It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wastes No Time Politicizing Orlando Massacre

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

There is a larger agenda at play. The United States government is KNOWN to have ties to Osama Bin Laden, who was once coined a "freedom fighter," and the Mujahadeen were fighting the "Red Scare."

So does the Tehran Eight,Pakistan, and it's ISI, and China and it's alphabet agency.

As well as the Peshwar SEVEN.

I wonder why it always a single country that gets all the blame.

Even more so since a guy named Charlie Wilson guess which party HE was from get's ignored.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: nenothtu

Bomb the hell out of Raqqa first, then Mosul, then the next 48 largest population centers in ISISstan, since it was 50 Americans murdered. 50 dead Americans, 50 smoking craters that used to be cities in ISISstan. Sure, it's not a fair trade, but then there aren't enough warm bodies to leave for the buzzards in all of ISISstan to make up for 50 dead Americans.

Great way of making even more terrorist by killing even more innocent people. I'm sorry in your eyes none of them Muslims are innocent are they? They are Muslim so they must die. Hitler would have supported your way of thinking.

Whoa there, Hoss - I married a Muslim, so it's a bit out of line for you to make broad sweeping assumptive generalizations and try, unsuccessfully I might add, to compare me to Hitler. Going to war with ISISstan is a political issue, not a religious one, no matter how much you and The boys over at ISIS try to make it one. ISISstan is a patch of territory, a wannbe nation. When you want to be a nation, and decide to go to war with other nations, then you've got to expect some blowback - particularly when those nations you go up against are capable of projecting enough force to squash you like a bug. If ISIS cares no more than that for their own people, why should I give a rat's ass about them either?

Riddle me this: how, pray tell, are we to "make even more terrorists" if said wannabe terrorists are smoking in the bottom of a crater?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: nenothtu

Islam has been a Christian problem for 1394 years.

Fixed it for you. To say that Islam has been a world problem from the time it started just shows ignorance of history. Islam has made many contributions to mankind over the years. It wasn't until after the discovery of oil in the ME that Islam became a problem because western nations were overthrowing governments to get more friendly people in charge.

Better check your history books again. The very first people Islam murdered (I double -checked this with my wife, who knows a good bit more about Muslim history than I do, as you might imagine) were not Christians, they were pagans from Mecca running a trading caravan past Medina (Yathrib at the time). It was called the Battle of Badr. look it up. Next they went after Jews, eventually got around to the Byzantines (their first unprovoked Christian kills), and then moved on to Persia, the Hindus in India, Buddhists in China and Southeast Asia, across all of North Africa, and finally into Europe, where they insisted on killing a few more Christians to conquer their territory. They ruled Spain for 800 years during that debacle.

Again, it's not a religious issue, and certainly not "Christians against Muslims" - it's a political issue, and involves the whole world... and ALL of the world's religions that are not Islam.

I believe oil was not discovered in the Middle East until around 1932 - how do you account for all of the Islamic violence and invasions during their violent expansion before then? I account for it by seeing political Islam for what it is - a political movement bent on conquest, wrapped in a thin disguise of religion.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: LordDraconia

But they're getting stronger.

Because we're laying waste to the power structures that kept them in check (many we also created, ironically) and from becoming so strong.

If anything it's a hydra and the more heads we chop off the more grow back.

Exactly. It's largely our fault, because of our foreign policy and our *general* broad-sweeping condemnation of ALL Muslims as terrorist and Islam as a "cancer."

We're creating the very thing we're trying to fight because we're too stupid to see that in (how we're) fighting it we're strengthening and enabling it.

Well what would you have us do then? What is a balanced approach? I think Obama's self-flagellating blame it on the 2nd amendment is counter productive. Maybe instead of drone bombing civilians we could threaten Turkey with sanctions if they keep buying ISIS oil. A lot of ISIS funding is coming from oil sales and our own allies are buying it.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
LMAO, Trump predicted there would be an attack..what a genius. Thats like me saying there will be an earthquake in our future...duh

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So liberals demonize all of Christianity for not baking a cake, but when a muslim kills 49 people, you defend it? Hypocrite much?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
LMAO, Trump predicted there would be an attack..what a genius. Thats like me saying there will be an earthquake in our future...duh

genius??.....the congress has made sure that Americans who profess an allegiance to terrorists acts or groups, and, that have even been investigated by the FBI, can still buy any gun they want to....there are probably 10's of millions of Americans right now (which includes me) that can say with 100% accuracy that there will be another mass shooting here in America.....yeah right, "mr. small hands" is a genius

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

well, most of his support, (as he has said out loud) are from the uneducated....so "duh" is the operative word.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

You get I was being sarcastic right
, and I agree it boggles the mind how a guy on the scope for several different things can own gun's..apparently he recently tried to buy body armour but was refused that..go figure.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl
So liberals demonize all of Christianity for not baking a cake, but when a muslim kills 49 people, you defend it? Hypocrite much?

that's a lie.... not ONE liberal has "defended" this

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

, and I agree it boggles the mind how a guy on the scope for several different things can own gun's..apparently he recently tried to buy body armour but was refused that..go figure.

well of course I get that, but a bill last year presented in congress to refuse sales of arms to people on a watch list only got 45 votes in the senate, effectively killing the bill.....the opposing 55 senate votes came from the republicans...so all you lone wolf terrorists that want to buy AR-15's ( or any gun for that matter) in America, go right ahead!!!....the NRA has got your back.
edit on 13-6-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

well of course I get that, but a bill last year presented in congress to refuse sales of arms to people on a watch list only got 45 votes in the senate, effectively killing the bill.....the opposing 55 senate votes came from the republicans...so all you lone wolf terrorists that want to buy AR-15's ( or any gun for that matter) in America, go right ahead!!!....the NRA has got your back.

