It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wastes No Time Politicizing Orlando Massacre

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Domo1
Islam is a cancer on this planet.

It must be very liberating to have such a clarity of hate. I mean seriously, to disparage so broadly the people who brought us coffee is just plain unenlightened. Radical weaponized Islam is a direct product of American foreign policy and our funding of the ultra-radical Madrass' in Pakistan, beginning in the 1970's. ISIS would not exist if that never happened.

History, learn it.

Wait, aren't you supposed to be top dog around here? Why are you checking this person? You are the top dog.

And you're making a lot of taboo mistakes as well. Telling this person to learn history? Unless you're closely related or good friends I can't imagine you know how much has been learned by this person.

Another one of your mistakes is arguing that radical Islam is a fairly new product. Sure, THIS version was born out of the corruption of something clearly more peaceful, but why do YOU ignore history? I write "ignore" and give you the benefit of doubt you have indeed read enough history.

Islam was born in fire. It was LITERALLY born out of war. It has been warring non-stop on the fringes of its empires, which grow and shrink (but mostly grow), for over a thousand years. History is littered with examples of Islamic conflict. And most of it is not State sponsored or Royally driven.

But back to my point. Why do you, YOU, head honcho, need to slap someone down? I thought ideas were welcomed here. It's clear only some are...

As of late there has been a push to name "bigots" and "racists", reiterate forum rules and threats to ban. Deny ignorance, please. But your ignorance. Don't deny someone else's.

See, that's the whole enchilada. We say Deny Ignorance. Is this a catchy website slogan or are they words to be taken literally? If they are, then we must make sure we know what they mean.

IMO "Deny Ignorance" is an internal action. You make up your own mind and deny what you think is ignorant. It is, after all, for self betterment, yes? It's not like you denying someone else's ignorance is going to change their mind or change them. Denying ignorance is something you do for yourself.

I think you should try to keep that in mind, if you agree.

Also, it's beneath you. You are the top dog, right?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: awareness10
I believe Trump mentioned teaming up with Putin and actually bombing the 'shiza' out of the Islamic Terrorists, which is more than what the other wingdings have said or done in Office.

Remember shock and awe?

It only resulted in creating more terrorists and we are experiencing those results now.

www.youtube.com...

What would you suggest then, to leave it alone and shake on it? To ignore it and keep allowing sleeper cells to infiltrate our way of life in Europe and in the Western Countries?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Domo1
Islam is a cancer on this planet.

It must be very liberating to have such a clarity of hate. I mean seriously, to disparage so broadly the people who brought us coffee is just plain unenlightened. Radical weaponized Islam is a direct product of American foreign policy and our funding of the ultra-radical Madrass' in Pakistan, beginning in the 1970's. ISIS would not exist if that never happened.

History, learn it.

Wait, aren't you supposed to be top dog around here? Why are you checking this person? You are the top dog.

And you're making a lot of taboo mistakes as well. Telling this person to learn history? Unless you're closely related or good friends I can't imagine you know how much has been learned by this person.

Another one of your mistakes is arguing that radical Islam is a fairly new product. Sure, THIS version was born out of the corruption of something clearly more peaceful, but why do YOU ignore history? I write "ignore" and give you the benefit of doubt you have indeed read enough history.

Islam was born in fire. It was LITERALLY born out of war. It has been warring non-stop on the fringes of its empires, which grow and shrink (but mostly grow), for over a thousand years. History is littered with examples of Islamic conflict. And most of it is not State sponsored or Royally driven.

But back to my point. Why do you, YOU, head honcho, need to slap someone down? I thought ideas were welcomed here. It's clear only some are...

As of late there has been a push to name "bigots" and "racists", reiterate forum rules and threats to ban. Deny ignorance, please. But your ignorance. Don't deny someone else's.

See, that's the whole enchilada. We say Deny Ignorance. Is this a catchy website slogan or are they words to be taken literally? If they are, then we must make sure we know what they mean.

IMO "Deny Ignorance" is an internal action. You make up your own mind and deny what you think is ignorant. It is, after all, for self betterment, yes? It's not like you denying someone else's ignorance is going to change their mind or change them. Denying ignorance is something you do for yourself.

I think you should try to keep that in mind, if you agree.

Also, it's beneath you. You are the top dog, right?

He makes a valid point that should not be overlooked.

From the arming/training of the Muhajadeen to the post-Saddam power vacuum that provided fertile ground for religious extremism... that was of course backed by the good ol' West; its helped to create the current state of unrest that has enveloped into what is now known as "ISIS."

After being involved in - how many sovereign nations again - and starting how many wars again - why haven't these terrorist organizations been eridcated? After all of the legislation passed, surveillance measures passed, why hasn't it seemed to help?

There is a larger agenda at play. The United States government is KNOWN to have ties to Osama Bin Laden, who was once coined a "freedom fighter," and the Mujahadeen were fighting the "Red Scare."

