It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about the Yellowstone problem. As I am sure has been mentioned here, Yellowstone is showing signs of serious problems.

Here is a question I was considering. Don't animals behave strangely before a serious geological event? For instance, I wonder if the movement of the birds, particularly in that area can be tracked as a sort of early-warning system.

Of course this brings up the whole question of where would be safe from that disaster? Some here have had questions about a bulge in the lake, but he was saying that one side of Yellowstone lake has dropped by about a foot which made the other side seem like a bulge. Evidently the caldera is right below that lake, and the fact that it is sinking, especially THAT much is very bad. It isn't supposed to sink more than 1/4th of an inch per milennium.

Also, is there already a thread dedicated to people who are watching the area (seismically and otherwise)? If not I wonder if one should be started

-P

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The Yellowstone area is a super-volcano and could erupt again taking out large portions of about 4 states.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here is an interview we conducted with the leading USGS scientist over the Yellowstone region. You might find it interesting:

www.atsnn.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I read that before. The interviewee kept saying "no evidence" but he also kept saying that some of their equipment wasn't being used, or else they just didn't have the proper equipment in general. He kept saying that nothing unusual was going on, but didn't address directly observations that other geologists have made regarding various changes there (unless I missed something). Also, it is sorta in their best interest to keep something like that quiet. If it does have the explosive force that it is supposed to have, then no one will be safe anywhere. If the explosion, or the choking ash doesn't get you, the following ice-age probably will if I understand correctly. There is no evasive action, and only people working in the deepest levels of Govt. secret areas will be generally safe, and maybe even they won't be. I was also hoping he would elaborate more on their theories about how Yellow stone will errupt (he said that it would not be as spectacular as the one 600,000 years ago. Your questions though Val, were VERY direct, and pointed. I just don't feel satisfied with how he answered them personally.

-P

Originally posted by Valhall
Here is an interview we conducted with the leading USGS scientist over the Yellowstone region. You might find it interesting:

www.atsnn.com...

new topics

top topics

join