We don't have an Assault Rifle problem. We have an Assault Muslim problem and Obama refuses to address it. They banned guns in Paris. How did that work out for them?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: RomeByFire

There is a larger agenda at play. The United States government is KNOWN to have ties to Osama Bin Laden, who was once coined a "freedom fighter," and the Mujahadeen were fighting the "Red Scare."

So does the Tehran Eight,Pakistan, and it's ISI, and China and it's alphabet agency.

As well as the Peshwar SEVEN.

I wonder why it always a single country that gets all the blame.

Even more so since a guy named Charlie Wilson guess which party HE was from get's ignored.

Charlie Wilson worked for the Reagan Administration...
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Charlie Wilson ran operation cyclone.

Hollywood immortalized how AWESOME he was.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes and Operation Cyclone ran from 1979-1989...the bulk under Reagan.

President Reagan greatly expanded the program as part of the Reagan Doctrine of aiding anti-Soviet resistance movements abroad.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hillary and Bernie using the incident to push their anti-gun rhetoric wasn't an attempt to politicize it?
Pa-lease OP try not to let your bias spill out everywhere.

The hate for Trump has peoples vision so narrowed they can't see the forest for the trees. The problem isn't just Islam, and it isn't just the guns. The problems is we have leaders that use these situations for a political agenda. To fulfill said agenda they must get people to join their cause.

Remember when incident's like this would unite us as a nation?
Rather than divide us...

If Trump would actually acknowledge the fact there is a problem with background checks for firearms.
If Bernie, Hillary, and Obama would actuall acknowledge the fact we have a problem with radical Islam.
Then we might be able to take an effective look at the problem's for solution's.

We need to do both...
Firearm background and mental health check reform.
As well as immigration and assimilation reform.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Why did you take 3 of the specific points that Trump has made out of the many i listed and ignore the rest? I already said in my post that I don't agree with all his points, but that he is the only one even trying to tackle this issue head on. Your use of the word 'authoritarian' is weak as piss and is just another example of a liberal pulling out a tired card from the deck to try and score points.

You asked for the things Trump has talked about - I gave them to you.

Actually I addressed six (3 in each post). If you don't see just how blatantly authoritarian those things are, that's on you. You can accuse me of "pulling out a tired card from the deck to score points" all you want but I'm not going to coddle anyone because of political correctness.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordDraconia

originally posted by: jimmyx

We don't have an Assault Rifle problem. We have an Assault Muslim problem and Obama refuses to address it.

Seeing as how most mass shooting is the US involving assault rifles are perpetuated by non-Muslims, I'd say that logically points to an assault rifle (or the availability of people to get them who shouldn't) problem and not a Muslim problem.

**I am NOT saying they should be outlawed, I'm just pointing out the flaw in your statement.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Hillary and Bernie using the incident to push their anti-gun rhetoric wasn't an attempt to politicize it? Pa-lease OP try not to let your bias spill out everywhere.

I commented on the President's politicization in the OP. I've also commented on Hillary's politicization of the attack today to promote a reinstatement of the AWB (look at my posting history). Trying to call me out for "bias" is completely lost on me. I call it like I see it.

The intrinsic nature of politics is that issues and events will always be politicized but Donald Trump saying he "appreciates the congratulations" regarding a terrorist attack is beyond the pale.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

I don't know the solution, and I never claimed to.

I do, however, know the causes, which I addressed in my previous reply. Therefore, we should start by looking at those causes, many of which are interventionist US foreign policy (both militarily and politically) especially as it involves the middle east, and change our approach.

Maybe instead of drone bombing civilians we could threaten Turkey with sanctions if they keep buying ISIS oil.

Fair enough. Will it work? How often have sanctions truly worked? Perhaps we could start by cutting ALL military and economic ties to countries who refuse to address the fact that they have these people (extremists) within their borders. We can't do that, because of politics, MONEY, congressional lobby, oil (Saudi Arabia), etc.

BUT, one person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter, so once again we have to look back to the policies and actions that helped create these anti-western attitudes and retaliatory actions and start there.

Again, I don't know what we could reasonably do, other than start by fixing the policies that create and fuel it.

ETA:

But until we address the real cause(s) instead of trying to blanket-blame Muslims, we will get no where. We cannot properly seek a solution to a problem unless we address the CAUSE of the problem, which people are unwilling (intentionally or not) to do.

And politicizing it in ANY WAY (D or R) doesn't nothing to solve anything, it just obscures the issue.
edit on 13-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join