It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, after mass shooting, Australia "banned" guns 20 years ago = ZERO mass killings since

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot
a reply to: Jaellma

There have been a number of mass shootings since the gun ban...

Monash University Shooting 21 October 2002 Melbourne, Victoria. A shooting spree by Huan Yun Xiang, a student at Monash University

2011 Hectorville siege 29 April 2011 Hectorville, South Australia. A shooting that took place on 29 April 2011, in Hectorville, South Australia. It began after a 39-year-old male, Donato Anthony Corbo, shot four people on a neighbouring property (three of whom died), and also wounded two police officers, before being arrested by Special Operations police after an eight-hour siege.

Hunt family murders 9 September 2014 Lockhart, New South Wales. Murder-suicide shooting spree by Geoff Hunt who killed his wife and three children before turning the gun on himself

Logan shooting 22 October 2014 Logan, Victoria. A shooting murder of a neighbour family (Greg Holmes, 48, his mother Mary Lockhart, 75, and her husband Peter Lockhart, 78) by Ian Francis Jamieson, 63.[

List of massacres in Australia

The wiki shows 3 incidents since 2002 that involved guns with 13 victims across all of them. 5 of the victims were the result of a murder/suicide in one family. Australila is doing much better.

Australia is surrounded by an ocean with ports which mean that the probability of guns getting in that are illegal are faaar less likely than that in the US where we have unprotected boarders.

You think a member of the Cartel is going to care about our laws if say he wants to run guns across the boarder of Mexico and arm his boys? Nope...he sure isn't. They don't. So that being said, if I am being asked to disarm myself when I have committed no crime and being forced to be less protected and thus a more vulnerable target, I say No way sis....no freaking way.

I think the Americas are surrounded by oceans too, unless I go to the Arctic Circle.

Are you intentionally being obtuse to promote your agenda or are you being for real? The United States is the issue not the Americas and we can't control territory North and South of our borders.

I just replied to a post, about oceans. T oday, people seem to think they KNOW my agenda. I still haven;t seen anyone properly describe one.

You replied to a post that specifically mentioned the US, but replied to it as if it had mentioned "the Americas" in general, in an effort to equate them and Australia as being surrounded by oceans.

Seriously? Kinda surprising to see this from you.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

a reply to: reldra

Well I WAS talking about the Cartel.... which are based in Mexico...which would be a Mexican boarder issue....

THE cartel? Which one?

Are they flooding guns into the US to ruin the country? Has our government bought any?

You leave many, many questions.

You've never heard of the Mexican Cartel?

edit on 12-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

link   

What, exactly, is the problem?

People like you who continue to turn a blind eye.

link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Monash University Shooting 21 October 2002 Melbourne, Victoria. A shooting spree by Huan Yun Xiang, a student at Monash University

2011 Hectorville siege 29 April 2011 Hectorville, South Australia. A shooting that took place on 29 April 2011, in Hectorville, South Australia. It began after a 39-year-old male, Donato Anthony Corbo, shot four people on a neighbouring property (three of whom died), and also wounded two police officers, before being arrested by Special Operations police after an eight-hour siege.

Hunt family murders 9 September 2014 Lockhart, New South Wales. Murder-suicide shooting spree by Geoff Hunt who killed his wife and three children before turning the gun on himself

Logan shooting 22 October 2014 Logan, Victoria. A shooting murder of a neighbour family (Greg Holmes, 48, his mother Mary Lockhart, 75, and her husband Peter Lockhart, 78) by Ian Francis Jamieson, 63.[

The wiki shows 3 incidents since 2002 that involved guns with 13 victims across all of them. 5 of the victims were the result of a murder/suicide in one family. Australila is doing much better.

Australia is surrounded by an ocean with ports which mean that the probability of guns getting in that are illegal are faaar less likely than that in the US where we have unprotected boarders.

You think a member of the Cartel is going to care about our laws if say he wants to run guns across the boarder of Mexico and arm his boys? Nope...he sure isn't. They don't. So that being said, if I am being asked to disarm myself when I have committed no crime and being forced to be less protected and thus a more vulnerable target, I say No way sis....no freaking way.

