It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wastes No Time Politicizing Orlando Massacre

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I believe Trump mentioned teaming up with Putin and actually bombing the 'shiza' out of the Islamic Terrorists, which is more than what the other wingdings have said or done in Office.

What would that do to prevent another attack like the one in Orlando? It doesn't appear that this murderer received any support or training from ISIS and wasn't in contact with ISIS.

It seems to me that people have a belief that ISIS is something like a beehive from which bees will continue to fly until we destroy the hive. That's simply not the case. Islamic terrorism obviously existed before ISIS, it existed before Al Qaeda and it will continue to exist as long as there is a popular idea that the West is at war with Islam and more generally with Arabs and other ethnic groups which are predominantly Muslim — and as long as there are disaffected people who will embrace these ideas, identify with what they see as "the cause" and decide to become what are, in their minds, righteous fighters.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: awareness10

I believe Trump mentioned teaming up with Putin and actually bombing the 'shiza' out of the Islamic Terrorists, which is more than what the other wingdings have said or done in Office.

What would that do to prevent another attack like the one in Orlando? It doesn't appear that this murderer received any support or training from ISIS and wasn't in contact with ISIS.

It seems to me that people have a belief that ISIS is something like a beehive from which bees will continue to fly until we destroy the hive. That's simply not the case. Islamic terrorism obviously existed before ISIS, it existed before Al Qaeda and it will continue to exist as long as there is a popular idea that the West is at war with Islam and more generally with Arabs and other ethnic groups which are predominantly Muslim — and as long as there are disaffected people who will embrace these ideas, identify with what they see as "the cause" and decide to become what are, in their minds, righteous fighters.

The problem of radical islamic terrorism is not just related to Orlando. I would have thought that was obvious.
The entire radical wing of the Islamic faith needs to be eradicated and then people will not be running into crowded venues shouting Allahu Ahkbar as they murder innocent people.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I would expect my president to acknowledge it, and await until he had accurate information before impulsively and narcissistically determine how to fix it. That is what any intelligent, reasoning and sane person would do. Especially, it is a needed commodity for one who will have control over pushing a button. Don't you think?

Note: I am not just saying shame to Trump, but to all of them, including the sitting President!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I would expect my president to acknowledge it, and await until he had accurate information before impulsively and narcissistically determine how to fix it. That is what any intelligent, reasoning and sane person would do. Especially, it is a needed commodity for one who will have control over pushing a button. Don't you think?

Note: I am not just saying shame to Trump, but to all of them, including the sitting President!

The thing is though that Trump is not saying something new. Plenty of time has passed since San Bernadino and he has responded. This is just another sad day in a story that is now well known.

Here is ted Cruz's response:

Our nation is at war. From 9/11 to the Boston Marathon, from Fort Hood to Chattanooga, from San Bernardino to last night’s horrific attack in Orlando, radical Islamic terrorism has declared jihad on America. Early reports indicate the Orlando terrorist had pledged his allegiance to ISIS, and he had previously been investigated by the FBI. And yet, as with the prior attacks, we were not able to act to stop this act of vicious terrorism that has now murdered 50 and injured more than 50 others. Our hearts go out to those killed and wounded last night. Our prayers are with their families, and with all their grieving loved ones. It is a time for action. We need a Commander in Chief who will speak the truth, and who will unleash the full force and fury of the American military to utterly destroy ISIS and its affiliates. We need to pass the Expatriate Terrorist Act, so that known ISIS terrorists cannot use U.S. passports to return to America and wage jihad. We need a President who is serious – who will identify the enemy by name and do everything necessary to defeat it. The next few days will be sadly predictable. Democrats will try to use this attack to change the subject. As a matter of rigid ideology, far too many Democrats – from Barack Obama to Hillary Clinton – will refuse to utter the words "radical Islamic terrorism." They will claim this attack, like they claimed every previous attack, was isolated and had nothing to do with the vicious Islamist theology that is daily waging war on us across the globe. And they will try to exploit this terror attack to undermine the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms of law-abiding Americans. Enough is enough. What we need is for every American – Democrat and Republican – to come together, abandon political correctness, and unite in defeating radical Islamic terrorism. ISIS doesn’t just target soldiers. They don’t just target Republicans. Or Jews. They also target Christians and fellow Muslims. They target each and every one of us. As we saw this morning, they target the gay and lesbian community. Their objective, which they broadcast worldwide, is to murder or forcibly convert every single American. For all the Democrats who are loud champions of the gay and lesbian community whenever there is a culture battle waging, now is the opportunity to speak out against an ideology that calls for the murder of gays and lesbians. ISIS and the theocracy in Iran (supported with American taxpayer dollars) regularly murder homosexuals, throwing them from buildings and burying them under rocks. This is wrong, it is evil, and we must all stand against it. Every human being has a right to live according to his or her faith and conscience, and nobody has a right to murder someone who doesn’t share their faith or sexual orientation. If you’re a Democratic politician and you really want to stand for LGBT, show real courage and stand up against the vicious ideology that has targeted our fellow Americans for murder. Today, all of America stands in solidarity with the people of Orlando. All of us should lift them up in prayer, demand action, and if you have any information about the Orlando shooter or potential radical Islamic terror plots, please act to keep us safe by using the FBI tips website

