It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What law would have stopped the Orlando shooting??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

None, but 100 dead Imans is a good start!
Two for one!
Three for one!
And their families!

edit on 13-6-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

You are one of the few that actually have a clue!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Two for one!
Three for one!
And their families!

My father's an Imam. So you want me and my family to die because of a crime committed by someone in a different state?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Lets be honest the vast majority of Muslims are people that would be great friends and neighbors...

as mentioned in other threads this appears to be a more radical sect of the Muslim faith, blaming all Muslims is the same as blaming all Christians for the abortion clinic bombings.

so lets pivot back to the original question, laws that would prevent this...

my personal feeling is you cant stop these events with laws... look at Israel and how hard they crack down on the Palestinians, it doesnt stop the hate and the fights.

we have to figure out another way to address this, taking my guns wont stop a psycho from killing people, in fact if a wand was waved and all private firearms were removed over night there would still be mass events.

people that are radicalized will find ways to attack no matter what the law is.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha
any religion that preaches hate should be outlawed.
There is no difference between hate that is being preached from a pulpit and hate that is being preached at a KKK rally or neo-natzi meeting.Inciting a riot or hate crimes is not protected under the right to free speech.When religion is outlawed (and make no mistake about it religion will be outlawed in the future) it will be because of all the hate that religion incites.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The title pretty much says it all... people keep saying we need common sense laws to prevent things like this...

I would love if someone could explain a law that would prevent a mass shooting, seems to me we already have enough laws on the books... and in the case of Orlando, the FBI looked into the guy twice, and closed the case.. he called 911 to say what he was going to do and it seems like the police were slow to respond.

So someone... I dont care about what country you are from, or your political leaning... within the confines of established law, and the constitution what law would have prevented this tragedy?

Personally I think the guns are pretty far down on the list of reasons this is happening.

He was investigated by the FBI twice as a possible terrorist sympathizer. Congress recently voted down adding people from the Terrorist Watch List to the "can't buy guns" list on background checks. Would not being able to buy an assault rifle have stopped him? No. Would it have meant fewer casualties? Yes.

Honestly, laws can't stop hate. Leaders who demonize entire races and religions stoke the fires of the hate, though.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Average American citizens have been attacked, and the first thing people and politicians say is, that we need to disarm the average American citizen.

Who has said ANYTHING about "disarming"? Stop your disinfo campaign and speak honestly.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Honestly, I don't think any laws can prevent homicides. Though a complete gun ban would obviously decrease the number of gun related deaths, particularly suicides and mass shootings. But that will never happen in the US without a new constitutional amendment to overrule the 2nd Amendment.

The real problem is our stupid infatuation with using violence to solve our problems. This goes from politicians and law enforcement down to parents and significant others. As long as people think the best way to deal with their problems is by using violence, we'd still be having this conversation anyway.

So along that line, maybe we need to make laws mandating counseling sessions, regular mental health checkups, and sessions to teach coping mechanisms. I know that's not realistic though. But I think learning basic coping mechanisms would help many people tremendously.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Abysha
any religion that preaches hate should be outlawed.
There is no difference between hate that is being preached from a pulpit and hate that is being preached at a KKK rally or neo-natzi meeting.Inciting a riot or hate crimes is not protected under the right to free speech.When religion is outlawed (and make no mistake about it religion will be outlawed in the future) it will be because of all the hate that religion incites.

Then they also need to go after AM talk radio shock jocks. Because they say stuff like this:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: namelesss

Two for one!
Three for one!
And their families!

My father's an Imam. So you want me and my family to die because of a crime committed by someone in a different state?

I an not seriously suggesting that anyone kill anyone!
It was hyperbolic.
I was pointing out how hate, if allowed to spread, is highly contagious and toxic.
I'm sure that if people were honest, there would be thousands repeating what I said, but seriously, who did NOT feel that way before the shooting!

Logically, if that Imam were correct, in that murdering gays is an act of 'Compassion' (what blasphemy!), according to that logic, it would also be an act of 'Compassion' to murder Imams so they no longer are suffered to live in a world filled with gays!

Personally, I know where all this crap is going, so, I have no involvement at all in the 'politics'.
It is all working perfectly!
God is One!
All murderers are the Right Arm of God!
All 'right arms' are God's right arms!
Let everyone kill each other.
Have at it.
I have my life to live, and it seems that the world is a better place for it.
Philosophers do not run off and kill people!
Neither do the unconditionally Loving.
'Feelings' come and go, but only the insane 'believe' their thoughts and feelings!

No one ever deliberately harms others unless infected with 'beliefs'!

I assume that your dad is not an insane person committing violence on his brothers and sisters!
If he is, he should be isolated and healed!
That's what God's Love is all about, not the insanity of 'violence' and 'revenge' and vainly imagining murder to be 'Compassion'!

Compassion is an unconditional Virtue of unconditional Love/Enlightenment, and is seen in company of othe Virtues;

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity ('Charity' is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: namelesss

You are one of the few that actually have a clue!

Sigh...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join