It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin - Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners..................

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Ah the Politically Correct, or as we now call them PC.

The insanity of pc has no end, or does it?

In the land of the Blind, the One Eyed Man is King.

If you actually take the time to 'Listen' to what George Carlin has to say, i'll star you.

For what he has to say has a lot of truth attached to it, and PC people may not want to listen, being closed minded to all things Not Them.

edit on 6/13/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The man was a genius, but its odd you would pick him, because he makes fun of alot of the things you stand for.

At least you get thumps up for anything carlin.

edit on 13-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

ah at last we agree!

btw I do like Carlin and most of what he believes i agree on.

What things do you think we don't ?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

edit on 6/13/16 by Gothmog because: too truthful

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Whether we like it or not, the world isn't a comedy stage. Carlin was a hilarious man that knew how to make people think twice about things, but he was privileged with a stage and an expected context for what he said, comedy. People went there to laugh, often regardless of how inane or insensitive his material was and they went into it knowing this.

Not all people are living life as if the world is a comedy stage. Some take life pretty seriously and they're not wrong for that. Sure some people could definitely lighten up and be a little more open minded, but being serious about people's well being is important; it is surprising that this isnt common sense.

We're facing a time where levels of order within the chaos are starting to potentially infringe on certain rights and what people want out of their society, including privacy. This is the crux of the issue. Balancing order and chaos, implementing appropriate regulations in appropriate ways, and discarding regulations that no longer serve a beneficial purpose to modern society.

Obviously we don't want to pave a road for tyranny and an overy regulated society where everything is under "control." Equally so, we can't just let the rule of the jungle take precedence. Some countries are so technologically advanced and influential that it would be an absolute faux pax and massively irresponsible to allow a total degradation of order.

Just my 2 cents on the topic of all the PC stuff. Some of it is overbearing, people shouldn't expect others to just accept a new way of thinking and "deal with it." However, of the same coin, those that disagree with some of the PC stuff could at least try to rationalize as to why some of the stuff is being put out there. It's not always an attempt at fascist like control and some giant conspiracy. It's often about respecting others well being. I think both sides, whether in agreement or disagreement of the PC stuff, should try to come to some compromises while appreciating the diversity of each other's opinions and beliefs. People aren't obligated to get along, I realize that, but if we have a choice in all of this, I'd imagine people could at least live and let live.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Ok then...

Now i'll have a say.

First of all, The World is a Stage, and Comedy is what makes it bearable to most of us.

If it weren't for Comedy the whole world would be royally farked, in fact without comedy we'd look just like the Middle east right now.

To Live and Let Live ah yes, wouldn't it be grand? Well before this PC rubbish began that's exactly how the World operated. Now it's become so chaotic and PC driven our Educational Institutions are being overidden by it. To me that is highly UNACCEPTIBLE.

There is No Doubt in my mind that this is being perpetrated by the Unseen Hand 2 Presidents Mentioned before their Exterminations/Death. JKF was one Eisenhower the other.

If you cannot see what has been perpetrated onto the Majority by the few twisted individuals running this Rock, then i cannot help you.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
George Carlin - Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners..

It is fascism to isolate/quarantine people with toxic infectious diseases who deliberately seek to infect others!
Isolating them, condemning them, on two counts; the infectious toxicity, and the deliberate infecting of others.
There are laws and regulations to (allegedly) protect the uninfected from such insane assault.

Hatefulness is such a disease, and needs to be reigned in in exactly the same way!

But can't one hear all the 'believers' shrieking and wailing about their 'religious freedoms' to infect others with their toxic beliefs and hatefulness!
SOMETHING has to be done, no?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Quite the contrary, I see quite a bit, and I don't need your help in how to think or what to believe, although i do respect your opinions on the matter and would never discount you as simply wrong. In fact, i have a great appreciation for diversity of opinion and belief and hope people come to their own conclusions. Im simply trying to be objective and see both sides and in between. Perhaps my point didn't come across the way I intended. I do see some of the PC stuff as fairly ridiculous and way too forceful on some groups. However, I also see the logic behind some of the stuff that is categorized as politically correct.

As for comedy, it is a wonderful thing and it saves lives to be honest. To be able to laugh at oneself is very freeing too, in my opinion. I'm simply saying that not everyone sees things in a comic light and that doesn't necessarily make them wrong.

edit on 13-6-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Indeed it is, yes.

There is more hate in the world than there ought.

The solution to this, is complicated, however, if war broke out, people would band together as they always do, to make it work.

I am tired of all things PC, toxicity and demands. I know there is a hidden hand creating this deceit and dishonor amongst man, and it will discontinue once people become agreeable and considerate to one another.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Thankyou for that, i believe i understand what you are saying.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Awesome. I just hope that it all pans out decently. Heck maybe comedy is even our saving grace.

