It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Believer in religions??

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is a question which has been on my mind lately, what religion do you fall in if you believe that the Torah, Bible and the Qur'an are all the word of God and you believe in all three main books?

Firstly, i thought that your religion would be classified as Islam due to Islam being the final installement from God and it covers the Torah and the Bible, but what if you dont practice Islam??

I have been reading up for days now trying to find the answer to this question, but i cannot find a clear answer to it.





posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
hmmm
I'd say it is spiritual Islam.
It fulfils all actual requirements given in Qur'an: belief in God, afterlife, all prophets, holy books etc, etc. , but it does not contain active prayers.

I have a few ideas about this, mainly philosophical ones, because that is how I believe.

I'll get back to you on this later, don't have much time now.



posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This is a question which has been on my mind lately, what religion do you fall in if you believe that the Torah, Bible and the Qur'an are all the word of God and you believe in all three main books?

Firstly, i thought that your religion would be classified as Islam due to Islam being the final installement from God and it covers the Torah and the Bible, but what if you dont practice Islam??

I have been reading up for days now trying to find the answer to this question, but i cannot find a clear answer to it.




My brother, I tell you, do not let this matter weigh on your heart, and confuse you. For you have faith and your faith has saved you. If you ask Jesus to tell you he will, tell you what you desire to know. Be patient, in time you will know you have a big heart, and are a beautiful human who has compassion for others. I tell you , Jesus knows what you are trying to do, and he will tell you what you seek to hear. Just believe in Him, who knows all.
Just to start this topic shows that you are one who seeks to learn about the Lord, and all things concerning him. Many who believe would not open themselves up to this topic for it can get heated when you involve different religions, for one shall say his religion is right and the other wll say his is right. Whose religion is right? Deep in your heart you don't need a bible, for you already believe, and from that belief will come wisdom, in time.


Peace
Realorritt.



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by realorritt

My brother, I tell you, do not let this matter weigh on your heart, and confuse you. For you have faith and your faith has saved you. If you ask Jesus to tell you he will, tell you what you desire to know. Be patient, in time you will know you have a big heart, and are a beautiful human who has compassion for others. I tell you , Jesus knows what you are trying to do, and he will tell you what you seek to hear. Just believe in Him, who knows all.
Just to start this topic shows that you are one who seeks to learn about the Lord, and all things concerning him. Many who believe would not open themselves up to this topic for it can get heated when you involve different religions, for one shall say his religion is right and the other wll say his is right. Whose religion is right? Deep in your heart you don't need a bible, for you already believe, and from that belief will come wisdom, in time.


Peace
Realorritt.

Thank you for that warm reply

So your saying that you would be seen as a true believe in God? so i dont fit into any religion,etc?



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
would the Bahai faith be the one for you?
www.bahai.org...

personally I think all religions should accept you, but from what I see around here, most religious followers rather alienate people who don't accept their version completely rather than embrace them and acknowledge common ground.



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I dont believe in any of them, i'd like to say im narrow minded to religion but im not, i just blatantly refuse to follow or conform to any of them, just my personal opinion i suppose.



posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
One doesn't have to be/have, "any" religion....you can just believe in god, treat others well and they way you would want to be treated!! Be the best person you can be.



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
One doesn't have to be/have, "any" religion....you can just believe in god, treat others well and they way you would want to be treated!! Be the best person you can be.


i see what you mean,
but seeings all religions are not united, you are kinda pressured to make up your mind

*goes insane*



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
One doesn't have to be/have, "any" religion....you can just believe in god, treat others well and they way you would want to be treated!! Be the best person you can be.


Can I not believe and treat others the way I want to be treated and still be the best person I can and still be ok?

Do I have to believe to be normal or excepted?



posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
"I was sent to complete the best manners." - Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) .



posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   


This is a question which has been on my mind lately, what religion do you fall in if you believe that the Torah, Bible and the Qur'an are all the word of God and you believe in all three main books?


