It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, after mass shooting, Australia "banned" guns 20 years ago = ZERO mass killings since

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You do NOT ban guns. Guns are a check on foreign invasions(worked in WWII)

It worked in WWII so its applicable to modern times? Is that the rule? Sweet lets all break out the mustard gas it worked in WWI.
But it worked...didn't it.

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornmana way to defend yourself from an armed attacker,preventing dictators from genociding the public into mass graves,defending private property,prevent drug cartels and armed gangs from taking over neighborhoods and to prevent robbery.

Defend yourself? More people are killed by their own guns than they are used to defend themselves.

Machines(cars/trucks,planes,factory accidents,oil rig accidents,elevators etc),alcohol (disease from alcohol abuse and accidents caused by alcohol) and disease from tobacco products kill a lot more...I guess we should ban all of those.

To put it in the most simple terms possible for you. MORE GUNS = MORE MURDERS. You aren't protecting sh1t all except your own ego. By owning a gun for "protection" you put your family at more risk than if you didn't. Fact.

To put it in the most simple terms possible for you. MORE DRUNKS = MORE DEADLY CAR ACCIDENTS! You aren't protecting 4Ny0n3z except your own ego. By using a machine for "traveling to and from work and to do daily errands" you put your family at more risk than if you don't. Fact

It is not a debate. It is a right.

If an armed robber/rapist/murderer/gang member/jihadist terrorist wants to do you harm what options do you have if they are right there in front of you?

Hug them?

F*ck your rights. lol...just....lol Why do people think the words written years before you were born are untouchable. Sheep.Are you mad? Think for yourselves and you will realise how out-dated and moronic your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is.I am sorry you feel that way Instead you just follow it blindly.

So if you disagree with someone over a policy they are moronic. Your not helping your cause.

edit on 18-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Some of the arguments here for guns have no real context. The flow of illegal guns (for instance) into America has nothing whatsoever to do with ordinary American people except that they might become victims of those weapons. An ordinary American having a gun at home is not stemming the flow, and is not even attempting to, there are law enforcement agencies whose job it is to do that, it is not for the ordinary American to try to stop. It is the same issue with drugs.

I posit that the only real argument that the ordinary American has for gun ownership is for protection of one self, one's loved ones, and one's personal property, apart from this there is no other justification for gun ownership and carry in a public place. Law enforcement agencies - trained and authorised specifically in their role - are mandated to protect the ordinary American in public places, therefore, unless you are a law enforcement officer, trained and authorised to use a gun in the context of your job role, no ordinary American should be able to carry a gun in a public place.

To help ensure this, legislation needs to be brought forward and put in place in incremental stages. Buying a gun should take many months to achieve while background checks on the buyer are carried out by independent reviewers for suitability and ownership and usage of a gun. No more over-the-counter sales.

The 2nd amendment needs to be amended to reflect the needs of current American society, wherein its first need is to both reduce and stop gun rampages, and to reduce and stop indiscriminate shootings. More guns are not the cure, they just exacerbate the problem, they compound it and make it worse. Many Americans live and get by without owning a gun, so it can be done, but the general neurosis of gun owners seeking to pre-empt 'what if...?' scenarios negates their ability to try and live without owning a gun...their fear is what is negating the debate of logic, reason, and practicality for the good of American people as a whole nation.
edit on 19/6/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I wonder why evidence for Port Arthur along with the Bali bombing has been locked away for 50 yrs since The False Flag? Have you even looked at the evidence? No doubt multiple shooters...

You say who cares... We Australians now got no mass shootings since the gun laws?... Well how many did we have before hand?

Wanna know how you stop most of the mass shootings in America?... Stop the press from promoting and glorifying them; and fueling them with propaganda. Fast N furious... Who going to jail for it? Eric Holder? Benghazi smuggling arms to terorrists by The State Dept... Who's going to jail for State Sponsored Terrorism?... Not to mention TREASON?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: uloveme
After reading your other posts, you are the one that is truly baffling. Someone who wishes to protect the ones they love, is somehow as dangerous as a maniac wielding a machete, a butcher knife? another gun?. What is this fantasy world you and all the other mindless anti-gun crusaders live in? Because it takes a very special person to believe that firearms in the hands of people whom are not criminals, whom are going about their daily business, and most importantly of all WANT to keep a firearm on there for their protection and the protection of others, are the dangerous ones. That kinda thought takes a special person indeed...

It is admirable that someone wants to protect their family. Owning a gun has been proven to endanger the people inside the home is kept rather than protect it. Owning a gun is not protecting your family.

The fantasy world... is most of the rest of the world. Who unlike America don't have an obsession with guns and thus mass killings are extremely low.

Because it takes a very special person to believe that firearms in the hands of people whom are not criminals, whom are going about their daily business, and most importantly of all WANT to keep a firearm on there for their protection and the protection of others, are the dangerous ones.

