It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Orlando Club Massacre: Was the Perp a Crypto Gay?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:56 PM
There is a line of thinking on the Orlando night club massacre that has a ring of truth about it and has nothing to do with terrorism.

I think it is entirely possible that the perpetrator of this crime was what I might call, at the risk of stigmatizing a group within the gay spectrum, a crypto gay. A crypto gay is someone who is gay but not relaxed about it and not "out of the closet".

He was Muslim. Islam is notorious for condemning homosexuality. He was married but after a short time began abusing his wife. Was this marriage for show, so he could "pass" in the Muslim community? It's entirely possible. His father made a statement, almost immediately, that what happened was not about religion. Bingo. I think Daddy doth protest too much on that point. I suspect that he knew his son was gay and is trying to paper over the fact. The son, himself, was quick to pledge allegiance to ISIL. Was that another way of papering over the fact that what was really bothering him was his homosexuality? He attacked a gay bar. Spite, resentment of the happiness of others, gay others, gay others like him who were not beaten down by family and religion? I think it is a distinct possibility.

It wouldn't be the first time that a crypto gay murdered another gay person. There was a notorious case in Texas where two crypto gays, who hated gays, used to hang out in gay bars and pick up gays to beat them up. They finally killed someone.

A lot of political hay is going to be made of this case but I wonder if the reality is related to a more personal problem than people generally suspect.
edit on 12-6-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:16 PM
a reply to: ipsedixit

This is NOT what happened.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:24 PM

It doesn't really matter if he was a closet gay and murdered people who reflected his gayness back at him because he was jealous of their freedom.

It was still a religiously motivated crime because islam is too bigoted to accept gays. Its the same belief Western society dealt with in the past and its a damn shame that muslims have to drag us backwards with some of their nasty beliefs and practices.

Doesn't anyone remember the Daesh leader who had a young man tossed from a building just after he had abused him?

Islam sadly in its current form is a threat to freedom and civil/human rights and it needs to be reformed by muslims themselves into something that integrates with life today and doesn't incite murders like this. Unless this happens a tide of hate will start against muslims and they will find themselves on the end of a few pay-backs.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:35 PM
Well that makes a hell a lot of sense . Not . Even I am unable to follow that logical progression . Folks need to quit trying to find something , anything to justify this type of BS.The justifiable reason does not exist.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:43 PM

Dunno. But his dad is a CIA asset.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:48 PM
Maybe.. .most virulent haters of homosexuals (or anything) are reacting to the "evil" they see in themselves and project that onto a scapegoat in the world... called transference.

It's why the wiser folks quietly chuckle when someone rages against homosexuals ... protesting a bit "too much."

But as to that being the only answer to the horrible actions... likely not. Too many odd connections about, though that aspect of his hatred could've been used.

Horrid, tragic events no matter it's genesis.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:54 PM
My opinion on that as follows. He was a wannabe cop. He loved the cops BUT he got rejected by the police force because of mental issues. Your theory could fit into this and he got rejected by either a gay police officer OR..OR!! a gay man was taken in his place. It's interesting to me that this guy was supposedly rejected by the po-po, lived in Florida AND worked as a security guard. This is like Zimmerman on steroids!! Earlier today people in internet-land were like "omfg watch out for those muslims!!!" you know what I thought?? Watch the F out for security guards out of Florida. They're all bad newz!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:01 AM

It's entirely possible as that does happen all the time. It's because they have a deep resentment about themselves being gay so they project on others and so on. Usually the most vocal about it too end up being the crypto in the end. In politics it's always the most anti-gay guy who's always passing legislation against the gay community who ends up getting caught servicing a glory hole in some truck stop bathroom.

But it could also be the radical Religious brainwashing against the gay community as well. That is easily enough to cause that same reaction as we all know. So unless there is some other information leading toward the idea of him being a closet gay himself I'd say radical religion is plenty.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:30 AM

You might be right.

I had a neighbor many many years ago who was a crypto gay, I had lived in an apartment complex and this neighbor live next door to me.

This neighbor was married and would beat his wife 3 to 4 times a week, we could hear him throw his wife against the walls and hear her screams, in many cases this would go on all night.

You could hear the neighbor screaming and shouting at her through our thin walls.

I had a partner at the time and he was horrified, he would tell me not to get involve, however one night I had enough hearing the poor woman screaming and went and knocked on his door.

The neighbor swung open the front door, and if looks could kill! I have never seen this kind of rage in my life.

The neighbor knew I was gay and had a partner. I asked him to stop beating his wife, that we could hear him through the walls, this has gone far enough and I said if you do not stop, I am going to call the police!

Nerveless he unloaded on me calling me every name in the book but my given name and told me if I don't leave he was going to knock me out!

I told him go ahead moron, then I will take charges out on him and he can sit in jail and get %&#@ all night.

The first time I saw my neighbor I thought he was gay, why? Because he behaved like one and had all the mannerism.

This man really hated himself and he certainly hated me and my partner, in fact I believe he hated woman altogether.

So I end up calling the police on him, they came out asked him a few questions and went on their merry way.

Then next night I get a knock on the door and the police are standing there. Yes, what is wrong I asked.

Police officer said that my neighbor call and that you hit his car in the parking lot!

I said what the %&$# are you talking about, I have not been out of my apartment all day. My neighbor came running out of his apartment to his car which was park next to mine and yes, it had some scratches on it. The police surround his car and I walked over to him and said where is the damage? He points to some scratches on the side of his car, however all the scratches had rust on them, they were old and any fool could see that. The police agree with me and left. I told my neighbor as I was walking to my front door Nice try &%#$@ your plan just blew up in your face!

