DON'T HAVE TO AGREE WITH THEIR LIFESTYLE, just like they don't agree with mine. The LGBT is an organization designed to further destroy traditional family values. Homosexuality is a SEXUAL PREFERENCE. So, why we're acting like "love" has something to do with it, is beyond me. Attraction to someone of the same "gender" IS NOT LOVE! It's an attraction. Having "feelings" for someone, isn't love, either.

I think humanity needs to learn the Biblical definition of love.

"Love is patient. Love is kind. LOVE DOES NOT BEHAVE RUDELY.

The homosexual community doesn't "love" the heterosexual community, so why should those opposed to the agenda, have to wave their rainbow flag?

I mean, how much more.....in your face.....does it have to get????

I feel very sad for you right now. Based on that post, I doubt you have a clue what "love" really is. It's the most amazing thing God created, and it's available for all, even those who don't believe in him. And knowing/understanding it can be the greatest feeling in the world. I can love a dog unconditionally, with the same unconditional love I have for my wife and children. I am not gay, but I do understand that gay people can feel love just the same as anyone. I do hope you find out what it's really about one day.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I would take Johnson over the two other knuckleheads any day of the week, but IMO that was a safe scripted response and somewhat disappointing . Strategically smart perhaps but too canned and scripted for my taste.

No doubt trump would try to capitalize on any situation, but IMO he came across as the better of the 3 in this case.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Stop funding governments that sponsor terrorism or develop nuclear weapons nuclear weapon delivery systems or receive nuclear material/delivery systems.

Stop drone attacking civilians.That helps terrorists recruit people into their cult.

Actively promote a non-violent form of Islam over the radical version of Islam.

All homosexuals and transgendered people should be armed.If the terrorist wants to kill americans they will be killed on the spot by an armed hard target.

All radical websites that are not in the US should be hacked and shutdown by the CIA.

All countries/banks that sponsor terror have their assets frozen.

That's a whole lotta HYPOCRISIES, right there! Unless, of course, you don't live in the US of A. How do you not consider "drone attacks" terroristic in nature?

Did you read what I posted?

I said stop killing civilians with drones and only target known terrorists.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Someone really has a deep seated fear of the gay.

And you seem to be protesting too much.

I don't fear "gay": The cute little word homosexuals use for their PERVERSION. What i "fear" is their politics. Soon, being "gay" will be a requirement. And don't say, it won't happen. It's already HAPPENING! I have kids, and i'll be damned if any one of them tells me they're "homosexual".

Men have what is called: a penis. And, women have what is called: a vagina. It's that way, FOR A REASON. If you can't figure out the reason, there is no need to further this conversation.

So you want to force your ideals on other people right?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Look at those numbers. I think they speak volumes.

Trump
retweets-21,483
likes-51,618

Johnson
retweets-688
likes-1,227

Clinton
retweets-3,275
likes-7,690

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Media and politics keep separating Americans into divisions.

I don't know about that. To my mind its the case that 1) Americans are severely divided, as in "Balkanized" into different groups by many different interests and fault lines, that 2) the Media reports this and that 3) the crappy crooked politicians exploit the already existing divisions.

The media and politicians didn't create the divisions, the divisions arose for a great number of reasons, but they were organic, meaning that they arose from the populace.

More I'd best keep to myself, but I must admit to being sick to death and fed up with the whole scene.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I am actually part of an organization ("Community") that has many gay and bi people. It's not scary.
I am heterosexual. I have friends who are not. I do not feel threatened by any of them.

Indeed, and this whole idea of a gay "agenda" is absurd. Yes, there may be people in power trying to use homosexuality to destroy the traditional family or what have you but these people likely aren't even homosexual themselves.

If there is some kind of agenda at play, your average homosexual citizen is not aware of it, let alone involved. It's just so silly. I feel like most people that have issues with gays lose those issues as soon as they realize someone they care about is gay.

Being gay is just something they are, it is not WHO they are. My homosexual brothers and sisters are no different from me, judging them based on their sexuality is absurd.
edit on 6/13/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

Eta: on the topic at hand, I don't have much to say other than this is just another shining example of why I will be voting for Johnson again, as opposed to the two petulant children also running.
edit on 6/13/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

How to make America safer:

Step 1: Stop destroying other countries, and setting up radicalized elements for our own political expediency
Step 2: profit

Its really a pretty easy formula.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Apollumi

Look at those numbers. I think they speak volumes.

Trump
retweets-21,483
likes-51,618

Johnson
retweets-688
likes-1,227

Clinton
retweets-3,275
likes-7,690

It might if they had similar follower counts. I don't know if they do, do they?

If their followers counts differ much, I'd imagine it would correspond closely to the difference in activity around each tweet.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Only Trump can pat himself on the back in the wake of such a tragedy. What a complete scum bag.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join