It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Habits of Patient People (And How To Have Them)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

5 June 2016

www.powerofpositivity.com...

Being a patient person takes years of building habits to stay strong in the face of frustration. Although we say patience is a virtue, we also think that not having any is a problem. Blowing up in anger when things don’t go our way is a problem with anger management that can lead to violent behavior.
. . .
10 Habits Of Patient People (And How To Have Them)
Patience is something that can be learned, although it takes time and effort. Patience is our ability to take as long as is needed to cope calmly and rationally with our thoughts and emotions before we speak or act.
1. Know your patience level
Researchers in The Journal of Positive Psychology studied patience. They identified three types of patience; interpersonal, life hardship, and daily hassles patience.
. . .
2. WORK AT IT . . .
. . .
3. WAITING JUST A FEW SECONDS MAKES YOU SMARTER
. . .
Researchers studied preschool children’s ability to wait a few seconds before getting a reward and found that the number of seconds that they could wait correlated with their cognitive ability, school performance, lower stress levels and abilities to cope with frustration as teenagers.
[That was the famous marshmellow experiment.]
. . .

I think this is an excellent article.
--It could 'save' [in a sense] your soul. "In your patience, you possess your soul." Luke 21:19
In your patience possess ye your souls.KJV;

--It could save a life.
--It could save a marriage.
--It could save a job.
--It could save a son or daughter from devastating rebellion.
Patience is healthy . . . it facilitates meditation, reflection, wiser perceptions, discernments and conclusions.
Patience is very attractive--particularly in a Man/father/husband.
And, no man likes being married to an angry impatient woman any more than any woman likes being married to such a man! LOL.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

9. BE PATIENT LIKE A GIRL

Researchers in the journal Sex Roles have found that women and girls are better able than men and boys to delay gratification. The science is unclear on why this difference exists, but it may be that women may get more training as girls to learn to resist impulses and this can account for the gender differences in patient people.

LMFAO!!!

Wow...who is this author to say such a thing? Are they a sexpert? WTF? That is the most stupidest thing I have ever read today.

"Be patient like a girl"

How about be "just be patient" [end of statement] Some girls are just plain dumb...but some are smart.

Hahahah, oh man...that was just a failed write up, I'm sorry

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

It often seems like you spew before you even read, much less think or ponder.

Perhaps you could learn something if you

FIRST

considered how an assertion MIGHT be true

before you tried to so brazenly and haughtily blow it out of the water.

Too often, you just come across as unaware and uninformed, rather than clever or perceptive.

In this case, it is highly likely that the average woman would typically, in more situations be more patient.

For one, they have to be patient waiting for 9 months for a baby to be born. And, typically, they have to be patient in a list of child-rearing situations and tasks.

And, then they have to be patient in dealing with often thin-skinned, arrogant, boorish, RAD afflicted, poor at communicating husbands.

Yeah, many men can be great at patience, too--patiently waiting for the 10,000 time for the little woman to finally get her butt in the car so they can make the dinner date or to church on time. etc. . . . Patient while the little woman explains the 187th detail about the 40 minute lunch with her friend. . . . . Patient while the little woman takes 45 minutes to decide whether she really likes the blue skirt more than the purple skirt and whether either one or both make her butt look too big, or not.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

It often seems like you spew before you even read, much less think or ponder.

Wow...you don't even know me yet you go on a backlash to defend this point #9 assertion...much like your UFO hoax thread you made and attacked everyone, including me, about its dissection.

Maybe YOU, sir, need to use the 2 second rule of patience before responding with emotions and assumptions.

Have a good day sir.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Actually, I waited quite a bit.

And, I think my wording in both threads was quite measured, even gentle.

. . . particularly in contrast . . .

I realize mileage may vary.

new topics

top topics

join