It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, after mass shooting, Australia "banned" guns 20 years ago = ZERO mass killings since

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma
So, when "they" get what they want(Gun Ban), there is no more need to stage mass red flag shootings? Then they stop? Ahh. I see how it works.

Funny, there were no mass shootings before all this talk of banning guns, well, as to the people anyways. The government has always killed people in large numbers. Ask the American Indians, they know first hand.........

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra"I think the Americas are surrounded by oceans too, unless I go to the Arctic Circle. "

you know they are talking about the united states, quit trying to be coy

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Feel free to move to Australia, then. That's not how we operate in the US.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin

I know, unfortunately a large percentage of Americans are stupid and only care about themselves

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: belkide
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

lol thats not the situation I was talking about. And of course I would kill a rat if I saw it in the house.

The two points of my post were:
1. With the knife attack example- China has one of the strictest governments in the world and mass murder STILL happens.

2. There are plenty of legitimate reasons for people to own guns. Where I am (rural Texas) just about everyone owns at least one gun. It's funny sitting in the elementary school parking lot in the morning to drop my daughter off and seeing all the NRA and Browning stickers on all the cars....but if you read our crime blotter, it's a total joke. Crime is virtually non-existent. People do hunt for sport and food. People put their own animals down instead of spending hundred$ on a vet. People don't bother calling an exterminator for vermin. And if someone is breaking into your house it could be at least 30 mins for law enforcement to respond. And murders are pretty much unheard of here.

All these mass murderers have shown up on the 'radar' in one way or another. Instead of taking away law abiding citizen's guns...why not fix the 'radar'. I mean, Homeland Security and the NSA and the FBI have been all up in people's junk for how long? And stuff like this keeps happening?

And sorry to be a feminist, but one really glaring common thread tying all these nuts together is a history of domestic violence. Crack down on THAT and maybe we'll get somewhere.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

I feel like if you don't live here, you shouldnt provide an opinion. Kindly go complain about the EU more. This isn't your fight.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin

I like what other countries say about us

in fact I think its important to know.

Don't like to be "out of site, out of mind"

edit on 14-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You can't really compare Australia and the USA. Or Australia and Switzerland. Or the USA and Switzerland. You can try but you'll look like a fool.

Saying Australia hasn't had a mass shooting is like saying one of the US states hasn't had a shooting. Or Canada. Neither of the entire population of Canada or Australia would even be the largest US state. I don't think people outside the USA realize how many people live here. Do you think if Australia or Canada had over 300 million people you wouldn't be having the same problems the USA is? You'd be fooling yourselves.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
You can't really compare Australia and the USA. Or Australia and Switzerland. Or the USA and Switzerland. You can try but you'll look like a fool.

Saying Australia hasn't had a mass shooting is like saying one of the US states hasn't had a shooting. Or Canada.

A mass shooting is defined as 4 or more people killed. Going by this definition Australia HASN'T had a mass shooting in 20 years, since our restrictions came into force. That is undeniable FACT.

Also, we still suffer less murders PER CAPITA (ie: adjusted to take into account population differences) than the U.S. by a very large margin.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin
a reply to: Denoli

I feel like if you don't live here, you shouldnt provide an opinion. Kindly go complain about the EU more. This isn't your fight.

This is an INTERNATIONAL forum comprised of people from all over the globe. It is NOT for you to say who can and cannot comment on a particular matter simply because you don't like what they are saying.

edit on 14/6/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
on a lighter note..

edit on 14-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Please see my quote below, from Thomas Jefferson.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The article - and your excerpts fail to mention that Australia also has one of the most strict immigration policies of any Country in the world. Some OTHER facts - Muslim population of Australia is only 382,000 (according to Islamicweb.com), Muslim population of the United States is 3.3 Million (est.) and growing daily. The total number of Muslims in the United States is nearly TEN Times the entire Muslim population of the Country of Australia.....and even with one of the strictest immigration systems in the world, AND "banning guns", this didn't stop them from having 5 terrorist attacks and 9 foiled attacks (that have been made public) since 2009.

edit on 14-6-2016 by TSZodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You speak for the NWO, I presume?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Lets hope it is only YOU killed in the next inevitable mass shooting in America

Really? You want me to be murdered?

you can keep your penis extensions

And ... why are you talking about my penis?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Lets hope it is only YOU killed in the next inevitable mass shooting in America

1st of all, because I am a smart aleck, it can't be a "mass" murder if there is only one... that would just be a murder....

Moving on, you call for the death of someone who wants to keep their rights. But he is the sick one?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

BS... Banning firearms didn't help Britain, crimes with firearms worsened...

Crimes with firearms in Chicago and New York amongst others are the worst, and these cities have the most restrictive guns laws in the nation...

This massacre was done by another RADICAL MUSLIM...

The San Bernardino shooting was caused by RADICAL MUSLIMS...

These are atrocities, but some people want to use these atrocities to try to ban firearms in the United States...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I concur, read mine as well.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I agree. It's a good idea to make sure that only the "good guys" that work for the government have firearms.

I am also anti-war yet pro big government.

/s

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

You know it is a government sponsored provocateur every time you hear that they were in contact with the FBI. It's the same story every time. It is hard to believe that even on this website people are still so blind to the reality that is formed around us, for us.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join