It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

NBA seeks to handicap Golden State Warriors.

page: 1

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:23 PM
So the first game of the NBA finals played in Oakland, had the Warriors pounding the holy bejesus out of the Cavs. In game two, also in Oakland, they snuffed them and made them look like a Jr. High team.

In game three, in Cleveland, the Warriors basically looked to be saying 'ho hum' and let the Cavs run through them like water through a sieve. Let the home town fans have a thrill.

Game four also in Cleveland, the Cavs were handled nicely in a 10 point visitor victory.

But during that game, Lebron James of the Cavs and Draymond Green, two notoriously rough and tumble guys got in a tussle and fell all over each other. Now Greene had been under close foul observation and was told that his next flagrant foul would result in a one game suspension.

But in this modern sport of basketball, the whole game is now ruff and tumble, grab and pull, butt and scuffle. Man it is a tough sport and ya gotta be tough to play it.

So James and Greene were in a pile on the floor and after getting up, James attempts to walk over the still rising Greene and Greene, then flicks his arm backward as James is passing by and in a pansey little swing, brushes James arm. For that foul, decided after the game he was charged with a flagrant foul and suspended for game five.

So, the NBA looks on and sez. Ahh, the Warriors pounded them at home and then pounded them at home again. Then in Cleveland on the road, the Cavs won one and then were handled in the second. One more win for the Warriors and it is all over.

So back to Oakland for the fifth game, where chances are being home court and all the Warriors were set to hand the Cavs their candy asses in one more quick defeat. Facing the prospect of diminished revenues for the league and the network hosting it, a way to forstall the certain demise of the Cavs and toss the series back to Cleveland for more revenue and then hopefully back to Oakland to wring as much money out of the series as possible, the NBA found a way to help that along.

And that is why I think that Greene was suspended for one game for nothing more than a pansy little flick of his arm.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:36 PM
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I don't remember seeing the flagrant foul on Green, but I remember a little scuffle between him and Lebron and supposedly Green got him with a low blow. If this is the case I have no idea why the Sports network isn't replaying the instance in which Green was called for, so it does seem suspicious. I saw abit of ESPN today and they talked about the 1 game suspension but never showed the replay of the foul, and they usually do in order to break down what happened, but not in this case.

I understand why he was suspended though, as it was his 5th flagrant foul in the playoffs or something like that and there is a rule that supposedly says the reprocussion is a one game suspension. Even during Reg season this is the case as well. I still think that the Warriors will win at home in game 5, Iguadala or however you spell it will just play a lot more, not a major downgrade, just gives the team less depth.

It is BS though that Green isn't even allowed in the arena during the game, so if his team wins the champinship tomorrow he will have to fight crowds to get in to celebrate with his team. That seems like the biggest low blow.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM

Or it is because he was on thin ice and did something he shouldn't?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:52 PM
Even if Green was on thin ice, nothing he did warranted a game sanction.

Lebron was pulling his typical diva nonsense and disrespected green for no reason when he tried to step over.

sure, there were some word said and some evil looks given.. but to sanction him for a game in the finals series is way off the mark.

There is obviously an effort to drag this series out for as long as possible or an effort to give the Cavs the series.

Wouldn't expect this crap in the NBA!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:58 PM

All I could find on a video of the flagrant, and I didn't see anything flagrant about it, and neither did the ref's calling the game. Chump move NBA.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:59 PM
a reply to: Sremmos80

Right. He was on thin ice. But what they call him on, after the game as I understand it was just the pansy little of his arm at Jame's back. I was wrong about them being in a pile on the floor. James had slammed Greene to the floor on his back like a wrestling move where you put out your arm and catch the opponent and quickly knock him backwards onto his back. It was as Greene was getting up and James was climbing over him to slow his getting up that Greene threw the flimsy little flick of his arm a James' back.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:04 PM
Should have been suspended after what he did to Steven Adams

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:12 PM
I miss the old NBA....

Like most of the major sports, MLB ( no hard slides into 2nd base), NFL ( skirts on QBs & WRs), NHL (don't get me started), the NBA is now a game of "don't touch me" "hard fouls = flagrant", and 3 point shots and LeBron travelling are the norm...

that said, warriors still win without Green

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:16 PM
a reply to: Mr Headshot

Yeah, that was some stuff he got away with there. I love Adams play. Always on it and in control there in the middle.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:15 PM
a reply to: Agit8dChop

He got fouls twice already for kicking low and he got fouled again trying to hit LeBron in the nuts

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:10 AM
It is just a reason to squeeze more revenue out of the NBA finals. Its almost as corrupt as FIFA(the NBA) I stopped watching it awhile ago since Tim Donahey blew the whistle on refs fixing the score and influencing the playoffs.
edit on 4092016xJune000000Monday13America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jun 2016 03:49:17 -0500 by BoxFulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:08 AM
I like Draymond, but he needs to stop trying to hit people in the balls.
Thats why he got suspended.
A low blow can lead to a fight in a hurry.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:17 AM
2016 Warriors 'fans' are so entitled and annoying.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:00 PM
As Steve Kerr said "It's irrelevant what any of us think. I'm just going to accept the decision and move on." From what I read, Green called James the "b" word twice on game 4. The only other player that I know that called James the b-word to his face was Noah.

It's also fun reading the word-war between James and Curry, Thompson and Speights. It'll be an interesting game to watch even if James already prepared his new alibi for losing yet again against the Warriors.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:48 PM
a reply to: exsanguination45

2016 Warriors 'fans' are so entitled and annoying.
Yeah, but ain't it fun to back a winner?

top topics