Except its been proven that many gun related injuries are not caused by criminals. How do you accept things such as a toddler shooting themselves?

Keeping a firearm for their protection and the protection of others? Yet in a home invasion the presence of gun by the home owner is much more likely to cause a fatality(not the criminals). How do you justify owning one when you are putting your family in more danger? Is it just for your ego?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

If an armed robber/rapist/gang member has a smuggled firearm that they bought on the black market and is shooting at another person or threatening to shoot at another person that is unarmed what options does that person that is unarmed have that is being shoot at and/or threatened by the armed robber/rapist/terrorist/gang member?

Please answer the question.

Act calm, no sharp movements and if you can contact the police if its safe to do so. It's likely in a country with sensible gun control laws that the armed robber/rapist/gang member does not feel the need to kill you. They will not assume you have a gun and will therefore not want to draw more attention to it.

Answer me this, do you honestly think the best course of action when confronted with an armed criminal is to pull a gun? Really? And you think he won't just shoot you first? Or do you risk it because you don't want to get robbed?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

An ordinary American having a gun at home is not stemming the flow, and is not even attempting to, there are law enforcement agencies whose job it is to do that, it is not for the ordinary American to try to stop.

Considering the American government is largest arms dealer on the planet it is little surprise there is an immeasurable amount of guns in the U.S....

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

[quoteIt worked in WWII so its applicable to modern times? Is that the rule? Sweet lets all break out the mustard gas it worked in WWI.
But it worked...didn't it.

So it worked back then why not use it now. Use it to protect your family? Lets all keep mustard gas ready to break out when we think we are being robbed.

Defend yourself? More people are killed by their own guns than they are used to defend themselves.

Machines(cars/trucks,planes,factory accidents,oil rig accidents,elevators etc),alcohol (disease from alcohol abuse and accidents caused by alcohol) and disease from tobacco products kill a lot more...I guess we should ban all of those. [/bold]

Erm... no. Because they all serve a purpose other than causing death. And some of the above mentioned are banned in other countries and areas of most civilised countries. Next.

To put it in the most simple terms possible for you. MORE GUNS = MORE MURDERS. You aren't protecting sh1t all except your own ego. By owning a gun for "protection" you put your family at more risk than if you didn't. Fact.

To put it in the most simple terms possible for you. MORE DRUNKS = MORE DEADLY CAR ACCIDENTS! You aren't protecting 4Ny0n3z except your own ego. By using a machine for "traveling to and from work and to do daily errands" you put your family at more risk than if you don't. Fact

That's why drinking and driving is illegal. Wow you are makign this really easy for me. Cars aren't meant to protect you, they are meant for travel. Guns are only meant to kill things. Are you seeing the difference yet?

F*ck your rights. lol...just....lol Why do people think the words written years before you were born are untouchable. Sheep.Are you mad? Think for yourselves and you will realise how out-dated and moronic your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is.I am sorry you feel that way Instead you just follow it blindly.

So if you disagree with someone over a policy they are moronic. Your not helping your cause.

No, YOU are helping my cause. You can't name one valid reason for owning a gun, unlike car owners who can. (lol still can't believe that was your argument). Go ahead and roll out the right to protect your family blah blah... you are not protecting them. By revealing a gun in a hostile environment YOU are more likely to be shot than if you didn't.

Americans don't own guns for protection, they own them for their ego. They deny it, but really that's what it is.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

I always like the promotions when people can get free firearms when they lease a new car, open a new bank account, close on a home, or just simply a lucky drawing. That spells good ol freedom.

It took 24 years for almost five hundred people to die in mass shootings in the us. In a single year more than that are stomped on and punched to death.

There is no mass shooting epidemic, it is a perception issue. The media has to make the hive mind perceive that there is this sudden rush or threat of mass shootings. But the truth is, your more likely to be killed while riding your bike on the road in a given year than being a victim of a mass shooting in five years. There is no gun problem in the USA, other than there just aren't enough people with guns, and that gun free zones need to disappear.

Foreigner keep on hating, we will keep on packing. The globalists will never succeed in taking guns from Americans, and then come after our Free speech like Australia. If I offended you and lived in Australia, I could actually be arrested, or offending you online. What a damn shame that the guns were taken away and thats what they really have to show for it, additional free speech restrictions. Because violent crime sure has not dropped.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

It's such a simple-minded argument. You bring up comparisons to other objects that aren't designed to kill.

YOU DON'T NEED A GUN, they provide you with nothing!

Would you be happy if I put an open bear trap in your living room and then said "Well your more likely to die in a car than by stepping in this".

NO. Of course not.
You'd want it removed because its an unnecessary risk to your families health. Guns are exactly this.

The only reason you keep a gun is because you feel inadequate as a man and want to boost your own ego.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Who says I'm not or haven't? Nervous laughter? nice projection...I'm not nervous at all.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

YOU ARE INSANE!!!!!! If I'm not armed a rapist, thief etc... won't feel the need to kill me...lol just rape rob and beat me senseless...