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Remember shock and awe?

It only resulted in creating more terrorists and we are experiencing those results now.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You just confirmed my point. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to express their agenda biases! 24 hours have not even passed! I do feel for the victims families having to hear and see the death of their loved one being used in this way. Yes, they want answers and seek some sense out of this too. There is only speculation until all the facts are in. Even this morning in the first thread, the facts were getting all scrambled and everyone began speculating impulsively on inaccurate info.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good. I'm tired of pussies excusing Islam and violence.

Nobody has excused any of that. People are just trying to educate the ignorant about Islam and how it doesn't support acts like this shooting. Islam doesn't support the killing of innocent people just like Christianity doesn't support the bombing of abortion clinics.

Exactly. Islam does NOT support the killing of innocent people... but educating the ignorant is going to involve a bit of research on your part so as to educate them properly, and the first thing you need to research is just what Islam thinks of as "innocent" - everyone NOT "innocent" in the eyes of Islam is fair game.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

You just confirmed my point. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to express their agenda biases! 24 hours have not even passed! I do feel for the victims families having to hear and see the death of their loved one being used in this way. Yes, they want answers and seek some sense out of this too. There is only speculation until all the facts are in. Even this morning in the first thread, the facts were getting all scrambled and everyone began speculating impulsively on inaccurate info.

The authorities have already confirmed the 911 call and the reference to ISIS.
ISIS have already claimed responsibility
Witnesses have already said the terrorist was shouting Allahu Akhbar as he was killing people.
The FBI have already admitted that they held 2 interviews with the terrorist after suspicion of radicalization.

I think it's pretty clear what this was.

The only thing we'll hear from now is the spin to tell us what this wasn't.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Pyrrho
I can smell the desperation in this thread

There's nothing authoritarian about his statements

Desperation? As in I'm desperate not to see my country sink into authoritarianism? I guess that's true enough.

What isn't authoritarian about wanting to violate the rights of millions of people because of their religious affiliation?

There is a problem of perception in this statement. You appear to be perceiving Islam as a religion. It is not. Islam is a complete socio-economic-religious system, not just a "religion" When people get out of hand with their political views and start offing other folks, the line is drawn and their political "rights" get suddenly curtailed. Why should Islam be any different? Remember, political freedom AND religious freedom are both guaranteed by the same amendment. If one gets curtailed for killing off other folks, why should the other get a free pass?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The thing is though that Trump is not saying something new. Plenty of time has passed since San Bernadino and he has responded. This is just another sad day in a story that is now well known.

Our nation is at war. From 9/11 to the Boston Marathon, from Fort Hood to Chattanooga, from San Bernardino to last night’s horrific attack in Orlando, radical Islamic terrorism has declared jihad on America. Early reports indicate the Orlando terrorist had pledged his allegiance to ISIS, and he had previously been investigated by the FBI. And yet, as with the prior attacks, we were not able to act to stop this act of vicious terrorism that has now murdered 50 and injured more than 50 others. Our hearts go out to those killed and wounded last night. Our prayers are with their families, and with all their grieving loved ones. It is a time for action. We need a Commander in Chief who will speak the truth, and who will unleash the full force and fury of the American military to utterly destroy ISIS and its affiliates. We need to pass the Expatriate Terrorist Act, so that known ISIS terrorists cannot use U.S. passports to return to America and wage jihad. We need a President who is serious – who will identify the enemy by name and do everything necessary to defeat it. The next few days will be sadly predictable. Democrats will try to use this attack to change the subject. As a matter of rigid ideology, far too many Democrats – from Barack Obama to Hillary Clinton – will refuse to utter the words "radical Islamic terrorism." They will claim this attack, like they claimed every previous attack, was isolated and had nothing to do with the vicious Islamist theology that is daily waging war on us across the globe. And they will try to exploit this terror attack to undermine the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms of law-abiding Americans. Enough is enough. What we need is for every American – Democrat and Republican – to come together, abandon political correctness, and unite in defeating radical Islamic terrorism. ISIS doesn’t just target soldiers. They don’t just target Republicans. Or Jews. They also target Christians and fellow Muslims. They target each and every one of us. As we saw this morning, they target the gay and lesbian community. Their objective, which they broadcast worldwide, is to murder or forcibly convert every single American. For all the Democrats who are loud champions of the gay and lesbian community whenever there is a culture battle waging, now is the opportunity to speak out against an ideology that calls for the murder of gays and lesbians. ISIS and the theocracy in Iran (supported with American taxpayer dollars) regularly murder homosexuals, throwing them from buildings and burying them under rocks. This is wrong, it is evil, and we must all stand against it. Every human being has a right to live according to his or her faith and conscience, and nobody has a right to murder someone who doesn’t share their faith or sexual orientation. If you’re a Democratic politician and you really want to stand for LGBT, show real courage and stand up against the vicious ideology that has targeted our fellow Americans for murder. Today, all of America stands in solidarity with the people of Orlando. All of us should lift them up in prayer, demand action, and if you have any information about the Orlando shooter or potential radical Islamic terror plots, please act to keep us safe by using the FBI tips website

