It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What law would have stopped the Orlando shooting??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

There is no law to fix these things. People will do what they do, good or bad. Guns are killing less people every year than opiates. How is the war on drugs working out?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I doubt any of the more realistic gun law proposals would have made any practical difference. They rarely do.

On the flip side, perhaps if we banned gun-free zones and allowed people the right to defend themselves, at least they might have a chance in a case like this.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
No laws would have prevented this, if one wants a gun, they can get it from black markets. Had the FBI had done something about this person before hand as they knew about him & they done nothing. Inaction from authorities is the blame here imo

www.tmz.com...
edit on 12-6-2016 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What law?

Well, since he was a Security Guard who had a gun license and a registered Guard Card, he was a symbol of 'The Law".

You can't get anymore "Legal" than that other than being a police OFFICER, an officer of the COURT, or an OFFICER of the Military.

So you're left with pretty much two choices.

1) Ban Guns and repeal the Second Amendment entirely

or

2) Allow Open or Concealed Carry for Citizens to give them a fighting chance, send a message we're armed, and put guys like this on notice we won't be sheep led to slaughter.

My two cents.
edit on 163pm3009America/Chicago16CDT09America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GorillaSnoop

Statistically, lawfully , this works for Australia

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So far so good.

As for the war on drugs, ask the people who are waging thing how its going. Or ask portugal how its going after their decriminalization of all drugs. Look at their death rate via opiods... conpared to the US.
edit on 12-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
What law?

Well, since he was a Security Guard who had a gun license and a registered Guard Card, he was a symbol of 'The Law".

You can't get anymore "Legal" than that other than being a police OFFICER, an officer of the COURT, or an OFFICER of the Military.

So you're left with pretty much two choices.

1) Ban Guns and repeal the Second Amendment entirely

or

2) Allow Open or Concealed Carry for Citizens to give them a fighting chance, send a message we're armed, and put guys like this on notice we won't be sheep led to slaughter.

My two cents.

You seriously want to introduce firearms into an intoxicated population? Have you seen the bar fights in the South, and now you want to include guns, seriously WTF?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Maybe a law preventing the FBI from using informants to radicalize and let people like this slip through the cracks?

My gut tells me this guy was ignored intentionally to be used in an FBI sting. He was probably pushed to radical action by FBI informants. He may or may not have gotten out of their control.

In either case, we will never know. The people who fund and carry out these informant programs know how to cover their tracks.

The guy was born in the USA, and you're telling me that 3 months ago was the first time he's seen two gay men kiss? No, I don't believe that for a second. My conspiracy-sided brain tells me that this guy was propped up, encouraged, and pushed into this by elements of our own government.

The timing before an election is also suspect.

Perhaps it wasn't planned for him to kill anyone, let alone 50 people ... but the facts are out there that the FBI regularly engages in informant stings and undercover/covert programs to push non-radicals into becoming radicals.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Average American citizens have been attacked, and the first thing people and politicians say is, that we need to disarm the average American citizen.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Average American citizens have been attacked, and the first thing people and politicians say is, that we need to disarm the average American citizen.

I would not agree to disarming, but Jesus, firearms in a bar, this is not going to turn out well.

I honestly would agree, but I do not want to be in a bar with a bunch of drunk ass people with guns. We have had two accidental shooting in KC in the last 6 months, one guy shot his old lady in the leg.
edit on 6/12/2016 by BubbaJoe because: I needed to

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I'll take a room full of armed drunk rednecks over being unarmed with a muslim jihadist.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
I would not agree to disarming, but Jesus, firearms in a bar, this is not going to turn out well.

I honestly would agree, but I do not want to be in a bar with a bunch of drunk ass people with guns. We have had two accidental shooting in KC in the last 6 months, one guy shot his old lady in the leg.

Just a guess, but I have a feeling that the people you'd have to worry about in that situation are already carrying firearms in bars, laws be damned.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
honestly laws only exist for the purpose of punishing people after a crime has been committed and does not stop crime at all, i see it this way; if a crime never happens to you then you got lucky. if anything the reason most people don't commit crimes is because their livelihood might be threatened and even then can you honestly say most people or even you never slip up or fall to temptation and have never violated a law or two?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'll take a room full of armed drunk rednecks over being unarmed with a muslim jihadist.

I will take the armed drunk rednecks as well, until pistols get pulled over a woman. I have no problem with guns, I have problems with some of those that own them. As far as a muslim jihadist, martial arts has invented a way to take care of folks like that.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe we should impose Sharia law to stop this violemce? Maybe we shoud elect a Muslim President? We could always french kiss them with a whte flag. We could impose martial law and take all legal registered guns away, and cart all Americans off to prison who refuse, or just shoot them.

Or just maybe we should just research what works and do that, and that alone

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Eradication of religion.

Hey this is about laws . Not about anti-religion . You need to research how many religions there are in the world and compare . Outside of making great soldiers , have you ever heard of a Sikh performing a deed like this ? Go all the way back in history as far as you can...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Proper vetting of who comes into America!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

a sign in the window saying,"NO MUSLIMS ALLOWED" maybe?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: Irishhaf
The title pretty much says it all... people keep saying we need common sense laws to prevent things like this...

I would love if someone could explain a law that would prevent a mass shooting, seems to me we already have enough laws on the books... and in the case of Orlando, the FBI looked into the guy twice, and closed the case.. he called 911 to say what he was going to do and it seems like the police were slow to respond.

So someone... I dont care about what country you are from, or your political leaning... within the confines of established law, and the constitution what law would have prevented this tragedy?

Personally I think the guns are pretty far down on the list of reasons this is happening.

I believe we have laws still on the books that qualifies who is taken into the U.S. on a refugee basis. Immigration was heavily restricted into the U.S. from circa 1948 until 1962. Enforcement would go a longs way to improving our lot. Not another excuse for 'new laws'.

You are correct.

On my visits to the USA it clearly states on my visa waiver form the USA reserves the right to deny me entry or revoke my right of entry at any time with or without reason.

The law is there. Its just not used.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat

a sign in the window saying,"NO MUSLIMS ALLOWED" maybe?

And how can that be enforced?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
A law that makes it compulsory for every citizens or anyone else visiting/crossing the border to be implanted with a chip that tracks and stores every movement of said person. The chip also includes two options, one the "pause" button which can be used to put whole areas in paralysis to prevent further escalations and the other option is the kill switch for when it is needed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join