Anyway, sorry about the diatribe.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

No Worries please, all is well.

Cheers my friend

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Speech should not be silenced or "reigned in". There should be a free market of opinions and ideas so people can choose for themselves. That is the definition of freedom.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I had no idea that what so many now are calling political correctness was such a big deal, that it was such an infringement on a persons rights. It just never occurred to me until recently, maybe the last year or so. With all of our other rights that are presently under duress it still seems to me that this one is over blown and I just don't get it. This thing now about being nice to people when we talk to them about not calling them names, about referring to them like they want to be refereed to to me is simple stuff.

My mother always taught me as a child and as a teenager and as an adult (she never stopped) that if I did not have something nice to say about someone else then I should not say anything at all. It was just that simple. So when I was in my youth and asked to not use the n word, I didn't, it only seemed natural to me. When it was suggested to me to not refer to people with mental workings that did not match my own as retarded for the simple reason that it was hurtful, I had no problem with it.

My simple rule of thumb is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you, speak about others as I would have them speak about me. I have not once felt oppressed when asked to consider others feelings when using my ability to speak. Not once.

That said, with all the pissing an moaning about this political correctness going on around here at ATS I began to open my eyes a bit more and yes, I can see how so many other people are pushed out of shape about it. Those who want to call other people names are pushed out of shape about it. Those who do want to be hurtful, those who do want to belittle and and besmirch with their vast vocabularies of gutter slang tossed about like the putrid breath of a rabid dog, oh yes, these people ARE pushed out of shape by political correctness.

Now it is not my place to suggest who is and who is not one of those kind of people. That should be the work of each of us, unto ourselves. But it is my place to point out that even though there may be people who hoot and holler about political correctness because they feel it is an infringement on our God given right of free speech and feel that they are only defending free speech as defined in the constitution they are still creating a safe haven, a (dare I say it) 'safe space" for the hate filled to hide.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think i understand what you're saying here.

People who are PC are determined to create a world that is tolerant only to their own vices. The rest of us must adhere to them or be cast out of the inner ring.

The outcasts were here first, and the outcasts are the Majority, this is what i and many others have a problem with.

You cannot force your 1 percent pc agenda on the rest, it doesnt work that way, it will cause a war. Guaranteed.

People are fast becoming aware of the agenda the few 'Employees' aka Government are pushing on Us 'the Employers' who pay their wages to make things sensible livable and fair, for the rest of us.

What we see happening here, is a matter of Bully Vs Everyone else, and Everyone else is paying for this, just like all the wars the Idiot Govt has provoked, and pushed on the tax payer.

We don't want it. We dont need it!

Trump is the only Candidate who will even attempt to reverse it! Hillary is a bloody joke along with the current President in training.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

You say 'People who are PC are determined to create a world that is tolerant only to their own vices." I think you may be right here. Could it be that people who do not want intolerance but yet in attempting to get rid of it have become intolerant. Where the idea of creating a world where the minority are treated with respect where the lame and the oppressed and the outcast are treated with the same dignity as everyone else is a good thing, it has now become a 'be tolerant of me and my inability to integrate with society' thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Yes that is how it has become, intollerant for the majority and tollerant for the minority.

This is nothing short of Insanity by the 1 percent.

It is they who make the rules behind closed doors, they set the agenda for every fad and trend we see.

This will stop soon, and People will rise up and say enough is enough, as our ancestors once did.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
its pretty much the exact opposite

its one of those quotes that seems to be clever until you actually think about it

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Yes that is how it has become, intollerant for the majority and tollerant for the minority.

This is nothing short of Insanity by the 1 percent.

It is they who make the rules behind closed doors, they set the agenda for every fad and trend we see.

This will stop soon, and People will rise up and say enough is enough, as our ancestors once did.

Sadly I disagree here Aware. I do not think that the majority you speak of is a large as you would wish it to be. At least the majority you think will be rising up.
And while I think that the oligarchs are the one percent and that they ARE insane, I do not think that they set all the fads and trends for the rest of us. Some sure, but not all.

But most sadly I do no think that people will rise up like you hope. I think that they will settle right back down and wait for a leader to arise and guide them into the promised past that they want to go back to. And then, as you mentioned Mr. Trump, I think that they will be in for a great surprise, that he is not what they hoped him to be (just as Obama was not and Mrs' Clinton certainly has not turned out to be as people had hoped) and that the past he promises will be nothing more than a different shade than the one that Clinton is promising with the only difference being that people can call each other names.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

That is fine, i'm just glad you have class and didn't insult me like the asshole on the other thread did, for my simply having a different understanding than he did, for that i am greatful.

I think, life is what we make of it, and what happens, is determined by the will of the people.

If the peoples will wins it will be by majority.

This is life, and we're here, so we may as well enjoy what little we have left.

tomorrow is a new day, and good things always come.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join