It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two dogs charge Police Officer. Ending may surprise you.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

ah, the old i was registered longer than you defense. wonderful.

call it twisted moral justice in one thread, call karma in another....or call it justice for those who's strength is to not fight back at injustice. call it what we may. i wonder what wed call it for the permanently disfigured innocent citizens, or dogs murdered so far just this year.... hmmm. being poignant is sharp and stinging hey?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

oh so i take it you are a previously banned member? makes sense, and no you will not slip away, you said this:

am i the only one who hoped he got mauled and grossly disfigured on the behalf of thousands of non vicious dogs killed in their own home

that's a disgusting statement period end of story, deal with it

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

buzzz .. try again.

your tactics is frankly not one at all...'deal with it' deal with what. hehe. .what?
so your ego needs to be massaged and think , 'you won' not what was even an argument.

on the behalf of the hundreds mauled purposely by k9s released by LEOs on innocents, or innocent dogs /owners 'accidentaly' killed at wrong houses, or not most of the time... i stand by that comment.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: Gothmog

Not to defend cops that shoot dogs or anything...but cops aren't animal experts. Maybe some have dog behavior knowledge, but to expect all cops to understand dog behavior is a bit unrealistic. Just saying...

There was a report of lose agressive dogs, and the cop responded appropriately.

You did see in the opening this officer had just been through a training class on exactly that , right ?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Mail carriers have always carried dog repellent spray on them. If they can repel approaching dogs, it shouldn't be a problem for police officers. This officer did the right thing by using his pepper spray instead of reaching for his gun. You can't always think just because a dog is barking and approaching you, means it wants to attack.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar

Hey Mate I was slow in response...however you laid it
out very nicely!

Cheers
Ektar

The officer was scared. If you scared , say scared. But , that is exactly the emotion that would have gotten him attacked . Dogs can sense emotions from a human. The dogs just picked up that fear and was curious as to why the officer (a stranger) had a reason to fear.

And you could have added the major item that I just didnt think to state. The dogs were barking. Being an ol country boy that should have been my first statement
Barking : back off (usually do not attack unless you exude fear or anger)
Growling - a warning . see above
A silent dog with hair on back bristled up and mouth shut with canines showing : The S gonna hit the F

edit on 6/12/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I did not see that, I must have missed it but good! I'm just saying we can't expect all cops to be experts on animal behavior.

I think we both agree that this officer responded in the correct way.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep
As best he could , not knowing animals. And having to have a "police sponsored class" on situations.
But , this police officer may react more strongly in the future. In the same situation.(I hope he learns a bit more on his own before then).
Things an Ol Country Boy knows from birth

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I thought the officer was pretty good and patient. You can't blame him for not wanting a bite.

The dogs were wagging their tales and both had collars on them so hopefully their owner will collect them from the pound. I expect they were lost and the owner was either at work or hadn't noticed it was quiet at home.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

The dogs only saw a stranger in the neighborhood. They went to investigate. Notice how the one stopped until the other one caught up ? If at the point that the dogs closed on the officer , if the officer had some doggie treats , he would have had 2 BFFs. Now , those 2 will remember what the officer did to them and react negatively.

Absolutely, good dogs doing what they do....maybe i am just bias but i like boxers, smart dogs ....

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Looks like a case of bad owners to me. The dogs, especially the boxer, just doing a lot of barking, which the 3 I had seemed to love to do. Thankfully they were all bark, no bite.

The dogs didn't seem aggressive, just protective of their neighborhood. Which again, is on the owners. Why were they running around loose in what looks to be a subdivision?

I'm glad the officer didn't really hurt them, but I sure hope the owners got a fine. This is how a lot of dogs get killed. Stupid owners.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Nicely done, by that officer!! Seen worse dogs than those two, in person, and no need to just shoot them. In that case, I think they did end up being put down, though, because they were seriously vicious, and killed a pat, after repeated escapes and threats.

This time, good training and a calm demeanor ruled. Good to see!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join