It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, after mass shooting, Australia "banned" guns 20 years ago = ZERO mass killings since

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
a reply to: Nyiah

Please see my previous post. Thank you.

Everyone saw your posts. The fact is, they make no sense. You have been told several times. You should fix that.

You tell me to do my research without actually answering my question (obviously defensive) , you say it makes no sense (I doubt you even actually looked at what I posted) and yet you continue to disregard what I am saying. Lol have fun with that, dear.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Liberals
"Laws don't work for illegals we should have amnesty. We should ban guns"

"Walls won't work to stop people"

Me
"Why would criminals or illegals follow laws, they are already active lawbreakers. How will a gun ban stop guns from simply crossing the border" Fast..cough..and...cough..Furious..

Liberal
"error, error does not compute, you are a racist"

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I think the Americas are surrounded by oceans too, unless I go to the Arctic Circle.

The Mexican border is the problem, not the Arctic Ocean.

Yes, for you, that is the root of ALL problems. However, that isn't the case. Oddly, even for you. Within minutes you may say Muslims are the root of our problems. Or that Obama is . Or that people from other countries are overstaying Visas (but not mexicans). Or that Liberals and welfare is the problem.

What, exactly, is the problem?

The Mexican border is the problem.

I don't believe that it is the problem. You will need to prove it.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot
a reply to: Jaellma

There have been a number of mass shootings since the gun ban...

Monash University Shooting 21 October 2002 Melbourne, Victoria. A shooting spree by Huan Yun Xiang, a student at Monash University

2011 Hectorville siege 29 April 2011 Hectorville, South Australia. A shooting that took place on 29 April 2011, in Hectorville, South Australia. It began after a 39-year-old male, Donato Anthony Corbo, shot four people on a neighbouring property (three of whom died), and also wounded two police officers, before being arrested by Special Operations police after an eight-hour siege.

Hunt family murders 9 September 2014 Lockhart, New South Wales. Murder-suicide shooting spree by Geoff Hunt who killed his wife and three children before turning the gun on himself

Logan shooting 22 October 2014 Logan, Victoria. A shooting murder of a neighbour family (Greg Holmes, 48, his mother Mary Lockhart, 75, and her husband Peter Lockhart, 78) by Ian Francis Jamieson, 63.[

List of massacres in Australia

The wiki shows 3 incidents since 2002 that involved guns with 13 victims across all of them. 5 of the victims were the result of a murder/suicide in one family. Australila is doing much better.

Australia is surrounded by an ocean with ports which mean that the probability of guns getting in that are illegal are faaar less likely than that in the US where we have unprotected boarders.

You think a member of the Cartel is going to care about our laws if say he wants to run guns across the boarder of Mexico and arm his boys? Nope...he sure isn't. They don't. So that being said, if I am being asked to disarm myself when I have committed no crime and being forced to be less protected and thus a more vulnerable target, I say No way sis....no freaking way.

I think the Americas are surrounded by oceans too, unless I go to the Arctic Circle.

What do the "Americas" in general have to do with the USA?

All land is surrounded by oceans herp derp.

rephrase. I don;t answer posts with herp or derp.

Then don't make comments that call for such a response. The US of America is not surrounded by ocean.

I did not say that.

No, you said the 'Americas".

Why would you even bother with such a response. It has zero bearing on the issue of land borders. You tried some wordplay to create a point. The discussion was about borders in the USA and how easy smuggling into the USA is, and how trying to compare Australia which is a country completely surrounded by water to the USA which has land borders is oranges and apples.

Smuggling via land is much easier than smuggling via water.

What about by air?

How exactly does this happen? Pretty sure smuggling via commercial airlines would be next to impossible. If you mean small cessna style planes used in the USA/Mexico border for smuggling, umm, sit back and really think about the logistics of that. Start with where the nearest guns may be coming from, and how far that is.

Of course Mexico is closer. But in regard to AMOUNT, there are a lot of countries with cartels that account for guns being brought here. I doubt anyone has counted who brings what.

What other countries do you mean by "other countries with cartels"?

Russia, Eastern European countries.

Do you think cartels from those countries try to smuggle directly into the US? Or do they possibly go for the easier route of Central and South America for points of origin?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot
a reply to: Jaellma

There have been a number of mass shootings since the gun ban...

Monash University Shooting 21 October 2002 Melbourne, Victoria. A shooting spree by Huan Yun Xiang, a student at Monash University

2011 Hectorville siege 29 April 2011 Hectorville, South Australia. A shooting that took place on 29 April 2011, in Hectorville, South Australia. It began after a 39-year-old male, Donato Anthony Corbo, shot four people on a neighbouring property (three of whom died), and also wounded two police officers, before being arrested by Special Operations police after an eight-hour siege.

Hunt family murders 9 September 2014 Lockhart, New South Wales. Murder-suicide shooting spree by Geoff Hunt who killed his wife and three children before turning the gun on himself

Logan shooting 22 October 2014 Logan, Victoria. A shooting murder of a neighbour family (Greg Holmes, 48, his mother Mary Lockhart, 75, and her husband Peter Lockhart, 78) by Ian Francis Jamieson, 63.[

List of massacres in Australia

The wiki shows 3 incidents since 2002 that involved guns with 13 victims across all of them. 5 of the victims were the result of a murder/suicide in one family. Australila is doing much better.

Australia is surrounded by an ocean with ports which mean that the probability of guns getting in that are illegal are faaar less likely than that in the US where we have unprotected boarders.

You think a member of the Cartel is going to care about our laws if say he wants to run guns across the boarder of Mexico and arm his boys? Nope...he sure isn't. They don't. So that being said, if I am being asked to disarm myself when I have committed no crime and being forced to be less protected and thus a more vulnerable target, I say No way sis....no freaking way.