There's something to be said and more to be found that is indeed relevant to events happening in today's world regarding previous foreign policies and involvements regarding the government and other governments of the world.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Is President Obama going to finally mention the words radical Islamic terrorism? If he doesn't he should immediately resign in disgrace!
1:58 PM - 12 Jun 2016

I'm going to agree with Trump on this...... in fact Obama is a disgrace to our country, after he resigns he should be booted out of America...... Obama wants to deface the constitution, and should be tried as a traitor.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I believe Trump mentioned teaming up with Putin and actually bombing the 'shiza' out of the Islamic Terrorists, which is more than what the other wingdings have said or done in Office.

Remember shock and awe?

It only resulted in creating more terrorists and we are experiencing those results now.

www.youtube.com...

What would you suggest then, to leave it alone and shake on it? To ignore it and keep allowing sleeper cells to infiltrate our way of life in Europe and in the Western Countries?

What would you suggest then?

Invade more foreign nations and then naively hope that it's not going to net the same result as the last military occupations?

Bring our troops home, close all foreign military bases - and expunge the enemy that lies within our borders rather than play world police whilst literally leaving the castle defenseless.

How is ANYONE going to benefit off of another invasion? Absolutely incredible... how are we going to pay for that? We can't pay for colleges, healthcare, infastructure - yet people want us to go to war?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Question...

I keep seeing people complain about Obama not saying "radical Islamic terrorism". How would him saying the words "radical Islamic terrorism" instead of just "terrorism" change anything?

It wouldn't change anything. So lets move on now.

edit on 12-6-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

No, it wouldn't. I doubt they would be any less critical of Obama if he had used those exact words.

They'd just parrot another talking point some conservative talking head said...

And then someone on the left would try to shoot back with facts, logic, and reason they got from MSNBC ... and then that would just cause things to spiral downhill.

Much like we're already seeing.

So, yes .. you are correct, it wouldn't change a thing -- and it doesn't matter what Obama did or didn't say. If there's one thing that we're good at in America, it's being able to point fingers and invent new, creative ways to blame people.
edit on 12-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Instead he connects "hate" with terrorism..... when in fact it should be "radical Islamic terrorism."
Are you blind to the agenda?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

You are watching the marionettes, while I am watching the marionette masters....

When a radical islamic terrorist kills a group of LGBT, how is that not hate?

That doesn't matter anyway, I will not get sucked into your delusion of worrying what the marionettes say. You should be more concerned with why the masters made the marionettes kill each other.
edit on 13-6-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
trump would kiss a dead muslims butt if it got him more election brownie points. nothing is too low for him!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
trump would kiss a dead muslims butt if it got him more election brownie points. nothing is too low for him!

Its Obama's government that just declared war on the US citizens and your words mean nothing.

www.donaldjtrump.com...

REALLY GOOD SPEECH. STANDING OVATION QUALITY!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

How many hours did it take before he [ Obama ] showed himself. He was probably waiting hoping with all hope that it wasn't a terrorist.

O.k. so obviously saying nice things about Islam and telling the American people that Islam is a religion of peace isn't working. The terrorists don't buy it for a minute.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Wrong, we are watching the same puppet show.

So you agree with Trump, that it was "radical Islamic terrorist."

How are you not seeing Obama and his puppeteers abusing the word hate? Instead of calling it for what it is..... an radical Islamic terrorist act!

Hate alone doesn't kill..... hate has many levels.... It was radical Islamic terrorist that killed the LGBT..... Pretty simple logic I would think.

We have a right to hate...... I guess you want that right done away with too!
You a Traitor....... or a hater?

edit on 13-6-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I'll respond to a few of those here and a few more in another post.

Stopping new influx of muslims until proper screening is in place

That's not what he said. What he said was: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on." As of Wednesday, he was saying "Ideally you wouldn't have the ban for very long. I mean, we just have to find out what's happening." (to Greta Van Sustren)

He hasn't been talking about screening that I've heard. Screening will never be perfect. You can't screen thoughts, let alone for future thoughts. A determined terrorist plot would just use people that look clean. Do you imagine that would be terribly difficult? At any rate, I believe you're conflating the concerns raised by some over screening refugees with the US's typical immigration process. They're related issues but not the same. I should add that he was talking about "banning" all Muslims from entering the country. He did thoughtfully suggest an exception for our military members. Let me also point to what he said about 8 hours ago:

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump What has happened in Orlando is just the beginning. Our leadership is weak and ineffective. I called it and asked for the ban. Must be tough 4:47 PM - 12 Jun 2016 20,712 20,712 Retweets 51,168 51,168 likes

I do sometimes have to wonder if he's not actually mentally deficient. The person who murdered 50 people and wounded more, was American born. Where does a ban fit into that? Or screening for that matter? I'm all for screening and if it can be improved, my government should improve it. That's got nothing to do with what Donald Trump is blabbering about vaguely.

Monitoring mosques

This is overtly authoritarian language. We have a Constitutionally protected right to freely practice our religions or not as well as a Constitutionally protected right to be "to be secure in [our] persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures." Privacy is a big deal for me. Not for Trump who "[errs] on the side of security" and thinks mass surveillance is a good thing: "I assume when I pick up my telephone, people are listening to my conversations anyway"

If the government wants to monitor a mosque, a church, a temple, or my phone, they should be getting a warrant from a judge and that warrant should be signed only after meeting strong standards for reasonable suspicion. Frankly, anyone who doesn't think "monitor mosques" are scary words should never be the head of a free country's government.

