It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Engineering: Proof That Media Exposure Can Warp Gender Identity In Adult Men

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Annee

Glad someone gets it. 😃

Hey. my fave as a kid was Daffy Duck.

He was cool, and carried a big Mallet.

"Friendship is Magic" - - - way better.

But, after the kids are asleep, Google DeviantArt "My Little Pony".
edit on 12-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Cagliost it's not about not 'getting it'.

But explaining it is getting 'lost' on you.

I'd never show kids sh't cartoons to begin with.

If you want to show

Kindness
Caring
Love
Honesty
etc etc etc..

You don't have to watch a Pink and Green Unicorn named booboo with effeminate features and personalities to instill that in someone.

Go out and Be Kind, Be Caring Be Honest Children learn this from their Parents no Unicorn created by big Television Media Company making Billions off people watching needed.
edit on 6/12/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Annee Thanks Annee, I'm not getting how the show would effect gender identity in adult males if anyone can be a bronie... exchange stickers and drink juice and what not.😊

It doesn't. One of the dumbest things ever posted on ATS.

Any person that's into the metaphysical/spiritual vibe will get it.

Its about the 5 Elements of Harmony. You have to have all 5 for the Magic to work. Basically, How to be a Good Friend.

1. Honesty
2. Kindness
3. Laughter
4. Generosity
5. Loyalty
6. Magic

When Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, work together they create Magic. Friendship.
😊I think more people should practice bronyism...the world might just benefit.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: daryllyn

Wrong! Funnily enough, I was wise enough to know it was that broader more complex concept. You all hammering me that I was wrong in my word usage merely got me sweating for a moment that I might be.

The fact that the group of you set about in such fashion, as the proponents of it, well something ought to be said about that (i.e. you dont even know, or you deliberately lied to advance your position, etc).

You were not correct in the assumption that this thread was based on. Watching a show, liking a show, being part of a fandom..... Is not what makes someone trans. Even dressing up in cosplay isn't what makes someone trans.

What makes, or doesn't make, someone trans, has nothing to do with your misguided opinions.

I'll stick by my earlier assertion that this thread was nothing but a thinly veiled jab at the trans community, stemming from your own discomfort, which most likely stems from your own insecurities.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

You don't have to watch a Pink and Green Unicorn maned booboo with effeminate features and personalities to instill that in someone.

Go out and Be Kind, Be Caring Be Honest Children learn this from their Parents no Unicorn created by big Television Media Company making Billions off people watching needed.

Why do you think I know about it?

I sit with my kid and watch his shows with him.

That's why I know how much the Disney girl targeted shows suck (granddaughter).

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee Thanks Annee, I'm not getting how the show would effect gender identity in adult males if anyone can be a bronie... exchange stickers and drink juice and what not.😊

It doesn't. One of the dumbest things ever posted on ATS.

Any person that's into the metaphysical/spiritual vibe will get it.

Its about the 5 Elements of Harmony. You have to have all 5 for the Magic to work. Basically, How to be a Good Friend.

1. Honesty
2. Kindness
3. Laughter
4. Generosity
5. Loyalty
6. Magic

When Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, work together they create Magic. Friendship.
😊I think more people should practice bronyism...the world might just benefit.

I think so too

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Ah we agree on something

Yes Disney does mostly suck.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
awareness10

No, I get it perfectly fine. I simply disagree with your conclusions (and, by default, those opined in the OP), which is fine. I don't expect to change any opinions, dig?

However, this:

You don't have to watch a Pink and Green Unicorn maned booboo with effeminate features and personalities to instill that in someone.

I agree with completely.

A parent's direction is much more influential to a child's growth than any cartoon. Unfortunately children want cartoons and there is nothing wrong with letting them watch.

Certainly nothing wrong with adults watching them.

It's just awkward that the OP is stated as proof when all I see is opinion .
edit on Cpm9Sunday2320163330Sun, 12 Jun 2016 21:23:33 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: FNORD

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Cagliost it's not about not 'getting it'.