I think the Americas are surrounded by oceans too, unless I go to the Arctic Circle.

What do the "Americas" in general have to do with the USA?

All land is surrounded by oceans herp derp.

rephrase. I don;t answer posts with herp or derp.

Then don't make comments that call for such a response. The US of America is not surrounded by ocean.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Are you intentionally being obtuse to promote your agenda or are you being for real? The United States is the issue not the Americas and we can't control territory North and South of our borders.

Do the terrorists also win when they kill 50 and maim another 50?

Just asking.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I just replied to a post, about oceans. T oday, people seem to think they KNOW my agenda. I still haven;t seen anyone properly describe one.

You replied to a post that specifically mentioned the US, but replied to it as if it had mentioned "the Americas" in general, in an effort to equate them and Australia as being surrounded by oceans.

Seriously? Kinda surprising to see this from you.

Ya, that was a little smart alecky.

I saw some kind of surprising posts. Some that ignored statistics.

But also, if guns want to go to Australia, the fact that it is surrounded by ocean won't stop them. I imagine you know this to be true.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Well I WAS talking about the Cartel.... which are based in Mexico...which would be a Mexican boarder issue....

THE cartel? Which one?

Are they flooding guns into the US to ruin the country? Has our government bought any?

Again..THE MEXICAN CARTEL? You should slow down, do a lil research.

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

What, exactly, is the problem?

People like you who continue to turn a blind eye.

to what?

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Just asking.

They do when the response is a cessation of daily life and the shredding of the constitution. How a disarmed American populace can be taken as anything other than a win for terrorism, on the heels of an act of terrorism, is perplexing.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Then don't make comments that call for such a response. The US of America is not surrounded by ocean.

I did not say that.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Just as you know that guns don't want to do anything

Gun will be sent to, and gotten in to, Australia. But it's a heck of a lot easier to walk a gun across a line on a map than it is to swim one into a country.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Gun will be sent to, and gotten in to, Australia. But it's a heck of a lot easier to walk a gun across a line on a map than it is to swim one into a country.

swim? NO. Boats, planes. In comparison to their population I am sure a considerable amount get in.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Just asking.

They do when the response is a cessation of daily life and the shredding of the constitution. How a disarmed American populace can be taken as anything other than a win for terrorism, on the heels of an act of terrorism, is perplexing.

I didn't advocate any such thing or suggest otherwise.

I asked a simple question.

Tell me, who is celebrating tonight?
Terrorists or gun owners?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

swim? NO. Boats, planes. In comparison to their population I am sure a considerable amount get in.

This is still all disregarding the OP. The death by mass shooting in Australia is extremely low. 13 over 5 incidents since 2002. 5 were from 1 family incident. They are doing something right.

We had that amount yesterday. Probably twice that many this year.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

THE cartel? Which one?

Okaaay.

WHICH Mexican cartel?
There's more than one, name a couple.

You're not doing your handle any favors here.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Just asking.

that is a sick question.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I did not say that.

No, you said the 'Americas".

Why would you even bother with such a response. It has zero bearing on the issue of land borders. You tried some wordplay to create a point. The discussion was about borders in the USA and how easy smuggling into the USA is, and how trying to compare Australia which is a country completely surrounded by water to the USA which has land borders is oranges and apples.

Smuggling via land is much easier than smuggling via water.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I did not say that.

No, you said the 'Americas".

Why would you even bother with such a response. It has zero bearing on the issue of land borders. You tried some wordplay to create a point. The discussion was about borders in the USA and how easy smuggling into the USA is, and how trying to compare Australia which is a country completely surrounded by water to the USA which has land borders is oranges and apples.

Smuggling via land is much easier than smuggling via water.

No, I replied to someone saying Australia is surrounded by ocean. It is still fairly easy to get guns there in this day and age.

What about by air?

link   

Just asking.

that is a sick question.

Excuse me?
Have you been reading what this back and forth pertains to or are you just assuming I brought up celebrations for nothing?
edit on 12-6-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

link   

Just asking.

And I didn't say that you did.

I gave a simple answer.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join