What do the "Americas" in general have to do with the USA?

All land is surrounded by oceans herp derp.

rephrase. I don;t answer posts with herp or derp.

Then don't make comments that call for such a response. The US of America is not surrounded by ocean.

I did not say that.

No, you said the 'Americas".

Why would you even bother with such a response. It has zero bearing on the issue of land borders. You tried some wordplay to create a point. The discussion was about borders in the USA and how easy smuggling into the USA is, and how trying to compare Australia which is a country completely surrounded by water to the USA which has land borders is oranges and apples.

Smuggling via land is much easier than smuggling via water.

What about by air?

How exactly does this happen? Pretty sure smuggling via commercial airlines would be next to impossible. If you mean small cessna style planes used in the USA/Mexico border for smuggling, umm, sit back and really think about the logistics of that. Start with where the nearest guns may be coming from, and how far that is.

Of course Mexico is closer. But in regard to AMOUNT, there are a lot of countries with cartels that account for guns being brought here. I doubt anyone has counted who brings what.

What other countries do you mean by "other countries with cartels"?

Russia, Eastern European countries.

Do you think cartels from those countries try to smuggle directly into the US? Or do they possibly go for the easier route of Central and South America for points of origin?

That would be too logical for some...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

a reply to: reldra

Mexican cartel news

On the border

Gun running for Mexican Cartel

Insightcrime.org

All I did was ask if you had ever heard of them but since you wanted to tell me to do my research (I already have been following them for years) I figured I would provide you with a few links. Enjoy.

All of those are pretty generic and do mention 68k guns given to cartels by the US government thsat came back here. You are making progress.
edit on 12-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Everyone saw your posts. The fact is, they make no sense. You have been told several times. You should fix that.

You tell me to do my research without actually answering my question (obviously defensive) , you say it makes no sense (I doubt you even actually looked at what I posted) and yet you continue to disregard what I am saying. Lol have fun with that, dear.

Ugh. What you should have said was "I implied The Mexican Cartel was a named singular entity in existence instead of saying the Mexican cartels, implying multiple entities, therefore looking foolish. I know it's not a singular entity, sorry!"

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The Mexican border is the problem, not the Arctic Ocean.

Yes, for you, that is the root of ALL problems. However, that isn't the case. Oddly, even for you. Within minutes you may say Muslims are the root of our problems. Or that Obama is . Or that people from other countries are overstaying Visas (but not mexicans). Or that Liberals and welfare is the problem.

What, exactly, is the problem?

The Mexican border is the problem.

I don't believe that it is the problem. You will need to prove it.

List of Mexico's 37 most-wanted drug lords

and for the Aussies:
Mexican drug cartels a new danger to Australia

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

a reply to: reldra

Mexican cartel news

On the border

Gun running for Mexican Cartel

Insightcrime.org

All I did was ask if you had ever heard of them but since you wanted to tell me to do my research (I already have been following them for years) I figured I would provide you with a few links. Enjoy.

All of those are pretty generic and do mention 68k guns given to cartels by the US government thsat came back here. You are making progress.

Can you try being a little less condescending with someone who is simply debating with you?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Ugh. What you should have said was "I implied The Mexican Cartel was a named singular entity in existence instead of saying the Mexican cartels, implying multiple entities, therefore looking foolish. I know it's not a singular entity, sorry!"

I am debating a topic. Debate the OP and the conversation, not try to put words in people's mouths
edit on 12-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Liberals
"Laws don't work for illegals we should have amnesty. We should ban guns"

"Walls won't work to stop people"

Me
"Why would criminals or illegals follow laws, they are already active lawbreakers. How will a gun ban stop guns from simply crossing the border" Fast..cough..and...cough..Furious..

Liberal
"error, error does not compute, you are a racist"

I don't say things like that. you are making a huge generalization.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I am debating a topic. Debate the OP and the conversation, not try to put words in people's mouths

No one needed to put words in your mouth, you typed them.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You know what... nevermind. The OP has been derailed. Have fun ladies.
edit on 12-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So, Australia counts a 'mass shooting' as 5 or more victims. There has been 1 since 2002 (one of the 5 was a suicide), so th e 1 doesn't really count. Total victims since 2002: 13

The OP's statement is correct.

There is nothing further to say. The OP has proven their point.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
the whole no guns = no murder idea is too simple a thought that doesn't take into account the broader differences between our cultures, history and administrative policies over the last 100 years. we are not the U.K, Australia, canada or wherever guns are banned or heavily restricted, we don't know what will happen but i doubt it will be as passive as it was in other western countries, i suspect our government and police will push it too far and incite rebellion with such actions.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Can you actually debate or do you just sling catty insults all the time?

I state facts. If you want to call them something else, it is up to you.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
the whole no guns = no murder idea is too simple a thought that doesn't take into account the broader differences between our cultures, history and administrative policies over the last 100 years. we are not the U.K, Australia, canada or wherever guns are banned or heavily restricted, we don't know what will happen but i doubt it will be as passive as it was in other western countries, i suspect our government and police will push it too far and incite rebellion with such actions.

We are not the same as Australia. I have said our history is different. I said both sides should compromise, though. It MAY reduce the death via mass shooting.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

You've stated no facts. Well you did one... I believe it was something about America being surrounded by an ocean....

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You've stated no facts. Well you did one... I believe it was something about America being surrounded by an ocean....

No, America is NOT surrounded by an ocean. I did not say that. You need more practice here. THAT is a FACT.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

No, America is NOT surrounded by an ocean. I did not say that. You need more practice here. THAT is a FACT.

Oh forgive me... I found it... It was this

When I was talking about the United States..... But then again that would be generalizing which is something you seem fond of accusing others of doing.

Hypocrisy?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join