Wow, please pass me some of what you're smoking.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Some more projection... You obviously know NOTHING about combat... Owning a firearm is not about feelings of inadequecy, it is about ACTUAL inadequecy against armed assailants, or multiple unarmed assailants.. Reality is not a steven seagal movie, you don't go bare handed against 15 guys with guns, crowbars and knives and walk away unscathed; however, if you have an AR-15 on you, you might just thrive and survive.

So I'm sorry you're wrong, they provide you with the ability to protect yourself and others against otherwise untenable situations...

Jaden
edit on 20-6-2016 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

HEy, if you feel it's in your best interests to curl into a ball, bend over or hand over your wallet, go for it, that's your perorgative; however, I'm sorry you don't get to make that determination for the rest of us.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I want to be able to kill as many people as I have seen house intruders in a home invasion.
I need it done in a surgical contained fashion to eliminate OVER PENETRATION...If EGO was involved I would be into MAXIMUM penetration.
MY family all grew up healthy and fine ...NO gun deaths...despite 3 generations of fans...nobody dead...himmm.
KINDA blows that "EXACTLY" theory right out the window...
I feel as a man I am a different man than you I chose my path when I was young....and the ART stuff of course but painting talent is WORTHLESS,in the digital age.
I am that BEAR TRAP.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

We have GENETIC stuff here, TRY mine and lets go shooting!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So, objects not designed to kill people, kill exponentially more people every year, and thats somehow to make the argument in your favor? In fact, that is quite the opposite. It just proves guns are seriously less dangerous than all of those things overall.
The bear trap, since it is designed to actually maim when stepped on, sure you can put one in front of my entry door and rear as well. Be a nice burglar trap. Ironic thing is, I can step on guns all day long and it wont set them off. That trap sure as heck would.

Listen, the fact you have to fall back on personal insults fr the umpteenth time just shows got nothing left . Oh look, the Senate just rejected all four gun control measures, how pleasant. I hope your so so angry right now. It just, it "boosts my ego" knowing how upset you are. And you ARE upset, seeing as you have to attack my manhood. I fathered 5 kids, and we had fun doing it every time.

Maybe you should go # yourself and find out if your manhood is adequate enough eh?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

YOU ARE INSANE!!!!!! If I'm not armed a rapist, thief etc... won't feel the need to kill me...lol just rape rob and beat me senseless...

Wow, please pass me some of what you're smoking.

Jaden

It's a really simple concept that you don't seem to be able to understand.

There is a higher chance of you shooting your own family than ever preventing a crime using your gun. Get it?

How many rapes are being prevented by guns? Do you carry your gun with you everywhere? I'd hate to live such a paranoid life.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Some more projection... You obviously know NOTHING about combat... Owning a firearm is not about feelings of inadequecy, it is about ACTUAL inadequecy against armed assailants, or multiple unarmed assailants.. Reality is not a steven seagal movie, you don't go bare handed against 15 guys with guns, crowbars and knives and walk away unscathed; however, if you have an AR-15 on you, you might just thrive and survive.

So I'm sorry you're wrong, they provide you with the ability to protect yourself and others against otherwise untenable situations...

Jaden

Clearly you watch too many movies.

How often do you come across a gang of 15 guys with crowbars.

Just walking along with your AR-15 and BAM 15 guys straight out of a musical with crowbars dance down the street.
You live in a fantasy world, log off of GTA for a bit.

Please, they do provide you with ability to protect yourself and others. Unfortunately this rarely happens. In fact there are 78 gun suicides for every 1 crime prevented with a gun. There are 2 accidental deaths for every 1 crime prevented by a gun.

ITS SIMPLE.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

HEy, if you feel it's in your best interests to curl into a ball, bend over or hand over your wallet, go for it, that's your perorgative; however, I'm sorry you don't get to make that determination for the rest of us.

Jaden

If you'd rather put your family and loved ones at higher risk on the off chance that a gang of 15 people attack you then fine.

It's your life, I just pity your poor family who are at risk because you refuse to accept reality.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I want to be able to kill as many people as I have seen house intruders in a home invasion.
I need it done in a surgical contained fashion to eliminate OVER PENETRATION...If EGO was involved I would be into MAXIMUM penetration.
MY family all grew up healthy and fine ...NO gun deaths...despite 3 generations of fans...nobody dead...himmm.
KINDA blows that "EXACTLY" theory right out the window...
I feel as a man I am a different man than you I chose my path when I was young....and the ART stuff of course but painting talent is WORTHLESS,in the digital age.
I am that BEAR TRAP.

I really didn't understand much of this post. Guessing English isn't your first language.

I'm guessing its hard to type while you sit there holding a gun to the front door waiting for your chance to murder someone.

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join