But explaining it is getting 'lost' on you.

I'd never show kids sh't cartoons to begin with.

If you want to show

Kindness
Caring
Love
Honesty
etc etc etc..

Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever learned anything from watching cartoons as a kid...I was simply entertained. I don't believe it so easy to socially engineer people through cartoons.

People like what they do and don't like what they don't

I don't really care that people gather together and exchange stickers and drink juice, but my inner child is a little jealous.

I might start a Pokemon club... or Tortoro club and instill that planting acorns is good.

link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I have known more than one "Bronie" both online and IRL, none of them had even begun to consider themselves transgender. In fact, one was a father of three beautiful girls and just happened to enjoy the show himself. Can you guess who it is?

Me. It's me. I can verify, that after years of MLP, I am not gay, bi, curious or trans.

Odd...

So is Kaitlyn jenner so whats your point. Recently (decades into his life) in the current social climate he decided he is/wanted to be a woman l... And now that he had his sex change he didnt only change his sex but also his mind. He made a mistake.

link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

It goes way beyond that. You're thinking too small. My local radio jock was going on about a store that opened up in Chicago where adults like to dress, act and experience babydom. In that it's some fetish where adults wear diapers and can buy adult size baby # like walkers, jumpers, strollers and cribs.

For those who want the experience but don't have the room, they can rent the equipment there by the hour.

....it's conditioning. Just like they conditioned us to break up the family through work, they are doing it through our sexual identity.

Crazy thing....it's working. Right before our eyes.

Yeah, I've heard of that fetish. Apparently one person who was "outed" as having that kink was failed Louisiana Governor candidate and current US Senator David Vitter. (Who would ever have guessed a reputable republican would get caught up in such things?) LOL

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
And now that he had his sex change he didnt only change his sex but also his mind. He made a mistake.

Complete made up crap.

But, those like you believe it because they want to.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Probably not, but that's how subliminals work, you don't have to think you just watch.

Just wait till the transgender, cis gender, planet gender and what other gender benders people can dream up cartoons come out.

I liked Garfield.

I don't watch Garfield anymore, i grew out of it.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
everyone

I honestly don't understand what that has to do with my post... sorry.

Oh wait, because I said I had kids? And so does Jenner? Some people end up repressed their entire life. As was Jenner, in my opinion. Who knows what Jenner is thinking. Its not my business. Like I said earlier in the thread, I don't follow the Kardashians.

*shrugs*

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Then may we part, and agree to disagree on that which we disagree on.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
awareness10

So mote it be, Soul Sista. ✌

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

a reply to: peppycat

Probably not, but that's how subliminals work, you don't have to think you just watch.

Just wait till the transgender, cis gender, planet gender and what other gender benders people can dream up cartoons come out.

I liked Garfield.

I don't watch Garfield anymore, i grew out of it.

I never got Garfield.

I think he reminds me of Donald Trump.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
You were not correct in the assumption that this thread was based on. Watching a show, liking a show, being part of a fandom..... Is not what makes someone trans. Even dressing up in cosplay isn't what makes someone trans.

What makes, or doesn't make, someone trans, has nothing to do with your misguided opinions.

I'll stick by my earlier assertion that this thread was nothing but a thinly veiled jab at the trans community, stemming from your own discomfort, which most likely stems from your own insecurities.

Are you seriously going so lame to pull the old 'homophobe' role reversal card?

The Trans community wanted the Great National Debate, and now you got it. Careful what you wish for.

There's so much stuff I've covered in this thread and this is the best you can do?

I've clarified my position, busted out the universal definition of "transgender" and you're still arguing it in the simplicstic context of the original headline with a narrow fallacious definition of transgender you lot have apparently invented to define the course of the debates in this website.
edit on 12-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I expected backlash from you heh

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I never got Garfield.

I think he reminds me of Donald Trump.

Oh yeah I remember the big Garfield poster: "He With The Most Toys Wins"

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join