It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turks in the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I remember once seeing that there was a Indian tribe in the US were turks. They are called Meluncan or something like that. Meluncan means the dammed in Turkish. They supposedly arrived in the US from 1000-1400 or so.

Does anybody know if this is true? Or haves more information about this?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
There are many tribes, including my Tsalagi People, who have incorporated elements of the Melungeon People over the ages. The Melungeon People like to say, 'I pledge to live by our Melungeon creed, "One People, All Colors."'

Over the Ages, since the invention of the sailing canoe, Peoples have come and gone in all directions across all seas, in small and large groups, for peace or war, as castaways, captains and slaves. American Indian DNA is in Turkey, and Turkish DNA can be found in Melungeon People.

That is why the Native Americans try to teach that All Men Are Brothers. We know because of this that in a very real sense the present Gulf war is another War Among Brothers; an upstart philosophy (Islam) is causing Americans and their distant Relatives to fight. It would be better to remember we are Brothers, and to replace hatred and war with a new Vision of peace. Until then, we are destined to fight each other. May Freedom Prevail.

I hope your post will help people to realize the War is a family dispute, and that in our warring we must preserve the innocent lives of those we hope to liberate. Weapons of mass destruction have no place in a war between Brothers. Imams take note: we can live together without butchering each other.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Chakotay]

join