It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Companies to Pay $67 Million for ‘Exaggerating Claims, Misleading Doctors’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
From Natural Society: Transform your health naturally

Full Title: Drug Companies To Pay $67 Million For 'Exaggerating Claims, Misleading Doctors'
Whistleblower alleges patients died due to false advertising
By Julie Fidler
10 June 2016

naturalsociety.com...

Two drug companies, Genentech and OSI Pharmaceuticals, have agreed to pay $67 million to settle a whistleblower lawsuit accusing them of misleading doctors about the effectiveness of a cancer drug called Tarceva. – By agreeing to the settlement, neither company admitted any guilt.
. . .
Shields alleged that the company had provided doctors and medical professionals with misleading information about Tarceva. According to a news release received by CNN, the companies had led doctors to believe that the drug would be effective in a broad patient population.
But Genentech and OSI knew there was little evidence to support that claim, and that Tarceva had been shown to be effective only in non-small-cell lung cancer patients who had never smoked, or who had a particular genetic mutation in the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), which is involved with cancer growth. The lawsuit alleged also that the companies’ promotional materials discouraged testing for EGFR mutation.
Read more: naturalsociety.com...
Follow us: @naturalsociety on Twitter | NaturalSociety on Facebook
. . .

Nice to see a good guy win, for a change.
Some of the names in this settlement have been associated with questionable to horrible things for many years.
If you know of someone who has been troubled in the fashion mentioned in the suit--it might be worth checking into.
And, in most cases, I still believe alternative treatments are likely to be better and more effective as with my close friend who's now successfully treated herself twice--many years apart.
At least, may all those in need of treatment be well informed about their options and the implications of each option. May they search out reliable and accurate information about meds, treatments, side effects and likely outcomes.
Cheers.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

"Nice to see a good guy win, for a change?"

Two drug companies, Genentech and OSI Pharmaceuticals, have agreed to pay $67 million to settle a whistleblower lawsuit accusing them of misleading doctors about the effectiveness of a cancer drug called Tarceva. – By agreeing to the settlement, neither company admitted any guilt.

A compartmentalized, hush fund payout.

Drop in their bucket.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

True.

Far toooo true.

Still . . . better than no payments at all, imho.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I only use alternative medicine,...awaiting the resident medical industry shills to poo poo your story,your source etc in 3,2,1

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I would too if I only had a cold.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join