Two weeks later we moved out.

I have never seen this kind of hate before, this man was full of rage all the time.

I do believe that there are men from around the world that are born gay, because of their religion and families and peers, these men live a miserable life, and a deep hatred towards the same sex.
edit on 13-6-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:31 AM
More on what the OP is mentioning;

Mateen’s father, Seddique ­Mateen, insisted in interviews Sunday that his son’s violent deeds had nothing to do with religion. He said Mateen had become enraged a few months earlier at the sight of a pair of gay men being affectionate with each other.

“We were in downtown Miami, Bayside, people were playing music. And he saw two men kissing each other in front of his wife and kid and he got very angry,” the father told NBC News. “They were kissing each other and touching each other and he said, ‘Look at that. In front of my son they are doing that.’ ”

More on him being religious;

But one friend said Mateen became steadily more religious after his divorce and went on a religious pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.

“He was quite religious,” said the friend, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity. Yet, he added, if Mateen had sympathies for the Islamic State or other terrorist groups, he never mentioned them.

For several years, Mateen regularly attended the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce and was there as recently as two days ago, said Imam Shafiq Rahman on Sunday.

Very well could be a mixture of both here.

The dad maybe wants to deflect from his guilt in influencing his son as well.

n one video, Mateen expresses gratitude toward the Afghan Taliban, while denouncing the Pakistani government.

“Our brothers in Waziristan, our warrior brothers in [the] Taliban movement and national Afghan Taliban are rising up,” he said. “Inshallah the Durand Line issue will be solved soon.”

The most recent video on Mateen’s YouTube channel shows him declaring his candidacy for the Afghan presidency. The timing of the video is strange, as it came a year after presidential elections were held in Afghanistan. Mateen appears incoherent at times in the video, and he jumps abruptly from topic to topic. His use of Dari, instead of Pashto, the language of Pashtuns, was another strange element of his presentation, given that he is discussing issues of Pashtun nationalism.

Also see,
Mateen Associated with Former Bodyguard of CIA Operative Sheikh Omar Abdul-Rahman

Omar Mateen was a follower of Marcus Dwayne Robertson, a former US Marine who acted as a bodyguard for the “Blind Sheikh” Omar Abdul-Rahman, according to news reports.

Abdul-Rahman was a spiritual leader of the CIA-backed mujaheddin in Afghanistan. In the 1980s, he “became involved with the US and Pakistani intelligence officials who were orchestrating the [Afghan] war. The sixty or so CIA and Special Forces officers based there considered him a ‘valuable asset,’ according to one of them, and overlooked his anti-Western message and incitement to holy war because they wanted him to help unify the mujaheddin groups,” The Atlantic Monthly reported.

edit on 13-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: Added more.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:33 AM
Just a thought but the news said he freaked out after he saw two men kissing in front a little boy.

Is it possible he was molested as a child by a man?

I just don't understand why a gay club as a target - after all, gays as a group in general, probably are more against wars than other groups.

I would think a group of conservative Christians would be more of a threat.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:33 AM
Crypto Gay sounds much better than Sexual Orientation Dysphoria. I mean if people actually believe that some folks are born with the wrong gender, then what's to stop them from believing some folks were born with the wrong sexual orientation?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:38 AM

Nope! Just a foreign hate job😈.
Grown up right here in the u.s.

Funny how it happens close to the elections. Vile!

Truly sick of this garbage. That took place close to home today. No I'm not gay. But family was involved. I'm ready to snap!
Violance on any living organism .

edit on 13-6-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Not the Op..

I hate Facebook. ..
But my cousin who is gay chimed in...
Honestly I want to Kil... hurt someone's feelings..

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:59 AM
a reply to: Metallicus

How do you know?

I think it's all too plausible.
Thanks OP, interesting thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:03 AM
a reply to: Informer1958

Notice the fire dept was less than 200 ft away.
Lucky for you I'm a career paramedic and Fire fighter... Farts no I'm keeping my crew safe. I have a fire hose. But this is not the 1960's... I'll keep my crew and apparatus safe. That's the police job. They have guns😊

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:09 AM
I have no kind words😐

Op.. go forward with you're thread 👍
I'm to filled with hate now. I'm ineffective

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:21 AM
Looks like grievances about Mateen amounted to nothing, as a former officer(of G4S Security) who worked with him said that he made homophobic as well as racial and comments about wanting to kill people.
One source

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:25 AM

WTF is wrong with you? Threaten to call the police if he doesn't stop beating his wife?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:55 AM
The shooter was a person filled with hate that had lost his humanity.

He had seen two men kissing months earlier and had become enraged by it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:08 AM

Thanks for sharing your story. You were smart to move. It is a very sad and unnecessary thing when people have so little in the way of personal resources and culture that they try to resolve unsatisfactory situations through violence.

From what I understand, the FBI were never able to establish a significant connection between Omar Mateen and Islamic extremism.

A law enforcement official told NBC News there is no indication that Omar Mateen was in touch with terrorists overseas and nothing to indicate this was a directed attack. Also, several officials say, there's no sign that anyone else was involved in the attack, either in helping Mateen or egging him on.

I suspect that the Islamic radical overtone to this incident might be no more than a convenient way to hide a personal and highly embarrassing inner conflict.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>