Going after families of terrorists

Wow. Why this is wrong should never have to be explained. We don't punish people for other peoples' crimes, not even families. Hell, even the MOB doesn't do that. You know who does? North Korea. You know why? Because it's run by an authoritarian strongman with a bad hair cut. Arguably, he said we should go beyond NK and kill families but it was nice of you to vague it up for him. What he said was:

"And the other thing is with the terrorists, you have to take out their families. They, they care about their lives. Don’t kid yourself. But they say they don’t care about their lives. You have to take out their families"

Yeah, he's talking about straight up assassination of innocent people. That's at best a war crime.
edit on 2016-6-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think Hillary beat him by 6min or so .. so yeah.

I read through this thread and there are a couple very pathetic people here - not even understanding one thing - living in their very distorted world - maybe you are the next shooter?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Demanding that the Muslim community help root out terrorists (my assumption is that statement carries consequences for refusing to do so)

Nothing authoritarian about you my friend, anyone who would otherwise that clearly is mistaken. Again, I really can't believe that you or the seven people that starred your post don't see how f'd up this is. On its face this is pure authoritarianism. How's that work? "Gives us zee names! Zee names!" That must be where this comes in:

Use of torture to get details of more terrorist threats

There's a very simple reason why the United States Constitution protects Americans against cruel and unusual punishment — it's wrong. The same reason we have all these international conventions forbidding the mistreatment of prisoners of war. In some peoples' minds, I'm sure when they think of torture, they imagine something out of a movie where there's a ticking bomb under a school bus full of children with kittens and puppies and it's bring your sweet grandmother to school day. The evil terrorist has the location of the bomb and the disarm code. That ain't real life.

We instinctively know that torture is wrong and its dangerous, that's why we Americans don't allow it to happen on our soil (except in certain buildings in Chicago of course, and only if it's cops torturing minorities and poor whites) and I'm 99% sure you Brits don't either. We dare not allow torture because once that becomes acceptable, it becomes the norm and once it's the norm, it can happen to anyone. The next thing you know, they're dragging teenage boys off in the middle of the night, beating the eyes out of their heads and dropped their cold stiff corpses at the doors of their families' houses.

Cutting off sources of funding for ISIS - oil and banking channels

Everything sounds simple until you realize how complex situations are. Here's a very detailed explanation of the why the coalition hasn't been bombing oil refineries and fields at oilprice.com.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I just saw some lgbt spokesman on sky news pushing the vote remain agenda on the back of this shooting.
Seems using stuff like this for political ends isn't just restricted to mister Trump.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I gotta hurry up and get my Ar-15 and carbine maybe even an AK before # goes belly up.

You try that stunt in texas and someone will put a hole in you before you get a shot off.

where and better yet why do we have sleeper citizen terrorists, and who the # is activating them?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Yea.....

I think these extreme fundamentalist type might just find that this isn't exactly the country to deal with their [snip]!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Demanding that the Muslim community help root out terrorists (my assumption is that statement carries consequences for refusing to do so)

Nothing authoritarian about you my friend, anyone who would otherwise that clearly is mistaken. Again, I really can't believe that you or the seven people that starred your post don't see how f'd up this is. On its face this is pure authoritarianism. How's that work? "Gives us zee names! Zee names!" That must be where this comes in:

Use of torture to get details of more terrorist threats

There's a very simple reason why the United States Constitution protects Americans against cruel and unusual punishment — it's wrong. The same reason we have all these international conventions forbidding the mistreatment of prisoners of war. In some peoples' minds, I'm sure when they think of torture, they imagine something out of a movie where there's a ticking bomb under a school bus full of children with kittens and puppies and it's bring your sweet grandmother to school day. The evil terrorist has the location of the bomb and the disarm code. That ain't real life.

We instinctively know that torture is wrong and its dangerous, that's why we Americans don't allow it to happen on our soil (except in certain buildings in Chicago of course, and only if it's cops torturing minorities and poor whites) and I'm 99% sure you Brits don't either. We dare not allow torture because once that becomes acceptable, it becomes the norm and once it's the norm, it can happen to anyone. The next thing you know, they're dragging teenage boys off in the middle of the night, beating the eyes out of their heads and dropped their cold stiff corpses at the doors of their families' houses.

Cutting off sources of funding for ISIS - oil and banking channels

Everything sounds simple until you realize how complex situations are. Here's a very detailed explanation of the why the coalition hasn't been bombing oil refineries and fields at oilprice.com.

Why did you take 3 of the specific points that Trump has made out of the many i listed and ignore the rest?

I already said in my post that I don't agree with all his points, but that he is the only one even trying to tackle this issue head on.
Your use of the word 'authoritarian' is weak as piss and is just another example of a liberal pulling out a tired card from the deck to try and score points.

You asked for the things Trump has talked about - I gave them to you.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join