It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believer in religions??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
thankyou paperclip,

but when it comes to pray, its all to complicated to me, dont you have to learn arabic to be a muslim?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You don't really have to learn arabic.
You have to learn how to pronounce it actually.
All Muslims pray in arabic, you have to learn the suras required and you have to learn them in arabic. But you do not need to learn the language itself. You can read the translations of Qur'an if you want to know what it means.
Arabic is only needed when you pray.

So, you need transliterations of Qur'an and audio files are very helpful, so you hear how it is pronounced properly.
If you really have the intention of learning it you should contact islamic communities in your town, local mosque or youth centers are good places to start.
In this age of information internet offers these things too, if you do not feel comfortable going to the mosque. Just google for Qur'an recitation and transliterations.
I am sure you can also find the descriptions of how exactly to pray, which suras you have to learn, when to pray, etc, etc.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If you really have the intention of learning it you should contact islamic communities in your town, local mosque or youth centers are good places to start.

we dont have a mosgue, the local council was against the idea of building one.
ive been reading up a lot lately about Islam just to build on my knownledge

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So you think im more off a muslim then?
im currently reading up about islam at the moment on the internet to get a better understanding

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
what is spiritual Islam?
Paperclip said i sounded like spiritual Islam, does anyone know what it is?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ahh, I should have been more clear.
Spiritual Islam is how I call it, a belief in God, prophets, holy books, but no active practice of religion, no prayers. It is just my philosophy.

Originally posted by infinite

im currently reading up about islam at the moment on the internet to get a better understanding

That is good

Keep reading about it. It is important to have as much information as possible. There is a reason why you are drawn to it, something about it appeals to you. Try to find out what it is.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or ask babyloi in his thread

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Ahh, I should have been more clear.
Spiritual Islam is how I call it, a belief in God, prophets, holy books, but no active practice of religion, no prayers. It is just my philosophy.

ah, i see
no wonder i couldnt find anything on google

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join