It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Run, Hide, Fight??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Fact is unless your militarily trained

I am so glad you put that "out" in there. Else you wouldnt want to see this reply...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I guess when it comes down to it, I'm just old school American.

I'd rather empower, than instill fear.

"Shelter in place"
"Run and hide"

Is great for the women and kids, but some of us(admittedly very few) still embody a shred of the courage and fortitude that our ancestors had.

Maybe I couldn't jump into that river, or tackle that gunman, maybe to the "trained professionals" I shouldn't even try. But I'm going to believe that I can, and I'm going to know it's the right thing to do. If I try and fail atleast I would have had the balls to do it.

That's the kind of thinking that more people need, right or wrong, whether they would be successful or not. Getting everyone wound up into a fear frenzy and telling them to cower is a joke and frankly un-American.

It's a good thing we got WW2 out of the way back when my grandpa was just a young man, those boys got it done. They didn't grow up in a "run and hide" country, and thank god for that. We, as a country, could never fight that battle again and win.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I guess when it comes down to it, I'm just old school American.

Being American is irrelevant. You still have the same DNA biology as every other human.

I'd rather empower, than instill fear.

"Shelter in place"
"Run and hide"

So would I but facts are facts.

originally posted by: MisterSpockgreat for the women and kids, but some of us(admittedly very few) still embody a shred of the courage and fortitude that our ancestors had.

Maybe I couldn't jump into that river, or tackle that gunman, maybe to the "trained professionals" I shouldn't even try. But I'm going to believe that I can, and I'm going to know it's the right thing to do. If I try and fail atleast I would have had the balls to do it.

Not saying you shouldn't try or want to.

But chances are if a gunman opened fire you would freeze or run. Maybe you would fight?
You cant really say until it happened.

It's a good thing we got WW2 out of the way back when my grandpa was just a young man, those boys got it done. They didn't grow up in a "run and hide" country, and thank god for that. We, as a country, could never fight that battle again and win.

They were not just packed off to war.

They were trained and drilled relentlessly.

USA and UK front line troops and the troops that pulled off some of the most heroic and desperate fighting went through insane training, not even just before deployment but between battles. Fighting was pretty much musle memory and automatic.

You didnt just take a kid from the streets give him a gun and troop him in NAZI Europe or japan. They went through immense training and drill. Russia pretty much did and at the beginning of the war desertion and running were a huge problem, not because they were cowards but because they were not trained.

edit on 13-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It was referencing a mentality, but thanks for the biology lesson.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Run Hide Fight ?

None of the above.

There is a reason people attack those who can't shoot back.

Want to stop events like Orlando ?

Practice your second amendment right.

And don't let the anti gunners turn you in to a victim.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It was referencing a mentality, but thanks for the biology lesson.

Life is dictated by biology. It why you are breathing right now and writing on ATS.
Mentality is good before and after but during a event like that when the adrenaline kicks in your logical train of thought with switch off.

Some will stand and fight and some will flee.
And you can’t predict who will do either.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

Agree completely.... and if its a face to face, no way to escape I'm gonna die right now...then I'll draw my weapon and fire....and hope I'm a bit faster than the other guy...

I think gun rights opponents think the opposite. That we just wanna shoot 1st. Not true of a majority of us who carry.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Had to step out for a bit. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way though.. Thanks for all the replies.

I just think that maybe we need to put a call out there for people to at least claim that they are going to stand up to these cowards who bring guns into crowded places and start shooting. Noones reaction is going to be the same, but if we talk about it a little bit and make the claim that we're going to stand up and fight first instead of running and hiding, that in itself may be a good deterrent to possible shooters. And if the time did come where one is mobbed and dismembered, or at least overtaken and subdued by an angry crowd... Maybe these kinds of things would stop happening so often.

We need to make a stand against this kind of stuff. Not push a run and hide agenda. I don't think it works.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here we go... There needs to be a new category for accuracy and maybe even a new game invented or an app that sends throwing star blades out of the edge of the phone when thrown...

Keys, wallets, phones... Beer bottles. The shooter could have had the tables turned on him instantly and become the target himself which could have given those with the courage to rush him the opportunity they needed.. All we need is a slightly different mindset about the whole thing..

The cell phones these days could knock out an elephant if landed correctly.. Let alone a 12oz beer glass or full bottle.. My girlfriends key chain alone could bring down a running giraffe..

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

Get a gun.

Get a lot of training.

Shoot back.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join