Well if it was me I would just throw the religion out and Believe in
God.



posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by LadyV
One doesn't have to be/have, "any" religion....you can just believe in god, treat others well and they way you would want to be treated!! Be the best person you can be.


Can I not believe and treat others the way I want to be treated and still be the best person I can and still be ok?

Do I have to believe to be normal or excepted?


Well, if your asking me, yes...but if youre asking some others on this board........:bnghd:



posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
going to bump this thread,
i still dont have the answers i need to this question. I believe in all faiths, i study everything to do with God or Allah as muslims call him. Sometimes i even call God, Allah...so what faith do i belong to?



posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This is a question which has been on my mind lately, what religion do you fall in if you believe that the Torah, Bible and the Qur'an are all the word of God and you believe in all three main books?

Firstly, i thought that your religion would be classified as Islam due to Islam being the final installement from God and it covers the Torah and the Bible, but what if you dont practice Islam??

I have been reading up for days now trying to find the answer to this question, but i cannot find a clear answer to it.


Impossible Religion

You cannot be a believer in all three. Its impossible.
Ask each book who Jesus Christ is.

1.) Son of God
2.) A simple prophet because there is no son of God
3.) A heretic

That is what the three religions say. To agree with one is to blaspheme in the other.



posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The odd thing is, i am.
I believe all three books are different stages in Gods gift to man.
Its all to confusing to take it because i study both Bible and the Qur'an.



posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The odd thing is, i am.
I believe all three books are different stages in Gods gift to man.
Its all to confusing to take it because i study both Bible and the Qur'an.


Do you see the change over time that doesnt make sense then?

First, Christ is a heretic
Second, Christ is the Son of God who saves us from sin
Third, Anyone who believes the above is a heretic. Christ does not save from sin.

They are not compatable



posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
In my eyes, God cannot have children because he is God. Jesus was "Son of God" as in servant of God, not he actualy biological son.



posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
In my eyes, God cannot have children because he is God. Jesus was "Son of God" as in servant of God, not he actualy biological son.


Then this would make you muslim. They also deny Jesus is the son of God.



posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Then this would make you muslim. They also deny Jesus is the son of God.


But i dont pratice Islam thou,
i wouldnt know where to start either *shrugs*



posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Infinite, you seem to be the closest to Islam.
Muslims believe in all prophets and all holy books, only we think that Bible has been slightly corrupted. Nevertheless, it is a holy book.

The Jesus confusion is actually only semantics.

Qur'an states that Jesus was born of a virgin, he did miracles, turned water into wine etc, etc. In the end his mortal body was crucified and his divine part raised to God.
We do not use the term "Son of God" because it doesn't make much sense to us. Humans have sons and daughters, God has creations.

Apart from that little difference, the rest is the same.
Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Solomon, all those prophets are mentioned in the Qur'an. Same stories re-told.

So, if you wanna be on the safe side, pick Islam

It is an all-in-one package, plus you get an extra prophet, Mohammad.

If you think about it, all religions are about the fight between selfishness and altruism in us. The right path is described as the path of compassion, giving to the poor, denying desires to possess material good, forgivness instead of revenge, sacrifice of your ego for the good of others.
The sacrifice of Jesus is the greatest altruistic deed. He could have blasted them all away, after all, he is God's creation with special powers. Instead he chose to accept the inevitable and sacrifice himself for mankind. That's when God raised his divine part, and an empty shell was killed. The immortality and a high level of spiritual awareness was achieved through this action. Jesus is the prophet who is the closest to God. The end result of both views, Bible and Qur'an, on this event is the same: the needs of many outweigh the needs of few (or the needs of individual).

We all should strive to achieve the spiritual state Jesus is in, that brings us closer to God. So, the path to God is indeed through Jesus, through belief in him and what he represents.

If you keep all this in mind and read the Qur'an, you will see how much sense all stories make.




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join