Yes, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

And omg, the contortions the left have to do to deflect this to gun control and/or lone woof or Trump, is disgusting.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: UKTruth

Yes, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

And omg, the contortions the left have to do to deflect this to gun control and/or lone woof or Trump, is disgusting.

Yep, they want it to be ANYTHING but the very thing Trump warned about. That is what is disrespectful to the families and the dead. It's like Hillary lying to the families of the 4 dead in Benghazi. I guess they are just following the lead of their heroine.

edit on 12/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Islam only became a problem after their nations have been invaded for no reason by non Muslims. But please don't let history or facts get in the way of your delusion.

"Delusion" is it? is that what you just said here?

While you're researching what Islam views as "innocent people", you also might want to polish up on world history, too, just to argue from a position of strength. You could start in 622 AD and work your way forward on the subject of Islam and whether it has been a problem for the world at any point since then.

Answer: it has been a world problem at EVERY point since then. Don't take my word for it - look up the facts on your own.

Islam has been a world problem for 1394 years.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: imod02

In situations like this we need a leader who's willing to act fast and tell the truth.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Act fast? Do do what? Take your guns? Bomb the hell out of...? Who, exactly? Ban all Muslims and kick out those that are American citizens living here legally?

What kind of "act fast" type of action would you like to see?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Bomb the hell out of Raqqa first, then Mosul, then the next 48 largest population centers in ISISstan, since it was 50 Americans murdered. 50 dead Americans, 50 smoking craters that used to be cities in ISISstan. Sure, it's not a fair trade, but then there aren't enough warm bodies to leave for the buzzards in all of ISISstan to make up for 50 dead Americans.

If they have one smoking city for each American killed, they will either eventually stop killing Americans, or eventually cease to exist. We could add a layer of asphalt over the entire cratered mess to make up for the dead Frenchmen.

It should be happening right now, as we speak, but all I hear is crickets.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Islam is a cancer on this planet.

It must be very liberating to have such a clarity of hate. I mean seriously, to disparage so broadly the people who brought us coffee is just plain unenlightened. Radical weaponized Islam is a direct product of American foreign policy and our funding of the ultra-radical Madrass' in Pakistan, beginning in the 1970's. ISIS would not exist if that never happened.

History, learn it.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
And, by the way.

This forum is the "Political Mud Pit" -- not the religion-bashing mud pit. Let's keep the comments focused on politics so that this thread can remain open. mmmmmmm-kay?

Religion focused posts will be removed as off-topic.
This thread is about the politicization of the massacre.
edit on 12-6-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump did ?

The current president was on national TV before the bodies were cold.

Epic FAIL there.

From the way back machine.

Obama: Mass shootings are 'something we should politicize'

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is wrong with politicizing shootings?

In the end everyone want to stop these shootings, so it gets turned into a political debate. It doesn't remove from the seriousness of the topic. It doesn't disrespect the victims or their families.

Is this a new type of "political correctness"? We must wait X number of days before politics can discuss these events? If anything, its best to have these discussions when the topic is hot and fresh in everyone's memory, because you all know very well that months or even weeks or days from now the public will be back stuffing their face with junk and watching TV without a care in the world about it.

edit on 12-6-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The media claims it's the largest mass shooting in US history

but I guess they forgot the Sand Creek Massacre...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
trump is always right

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join